Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

A simple Stars Wars question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-06, 08:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A simple Stars Wars question...

I have seen many threads about the new Stars Wars LE dvds that came out this week, but I just have one simple question. Is the main disk of the new LE sets the SAME as the box set that came out last year? Meaning does the new 2 disk sets have the SE movie and the theatrical movie? Just a bit confused as I already have the box set, not sure if these new ones are needed except for the original movies...Thanks!
Old 09-14-06, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
Disc 1 of this new set is the same as the discs from the previous releases, except that it now says "disc 1" on it.
Old 09-14-06, 08:15 AM
Banned

Cool thanks, so if anyone purchases the 2 disk sets this week they get the SE movie and the original movie, no extras?
Old 09-14-06, 08:40 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was thinking about getting the new discs, but since I have the others, I would have to think hard about getting them for an non-anomorphic release of the originals, and just to have Han shooting first, etc. Having those versions on DVD would shrink my wallet. Just don't see a purchase in the future.
Old 09-14-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
There are no extras except for what's already on disc 1 (the commentary) and an Xbox demo of Lego Star Wars on Disc 2
Old 09-14-06, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by dvdlover631
Cool thanks, so if anyone purchases the 2 disk sets this week they get the SE movie and the original movie, no extras?
no, no the extra is the great looking tin that Best Buy has. I got one and it is so sweet. You should try and find one in your area!
Old 09-14-06, 01:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have seen many threads about the new Stars Wars LE dvds that came out this week, but I just have one simple question. Is the main disk of the new LE sets the SAME as the box set that came out last year? Meaning does the new 2 disk sets have the SE movie and the theatrical movie? Just a bit confused as I already have the box set, not sure if these new ones are needed except for the original movies...Thanks!

I am really impressed. You started a thread yesterday whining about Best Buy not stocking enough of the tins. You got that upset over something that you didn't even really know what was in it? You got that upset over a superficial piece of tin?

Impressive...Most impressive.

Edit: Shaun, I think your sense of humor is better than mine!
Old 09-14-06, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ShaunoftheDead
no, no the extra is the great looking tin that Best Buy has. I got one and it is so sweet. You should try and find one in your area!
Old 09-14-06, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
I am really impressed. You started a thread yesterday whining about Best Buy not stocking enough of the tins. You got that upset over something that you didn't even really know what was in it? You got that upset over a superficial piece of tin?

Impressive...Most impressive.

Edit: Shaun, I think your sense of humor is better than mine!
Not upset at all, shows how much you know....It was a JOKE....I wouldn't spend $60 of YOUR money on that piece of crap....If you did congrats!
Old 09-14-06, 03:01 PM

Classic.
Old 09-14-06, 03:43 PM
Banned

Not upset at all, shows how much you know....It was a JOKE....I wouldn't spend $60 of YOUR money on that piece of crap....If you did congrats!
Yes you are, or you wouldn't have added the "shows how much you know" statement. That is a defensive statement. I wasn't attacking you. I was amused.

I didn't buy the tin, I bought the walmart versions after having them price match CC's price. When these were first anounced, I sold IV, V, and VI to a local shop for $30 and kept the documentary out of the box set. Then found out that the OOT was not going to be anamorphic and I became angry. Finally decided to cave and bought the new releases at Walmart. I was lucky I got them to price match since the closest CC is over 40 minutes up the interstate, and I didn't have the printed add for CC.
Old 09-14-06, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If he hadn't been driving all over the place looking for the tin, he would have noticed there were already not one, not two, but three lengthy threads about the new "Star Wars" DVDs right on the main page of the forum that this question could have gone in.

Last edited by Mr. Salty; 09-14-06 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-14-06, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts
There are no "simple Star Wars questions."
Old 09-14-06, 03:48 PM

sour grapes!

Last edited by ShaunoftheDead; 09-14-06 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-14-06, 04:32 PM
Banned

Let's put it this way...On Feebay right now I can purchase a tin set for $73, don't you think if I had to have one bad enough I would just pay the Greedbay sellers there price and then come back and say 'YES I got one'! Believe what you want, I am not obsessed with a tin can!
BTW I picked up my 3 movies today at my local Walmart for $13.87 each, no price matching no hassles at all. If I wanted to spend $60 I would gladly take the Walmart exclusive graphic novels anyday over the tin...Off now to a galaxy far far away....
Old 09-15-06, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They're only $13.87 each at Wal-Mart?
Old 09-15-06, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Class316
They're only $13.87 each at Wal-Mart?
Not everywhere. Depends upon the individual walmart store. The local one here is selling them for $19.97 each.
Old 09-15-06, 09:38 AM
Banned

Yes here in this part of MA we have 6 Walmarts within a 40 mile radius, the closest one to me had them for 13.87 (Walmart exclusive with comic was 19.97). The next closest one had them for 19.97 (same for exclusive). What's weird is the cheaper store has little competition as the expensive one. It's weird with Walmart sometimes, I am sure there must be one in this area that has both regular and exclusive for 13.87, it's just a matter of finding out which one...BTW Walmart will also price match with their own stores, just tell them they have it cheaper and so and so location, they will call them and check and you will get the price match...Good Luck
Old 09-15-06, 10:58 AM

Yes here in this part of MA we have 6 Walmarts within a 40 mile radius, the closest one to me had them for 13.87 (Walmart exclusive with comic was 19.97). The next closest one had them for 19.97 (same for exclusive). What's weird is the cheaper store has little competition as the expensive one. It's weird with Walmart sometimes, I am sure there must be one in this area that has both regular and exclusive for 13.87, it's just a matter of finding out which one...BTW Walmart will also price match with their own stores, just tell them they have it cheaper and so and so location, they will call them and check and you will get the price match...Good Luck
i guess you simply sucked it up and settled for the lesser extras. oh well...time to spit shine my tin.
Old 09-15-06, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
i guess you simply sucked it up and settled for the lesser extras. oh well...time to spit shine my tin.
--
Old 09-15-06, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anybody got an extra? My sheep ruined mine
Old 09-15-06, 12:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since the question seems to have been answered I don't see the point of keep yet another SW thread open.