[Superman] Ultimate Collector's Edition Super Blunder

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

[Superman] Ultimate Collector's Edition Super Blunder

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-07, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my journey that started in November has come to an end. I finally received the discs in the mail today. I first received the box set in Nov, called in Dec and never received the packets to send them back in. I called in January and they had my address wrong. After a 2nd time of never getting anything in the mail I then in April/ May tried again. They gave up trying to send out replacement packs, but instead just sent out the discs. I'm glad it's finally over, what a cluster.
Old 05-17-07, 11:50 AM

Hmmm, I have called 6 or 7 times and not even a freakin' envelope.
Old 05-22-07, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just called and they said that they were getting ready to send out another batch of replacement discs - yeah!
Old 05-22-07, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hopefully, they send one to thursdaynighter this go around.
Old 05-22-07, 08:43 PM

Thanks for the hope Onebyone...I just don't get it.
Old 05-30-07, 07:01 PM

Okay, I called for the sixth or seventh time....first I was disconnected, then I was on hold for five mintues until I spoke to someone...they placed me on hold for twenty minutes and then came back and, crazy as it is, either burst into laughter or into tears. I couldn't tell which. They put me on hold again and a manager or something came on and said they would just send me my replacement discs. He said 7-10 days, we'll see.

Last edited by thursdaynighter; 05-31-07 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-31-07, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Duh Vuh Duh

ETA: for reference, sent disc 5/2/07.

Rec'd discs on 5/29/07, so about a month, not terrible, unlike thursdaynighter, I feel your pain man.
Old 05-31-07, 10:32 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't believe that this is still going on, Warner has really fucked up on this one
Old 06-03-07, 12:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So the corrected copies are supposed to released now. Since I think May 31 was the date given.

So does anyone know how to tell the corrected from defected copies apart? I saw the Ultimate set on the shelves again at Best Buy. But the UPC was the same as the old set. And based on how the plastic looked around the case. These could be copies that have sat in the stock room for awhile. Since they had a used/resealed look to them.

I'm thinking of skipping the Ultimate set and just buying some of the movies separately. At the very least. I want to get the original film. But I've seen it on the shelf for months. So I'd like to know if there is anything to distinguish the defected and corrected versions?
Old 06-03-07, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Julie Walker
So the corrected copies are supposed to released now. Since I think May 31 was the date given.

So does anyone know how to tell the corrected from defected copies apart? I saw the Ultimate set on the shelves again at Best Buy. But the UPC was the same as the old set. And based on how the plastic looked around the case. These could be copies that have sat in the stock room for awhile. Since they had a used/resealed look to them.

I'm thinking of skipping the Ultimate set and just buying some of the movies separately. At the very least. I want to get the original film. But I've seen it on the shelf for months. So I'd like to know if there is anything to distinguish the defected and corrected versions?
This is courtesy of the Digital Bits:
We've also got a little bit of Warner release news. Or actually, a follow-up on recent news. The studio has forwarded us a first look at the new cover art for the fixed Superman: Ultimate Collector's Edition box set re-release (due 5/29). Specifically, here's a look at the stickers on the cover that will identify the new fixed release from the previous version:

Also, according to the studio's press site, here's the NEW UPC number for the revised box set: 085391165262. For the record, the UPC for the OLD box set was 012569819122.
Old 06-03-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Originally Posted by Julie Walker

If you manage to figure out which one is the corrected version, I would 1000% recommend picking it up. Absolutely one of the best DVD box sets of 2006 and the extras are amazing. Even for the mediocre-bad Superman 3 and 4, the extras are pretty darn good.
Old 06-03-07, 09:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Based on the UPC. It was the corrected version I saw in Best Buy new release section(full price though). I was confused since that was thet UPC listed on all websites for purchase. And no mention of it being corrected or the previous UPC was given at all.

Anyway, how are the discs packaged? It looks like they're in 'pages' or something based on the photos I've seen. Do the films come with individual cases for each film at all? I just don't want the discs to be ruined easily.
Old 06-03-07, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
They do in fact come in the pages format similar to how WB packaged the Smallvile DVD sets. The discs are actually locked into their slots quite securely, so I don't think they will get damaged. There's also a 3-D Hologram sleeve that covers the pages when it's packed inside the steel case.
Old 06-04-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I called in January, got my envelope and sent back my discs. In April I called back and they said they would resend my discs.

Saturday I got a package from Warner Brothers. It was another envelope to send back my discs. the ones I already sent. ARGH!
Old 06-04-07, 03:15 PM

PIGS ARE FLYING!!! After six or seven phone calls since December, I finally received my two Superman discs today. I talked to them again late on Friday and they get them to me on Monday?! Seems so easy. Thanks to all those who wished me luck.
Old 06-17-07, 10:51 PM

I just received my set from DeepDiscount and fortunately there was only one floater (it was Superman IV; I doubt I'll ever watch that disc, so I won't exchange it just for that). I have one quick question though, the disc s were arranged in what appears to be random order (for example tray 1 had the 2nd disc of Superman 1; the second had Superman III, and so on).

I assumed they would have come in progressive order. Its not a big deal, but I'm curious if this is normal for the sets?
Old 06-17-07, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No that's not normal they go like this:Superman1 disc 1 then 2 and then superman the extended version 3 and 4 and so on,I hope this helps you out.
Old 06-17-07, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by anthement
I just received my set from DeepDiscount and fortunately there was only one floater (it was Superman IV; I doubt I'll ever watch that disc, so I won't exchange it just for that). I have one quick question though, the disc s were arranged in what appears to be random order (for example tray 1 had the 2nd disc of Superman 1; the second had Superman III, and so on).

I assumed they would have come in progressive order. Its not a big deal, but I'm curious if this is normal for the sets?
I bought mine from BJs the other day, and mine were also in random order. I wouldn't worry about it..
Old 06-18-07, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by thursdaynighter
PIGS ARE FLYING!!! After six or seven phone calls since December, I finally received my two Superman discs today. I talked to them again late on Friday and they get them to me on Monday?! Seems so easy. Thanks to all those who wished me luck.
Good to hear it! When I saw this was bumped I hoped it was you finally getting your dvds. Wow, that took forever.
Old 06-18-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

After finally watching Superman 3 the other day I realized mine were the defective discs. Anybody have an extra set of replacements they'd like to get rid of? I have Paypal and don't want to deal with Warner on this.
Old 06-18-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got mine from DD and they were also in random order. Other than that everything was perfect, and no floaters.

Incredible set, it's gunna take a while to get through.
Old 06-19-07, 04:52 PM

Worst customer service I have ever had. After about 3 months of waiting, I went to WB's web page and sent in an email. Finally after about 3 days I got a call from the "manager." He sent my discs DHL 1 day shipping. Was nice to get them but not after all the hassle!
Old 06-19-07, 06:43 PM

jsz1002, could you post the e-mail address or a link to the page?
Old 06-19-07, 07:25 PM

Did all of the original copies of the set have the wrong discs? I bought mine in January and just checked now and they seem fine. Superman 3 is definitely the new disc (after reading the description and looking at the screen cap from the first post) and as far as I can tell, Superman one has the right audio track, but how can I check to be sure of that? The only thing I noticed odd about my set is that the cover of Look, Up In The Sky! is not half picture, half writing like the rest, it is just the regular cover that would come separately, but that doesn't bother me.
Old 06-19-07, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've given the new set a shake, and the contents shift around. The original had a block of foam padding the inner case, and the package as a whole felt solid. I wonder if the foam was left out of the new one.

--THX

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.