Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Computer Program to catalog my dvd collection?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-06, 06:36 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am looking for a program to catalog my dvd collection and ben able to several kinds of searchs in my collection. By actor, year, etc. But I also want a program that I can take my data and transfer it easily into another computer when I eventually upgrade my computer. Anyone have a good one to suggest?
Old 09-05-06, 07:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dvdprofiler.com
Old 09-05-06, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts
Movie Collector. It's a database program. You have to buy it but there is a free trial and free updates for life. You enter the dvd titles either by typing in the title, putting disc in computer and having program scan it, or scanning the barcode on the cover. The database then searches DVD Empire, Amazon and IMDB and then downloads the front and back cover, cast and crew details, technical specs, genre, release dates, plot, etc. You can edit any entry any way you want. Can use it for multiple formats like vhs and laserdisc. Can still get a lot of vhs cover images from Amazon. Can also download info from all foreign Amazon sites for your other region dvds. Can also add scanned or downloaded cover images. Can search by any field:year, studio, genre, etc. Can view either by titles, folders, or thumbnails(any cover image will opo up large by clicking on it. Can sory order by title, genre, release year, etc. You can run multiple databases if you want seperate ones for tv shows, movies, adult, etc. To view online you would have to export to a web page. You can run it on all your computers, export to laptop and ipod. Everybody in the house can have their own seperate databases. Also if a friend has the program you can burn a backup disc and they can install it on their computer as a seperate database. Also you can print your collection as list, covers or both. There are several printing templates. Can also add stuff you may have old tapes of off tv because IMDB will have the info to download. They also have collection programs for cds, video games, books, comics ans an mp3 collector.
Old 09-05-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
My vote goes to ANT MOVIE CATALOG. (freeware / donations accepted)

http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog

Very flexible, provides full import and export capabilities (something that DVDProfiler still doesn't not do), and has numerous report options. Check out the DVDCollection link in my signature... that is a custom online view that I created for AMC.
Old 09-05-06, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another vote for Movie Collector. Don't know how I lived for so long without it.
Old 09-05-06, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I v ote for my beloved DVDPROFILER!
Old 09-05-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

another vote for dvdprofiler.
Old 09-05-06, 08:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you have some Palm OS based thing (or even if you don't actually) I recommend http://www.wakefieldsoft.com/videolist/ I believe they have a demo version you can try to see if you like it or not.
Old 09-05-06, 09:03 PM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love DVDProfiler too!
Old 09-05-06, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I vote for Ant Movie Catalog.