DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Kung Fu

Old 09-19-06, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kung Fu

I own the full set (complete series) of Kung Fu, heres where you learn not to loan out your dvd's to friends LOL after getting them back Season 1 disc 3 and season 2 disc 2 are no longer in playable condition (sigh) so if anyone can help me locate these 2 discs it would be greatly appreciated so I dont have to buy both box sets to replace the 2 discs
Old 09-19-06, 08:37 AM

You weren't specific about your problem. Depending on the actual disc condition, you might try boiling. I know it sounds crazy, but check here

Phil
Old 09-19-06, 02:30 PM

I know about the hot water method it works great on rental dvd's lol I dont boil though just run them uner really hot water from the tap. but unfortunately for me my friends small children are assumed to be the culprits and the damage they did is beyond repair (sigh) so I have been trying to find the discs, found sites that have them for download, but before I pay for a download I want to be sure I can put it on a dvd, thats why I would love to just find replacement discs (no luck at amazon so far)
Old 09-19-06, 02:31 PM

if I cant purchase the actual dvd, if anyone knows of a good place that I can buy the download let me know (have never done it before so I wonder about the format of the download though)

Last edited by alnilam; 09-19-06 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-19-06, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no way to legally download those episodes...sounds like your friend just bought 2 used dvds to me...
Old 09-19-06, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ What Cam said .. more specifically about your friend owning two new DVDs ...

You do consider him/her a "friend", right? Is that return of your possession acceptable? How would they like it? I don't know .... just some food for thought.
Old 09-19-06, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there any reason why you're avoiding telling us what actually happened to the discs? First you said they're "not in playable condition" and then you followed that up in your next post by saying that "my friends small children are assumed to be the culprits" and that "the damage is beyond repair". Did they break them in half? Poop on them? Tell us man! If they're just really scratched up, you could always try having them resurfaced.
Old 09-28-06, 03:33 AM

yes unfortunately the damage is beyond repair, they are cracked, and well hopefuly if I can find somewhere to purchase them my friend has agreed to pay for the replacements (thats why I came to this forum, in hope that someone might know of where I can buy them, without having to buy the whole set again) and yes it is the last time I wil lone a dvd to anyone
Old 10-02-06, 07:13 PM

bump
Old 10-02-06, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's doubtful you'll be able to buy two individual discs out of an entire series. It's tough luck for your friend lol but it's his responsibility to buy you replacement sets. Let him keep the old ones lol if he wants to.

Tough shit if he doesn't like it lol, but I can't believe he's balking at this. If I borrowed something from a friend lol and damaged it, it's my responsibility. I'd buy the replacements before even telling the owner what happened.

lol.
Old 10-02-06, 09:35 PM

My season 2 came with an extra disc, but I'm not sure which one it was. I'm pretty sure there were 2 discs in the #3 spot although I don't believe the discs are labeled. Let me check it out tomorrow and I'll let you know.