Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

UNIVERSAL to re-release out-of-print DVD's -10/06

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06, 02:47 PM
Bye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't really even want the DVDs inside, but if anyone has an empty Cylon head box for sale or trade, let me know!
Old 09-27-06, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will we ever see the original Scarface available seperately?
Old 10-05-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Will we ever see the original Scarface available seperately?
i think universal will stick it on a franchise pack at some point...gangster, film noir, muni...who knows. but if it happens, then i expect thats what we'll get
Old 10-05-06, 07:12 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to open my Dracula and Wolfman Legacy Collection sets. I want to watch the films this month for the movie challenge. However, I know the set is being re-released, and I'd rather own that than the three sets individually. If I take them both back, I'll get about $75 Canadian, which would definitely be enough for the set.
Old 10-05-06, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Its been a while back...but i think all three sets were sealed within thebox...so you could watch what you have and return the three inside the box....someone should double check this as I have had that set for two years going now, and opened it day one.

Also keep in mind that the set was very prone to floaters, so if the copies you have are not jumping off the hub you'd be better off anyways
Old 10-05-06, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was so happy that my Legacy set arrived in perfect condition. I ordered it from Amazon.com so I could guarantee their condition.
Old 10-05-06, 07:56 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Cameron
Its been a while back...but i think all three sets were sealed within thebox...so you could watch what you have and return the three inside the box....someone should double check this as I have had that set for two years going now, and opened it day one.

Also keep in mind that the set was very prone to floaters, so if the copies you have are not jumping off the hub you'd be better off anyways
Thanks for the information about the floaters. I maybe won't worry about it now, after reading that.
Old 10-05-06, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Abe.
I was so happy that my Legacy set arrived in perfect condition. I ordered it from Amazon.com so I could guarantee their condition.
yah, back then i was still managing a video store, and got the one perfect copy out of over a dozen....we ended up doing alot of mix and matching for customers.

it is a wonderful set, and if the titles are sealed inside you can do the old switcharoo...but i wouldn't take the busts over scratched disc any day
Old 10-06-06, 05:47 AM

Universal needs to be releasing more titles from their library instead of re-hashing titles that have already been available. They are still way behind on their film noir (e.g., Blue Dahlia) catalog and there are several classic Bob Hope titles (e.g., My Favorite Brunette) that haven't seen the inside of a Universal DVD case yet.
Old 10-06-06, 01:31 PM

What's the Jurassic Park and Lost World Deluxe edition? It's quite steep.
Old 10-06-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gcbma
Universal needs to be releasing more titles from their library instead of re-hashing titles that have already been available. They are still way behind on their film noir (e.g., Blue Dahlia) catalog and there are several classic Bob Hope titles (e.g., My Favorite Brunette) that haven't seen the inside of a Universal DVD case yet.
realize, they aren't just printing more copies here...they're cleaning out warehouses and returns of old stock...just shipping them all out with a price drop to clean out for newer inventory. Not to mention that several people missed these titles when they were out there....this is welcome in my book

Originally Posted by ceeece
What's the Jurassic Park and Lost World Deluxe edition? It's quite steep.
Its like the E.T. set in size and shape. It includes the movies and the soundtracks, as well as a hardback book.

Last edited by Cameron; 10-06-06 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-06-06, 04:59 PM

Okay, I remember this now! When it was released I had the two movies and the soundtrack to JP already so I didn't get it.
Old 10-29-06, 03:56 PM

Monster Legacy set now available

For the last month, I've been patiently waiting for the Monster Legacy gift set to show up somewhere at the lower list price.

I have all the original Classic Monster Series DVDs except for The Creature from the Black Lagoon and The Mummy. So I picked up the Legacy Collection versions of both. I didn't think I needed to re-buy the remaining sets, but I was apparently mistaken.

Rewatching the sequels reminded me how much I used to enjoy all those movies as a 70s kid. So I've been waiting to pick up the legacy versions of the remaining titles. Cheapness sometimes outranks nostalgia.

The Monster Legacy gift set has finally become available at a few e-tailers. BN.com has a great price at $35. I've placed my order.

I'll need to buy the Invisible Man Legacy Collection at some point.

And I just bought the new Frankenstein and Dracula 75th Anniversary disks last month.

The set of Universal Monster oversized trading cards I treasured as a kid is my Rosebud.
Old 10-30-06, 09:37 AM

Does anyone think the monster legacy will be out in any B&M stores? I really want to buy this but was hoping to find it in a store rather then buy online.
Old 10-30-06, 09:54 AM

Remember to play your Legacy discs right the way through fairly soon after purchasing. Odds are that you'll end up returning some of them 'cos they are on those crappy DVD-18 discs that cause so much grief!

I only ever got the Creature and Invisible sets, it would have been nice to get a full matching shelf of the Mummy, Wolf Man and Dracula ones (and the sets save a lot of space), but I kept my original single discers, as I know they play properly.

If Universal need to do one thing, it;s to re-release the stuff they put out on DVD-18 discs and put it out on single-sided DVD-9's instead.
Old 10-30-06, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hmm i wonder if they will re-release the E.T giftset but i think since the 30th anniversery next year, iam definitnly sure they will do something special for it then..
Old 10-30-06, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by animatedude
hmm i wonder if they will re-release the E.T giftset but i think since the 30th anniversery next year, iam definitnly sure they will do something special for it then..
Thirtieth anniversary of what? "E.T." was released in 1982. Maybe you mean the 25th anniversary?
Old 10-30-06, 08:42 PM

I was going to order the Monster Legacy Collection, but the reviews are terrible. Especially when it comes to having a good chance of getting discs that don't work, whether if be from them being loose/and or scratched or just not playing because of the DVDs they're burned onto. What a bummer because those busts are cool and $35 shipped is a great price.
Old 10-30-06, 09:30 PM

I've never had any problems with the second wave of Legacy releases (Mummy; Creature; Invisible Man). However, my Frankenstein set did have a skip during the final 15 minutes of "Son".

Since I still need Dracula and Wolf Man, I'll probably just pick up this set. But I was hoping the re-issue would not be on dvd-18, since Universal appears to have stopped using those discs.
Old 10-30-06, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Walter Neff
Thirtieth anniversary of what? "E.T." was released in 1982. Maybe you mean the 25th anniversary?
oops!
Old 11-27-06, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

apparently, universal is re-releasing some of its Ultimate Editions:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=MCA021258

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=MCA021276

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=MCA021277

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=MCA021278

iam so excited about MEET JOE BLACK.

Last edited by animatedude; 11-27-06 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-27-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Where is Flash Gordon?
Old 01-20-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i noticed the meet joe black, patch adams, and Notting Hill ultimate editions have all shown back up cheap online...
Old 01-20-07, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

and what did i post above?
Old 01-20-07, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i'm blind....

your first link is dead though...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.