Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Madonna- The Confessions Tour: Live From London 1/23/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-06, 10:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madonna- The Confessions Tour: Live From London 1/23/07

The DVD will be released on Tuesday January 23 2007 in the USA and Canada.

No news on HD DVD or Blu-Ray as of yet...but here's hoping!

No specs yet. Will update with more when I get more info.

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 11-29-06 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-29-06, 10:58 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
Is this the show that was broadcast on NBC last week?
Old 11-29-06, 11:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mao
Is this the show that was broadcast on NBC last week?
Yep.
Old 11-30-06, 06:04 AM

I hope this is uncut and has the Crucifiction NBC butchered her show
Old 11-30-06, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw her live, and refused to watch NBC's watered down broadcast -- do they really think that all the people who opposed the crucificition element would watch a Madonna concert anyway?! And did they even catch the meaning behind the crucifiction?!

The Drowned World concert, which was broadcast live on HBO in all its pure debauchery, was reworked and remixed by Madonna's team for DVD -- so I'm hoping this one will be too.
Old 11-30-06, 08:21 AM

Crucifiction or not, I caught about 40 minutes of this dreck concert on tv. Pretentious, Circ-De Sole' pompous weirdness.
Old 11-30-06, 08:28 AM
Banned

It will be the entire show, completely uncut.

This one will not be "remixed" or anything. The others were shown pretty much "live" so they would do other edits and audio clean-ups for the eventual home video releases.

Since this was recorded in August, they did one final edit of the show that will be broadcast everywhere else as complete, uncut and uncensored. America is really the only place that was censored (although other places may have the same 4 songs cut for time).

If you didn't like it, fine, but don't bother posting here. As someone who paid over 1k to see this show 7 times, I clearly don't agree.

Oh...and still no word on Re-Invention
Old 11-30-06, 08:32 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
It will be the entire show, completely uncut.

This one will not be "remixed" or anything. The others were shown pretty much "live" so they would do other edits and audio clean-ups for the eventual home video releases.

Since this was recorded in August, they did one final edit of the show that will be broadcast everywhere else as complete, uncut and uncensored. America is really the only place that was censored (although other places may have the same 4 songs cut for time).

If you didn't like it, fine, but don't bother posting here. As someone who paid over 1k to see this show 7 times, I clearly don't agree.

Oh...and still no word on Re-Invention
I agree, for such a visual show, the audio for the HiDef airing was lacklustre, can't wait to hear the DVD soundmix.
Old 11-30-06, 08:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Giles
I agree, for such a visual show, the audio for the HiDef airing was lacklustre, can't wait to hear the DVD soundmix.
The only reason was because someone, I believe, seriously screwed up. It was a 2.0 signal being broadcast as 5.1 I would almost guarantee that it will be the same mix that was supposed to be broadcast.

Hell, as long as it doesn't sound like the 5.1 mix on The Girlie Show, I'll be very happy.
Old 11-30-06, 08:51 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by CinemaNut
Crucifiction or not, I caught about 40 minutes of this dreck concert on tv. Pretentious, Circ-De Sole' pompous weirdness.
Unless you are interested in the DVD, please don't post in the thread.
Old 11-30-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
This got thrashed in the ratings last week. I still have it on Tivo, but perhaps I should just entirely skip it until the DVD comes out if the broadcast quality was that terrible.
Old 11-30-06, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rfduncan
This got thrashed in the ratings last week. I still have it on Tivo, but perhaps I should just entirely skip it until the DVD comes out if the broadcast quality was that terrible.
The HD picture was great. The audio was lacking simply because it was 2.0 and not 5.1
Old 11-30-06, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan

The HD picture was great. The audio was lacking simply because it was 2.0 and not 5.1

I couldn't imagine watching it in real time, I (thankfully) DV-R'd it in HiDefinition and fast forwarded through the numerous (annoying) commercial breaks. I agree with Digi, the picture quality was ace... hope a HD-DVD edition becomes available.
Old 12-06-06, 11:49 AM
Banned

Here's some info for those of you who are interested in the CD/DVD version of this.

Madonna will be releasing a live cd of her hits from the Confessions Tour. Madonna.com is thrilled to reveal the track listings:

1. Future Lovers / I Feel Love
2. Like A Virgin
3. Jump
4. Confessions
5. Isaac
6. Sorry
7. Sorry (Remix)
8. I Love New York
9. Let It Will Be
10. Music Inferno
11. Erotica
12. Lucky Star
13. Hung Up
Old 12-06-06, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's some info for those of you who are interested in the CD/DVD version of this.

Madonna will be releasing a live cd of her hits from the Confessions Tour. Madonna.com is thrilled to reveal the track listings:

1. Future Lovers / I Feel Love
2. Like A Virgin
3. Jump
4. Confessions
5. Isaac
6. Sorry
7. Sorry (Remix)
8. I Love New York
9. Let It Will Be
10. Music Inferno
11. Erotica
12. Lucky Star
13. Hung Up

Is the CD from the same show as the DVD, or a mix of tracks from different shows?
Old 12-06-06, 12:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
Is the CD from the same show as the DVD, or a mix of tracks from different shows?
Same show.
Old 12-06-06, 05:30 PM

Threadfarts are not allowed here at DVDtalk....
Old 01-08-07, 02:46 PM

Is the dvd alone up for pre-order? Amazon has the CD/DVD set while Amazon in Canada has just the dvd. Is the CD/DVD set the only release in the States? Is the dvd in the CD/DVD set the same as the dvd alone? Have I confused everyone yet?

Last edited by FILMCZY; 01-09-07 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-08-07, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by FILMCZY
Is the dvd alone up for pre-order? Amazon has the CD/DVD set while Amazon in Canada has the just the dvd. Is the CD/DVD set the only release in the States? Is the dvd in the CD/DVD set the same as the dvd alone? Have I confused everyone yet?
huh?
Old 01-08-07, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Made sense to me - but I don't know the answer.
Old 01-08-07, 06:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FILMCZY
Is the dvd alone up for pre-order? Amazon has the CD/DVD set while Amazon in Canada has the just the dvd. Is the CD/DVD set the only release in the States? Is the dvd in the CD/DVD set the same as the dvd alone? Have I confused everyone yet?
There is no DVD alone anywhere in Region 1. They're all cd+dvd.
Old 01-08-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

However inappropriate this comment was, I would typically have agreed with it. But that's why you have to really hand it to Madonna.

I'm a middle aged guy, but I'm a white t-shirt and blue jeans, stripped down, rock guy for the most part.

I so much don't like concerts that have all these theatrics, but when I watched this on HD I couldn't stop watching. Madonna just has that certain something that makes her irresistable.

Boy George put down her voice when he still had hair and a popular band, but I love it. It's just so distinctive and much stronger than she gets credit for and her body is just in amazing shape and she puts together a show that makes a rock and roll guy want to watch.

I only saw her once and there was FAR less "show" in her show back then, but I'm very much looking forward to this dvd. And, hey, you're maybe the most popular celebrity of our time, how about no more excuses and get a proper release of ALL of your videos and, ASAP, get the Re-Invention tour dvd out as well. No excuses. You're Madonna. All you need to do is pick up a phone and say, "do it now."
Old 01-09-07, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent news digitalfreaknyc!

Thanks....
Old 01-20-07, 11:42 AM
Banned

The tracks from the DVD have leaked. It's (not surprisingly) MUCH clearer than the broadcast. Very exciting.

The LFE is fucking awesome whereas on the TV version it was almost non-existant.
Old 01-20-07, 06:11 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
Does Netflix have this yet?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.