Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Mrs. Doubtfire being released?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-06, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mrs. Doubtfire being released?

I found this on Amazon.com, and it says it comes out on Oct 17th. True?

http://www.amazon.com/Mrs-Doubtfire-...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Old 10-02-06, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hopefully it's an anamorphic version. Fox also appears to be releasing yet another version of Die Hard on the same day. Looks like just a repackaging though. Not sure if it's 1 or 2-disc.
Old 10-02-06, 08:08 PM

If you look at circuit city's web site they list it as "sensormatic" meaning NOT ANAMORPHIC!

I know that's what that means because that's what Star Wars was listed as also.
Old 10-02-06, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Harold Wazzu
If you look at circuit city's web site they list it as "sensormatic" meaning NOT ANAMORPHIC!

sensormatic is the kind of security device inside the dvd case.
Old 10-02-06, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Odds are this will come with a nice shiny slipcover and be the same DVD as issued before, it's probably just a repackaging job by Fox, it may even be the Full Screen version of the film. So really no big deal at all. Anyhow, I hope it's something better.
Old 10-02-06, 08:51 PM

are you sure? why the heck would they display that?
Old 10-02-06, 08:52 PM

About Sensormatic

Sensormatic solutions provide vital loss prevention and support for the retail industry. Backed by more than 1,500 patents and patents-pending for innovative , market-leading technologies, our solutions portfolio is manufactured and supported by a division of Tyco Fire & Security. From the front of the store through the entire retail supply chain, our products and services help keep losses lower – and profits higher.

Today, nearly 80 percent of world's top 200 retailers using EAS rely on our EAS anti-theft visible and concealed systems as well as our tough-to-defeat hard tags, labels, deactivators and detachers. And our portable products offer some of the most innovative solutions on the market today.
Old 10-02-06, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, I just checked BB's website and they're listing separate widescreen and P & S.
Old 10-03-06, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would love to get a nice anamorphic disc of this or blu-ray even better.
Old 10-03-06, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ianholm
I would love to get a nice anamorphic disc of this or blu-ray even better.
HD DVD even better.

Until then, I'm enjoying my 16x9 disc.
Old 10-03-06, 12:38 PM

I'll be getting this, just not this year,sometime early next year.maybe by then between now and then, it will be commited to be released on blu. got to much stuff to get this year and with christmas, its pretty tight, some things I plan on getting will have to wait till early next year. to tide me over until then I got my LD copy to enjoy.

if it gets mentioned that a blu-ray release is planned, then I will get it on on blu. I dont want to buy the dvd version and then find out is going to be released on-blu. since this is one title of many I am waiting for on Blu. so I will sit and wait and see what happens,at least I can enjoy my LD copy untill then. hopefully I wont have to wait long bor fox to release it on blu. maybe by then the price structure or there catalog titles will decrease. it is still high priced for fox titles that are catalog titles(Speed comes to mine. that title is a little steep to own on blu right now.)fox should release catalog titles for 19.99, and I certainly wont pay retail price for thier titles. even amazon.com's price of 27.99 is a little steep for a film over ten years old, can under stand if it was a new release film of today,but its not. price seems to be a issue with fox, I think on blu-ray titles.

with just my rant. hoped I didnt come across as a total jerk.
Old 10-04-06, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Harold Wazzu

Worst. Logic. Ever.
Old 10-04-06, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
Worst. Logic. Ever.
I wonder what he thinks "checkpoint" means.
Old 10-18-06, 09:54 AM

Has anyone gotten this title yet? Is it anamorphic? How does it look?
Old 10-18-06, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, more info please!
Old 10-19-06, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't been able to find it in a store yet. However, Amazon and BB have up cover art. It's the original cover art on top of what they made to look like a christmas gift box. Is it only being released for the holidays? Also, the P&S version has a different language (French?) written under the title, but it's not on the widescreen version.
Old 10-27-06, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered it from BestBuy.com. It's the original release (I think) with a holiday slipcover. Received it today.
Old 10-28-06, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Sabrett
I ordered it from BestBuy.com. It's the original release (I think) with a holiday slipcover. Received it today.
Is it anamorphic or not?
Old 10-28-06, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wd40cloud
Is it anamorphic or not?
I have no clue how to tell
Old 11-22-06, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Did anyone figure out if this release is the same as the previous version?

There are no reviews of the "new" edition, and there is no useful info on Amazon's user comments... one comment says widescreen, the next comment says it's full screen. So until I hear something I'll assume it's just a re-release of the old edition with a new cover.

Another Fox title in the same situation is Big (with Tom Hanks). There were rumors of a re-release, but I can't find anything showing there is a better edition. The last one was non-anamorphic, 2.0 sound, DVD-5. Yuck!
Old 11-22-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
And why is it available only on certain sites? For example, there's no listing for it on DVD Empire or DDD.
Old 11-22-06, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Manzana
There are no reviews of the "new" edition, and there is no useful info on Amazon's user comments... one comment says widescreen, the next comment says it's full screen. So until I hear something I'll assume it's just a re-release of the old edition with a new cover.
One Amazon reviewer said this was fullscreen. Another said Best Buy was selling widescreen. Which may be true, since Best Buy has widescreen and fullscreen versions listed separately on their site with different SKU numbers. However, I'm willing to bet the widescreen is nonanamorphic.

EDIT: (Assuming it even exists. Both versions are on backorder on BB's site. The last time I ordered something from them on backorder, my order was cancelled.)

Last edited by rennervision; 11-22-06 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-22-06, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw a bunch of these at the local Best Buy. It is the same release as the previous and it is non anamorphic WS.
Old 11-22-06, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
I saw these at Fry's. The case itself is the old and still says copyright 1999, and makes no mention of anamorphic.

However....the holiday slipcase does say Ananmorphic. I'm sure it's not, and I didn't feel like taking a $15 chance.
Old 11-22-06, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by myrdh
Saw a bunch of these at the local Best Buy. It is the same release as the previous and it is non anamorphic WS.
Thanks for the answer! Now I can scratch it off my list since it is the same as the DVD I already own.

I had a note next to Mrs. Doubtfire that Big (Tom Hanks) was being re-released. Big does not show up on Deep Discount DVD making me think it's OOP, but it does show up on Amazon. I suppose even if there were a re-release of Big, it is probably the exact same disc as before just like Mrs. Doubtfire. Bummer. I like both of these movies a lot, and all we have are non-anamorphic versions (and only 2.0 sound for Big).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.