Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

"Chained Heat" and "Red Heat" Coming to DVD

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-06, 03:14 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Chained Heat" and "Red Heat" Coming to DVD

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but both Linda Blair films: Chained Heat and Red Heat should be released by a company called "Panik House" I wrote them an email today asking if they would be releasing both tiltes and wether they'd be widescreen and feature special features. Here's the response I got:

Hello

Yes, Panik House will be releasing these.

We have yet to receive materials so we will be able to confirm everything after that. This will be in about 2 weeks.

Thank you.

Last edited by Divine_Trash; 07-31-06 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-31-06, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Great news! Linda Blair's saggy juggs in crisp digital clarity!
Old 08-02-06, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
They just put this up on their MySpace blog:

I don't know how else to say this so I'm just going to come right out and say it:
PANIK HOUSE will be releasing the mother of all women-in-prison films: CHAINED HEAT!
This is the first time this title has been released on DVD in the USA, but we have restored all the material that has ever been cut, making our version the global definitive edition. It's longer than any other version previously seen. It has extended nude scenes and crazy girl-on-girl action that nobody -and I mean NOBODY- has ever laid eyes on! Finally we can all throw away those parallel imports and low quality bootlegs, because this one is going to rock! We're also releasing a deluxe edition of the follow-up RED HEAT, another WIP gem -also starring Linda Blair (this time with Emmanuelle's Sylvia Kristel). But wait! There's more! We've got yet another new-to-DVD title, JUNGLE WARRIORS; an escape-from-jungle-hell film with Sybil Danning, Woody Strode and a cast of naked, kidknapped models. The version we'll be releasing has a ton of nudity that I certainly don't remember seeing on the old big-box VHS from my salad days as a video store clerk in the 80s. All are brand new transfers. All will be 16x9. All will kick major ass!
Old 08-02-06, 08:28 PM
Cool New Member

Thats great news!!! I can't wait for this release. Can you give me the link for their myspace please?

Last edited by Divine_Trash; 05-25-08 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-02-06, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here ya go:

Panik House's MySpace page
Old 08-02-06, 09:34 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks a lot!
Old 08-10-06, 11:47 AM
Cool New Member

Does anyone know the release date or any new info?
Old 08-10-06, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I saw the title "Red Heat"I thought it was the 1988 Arnie movie
Old 08-10-06, 03:15 PM
Cool New Member

Yeah this one is a different film. It is with Linda Blair and is from 1985.
Old 08-10-06, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Divine_Trash
Does anyone know the release date or any new info?
You must be very excited about this. It's only been a week for the bump.

I'd suggest either check on their website for updated info or check with some of the online retailers to see if they have 'em listed... and check back with 'em every week.
Old 12-16-06, 12:22 AM
Cool New Member

Chained Heat will be coming out March 27th.

http://www.panikhouse.com/panik_house_coming_soon.html
Old 12-16-06, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awesome.... I love Panik House. Top of the line with everything it seems
Old 01-21-07, 05:39 PM
Cool New Member

I don't think Chained Heat is available for pre order on amazon yet, and I haven't heard any news on Red Heat. There isn't a mention of Red Heats release date on the Panik House website even though they say Chained Heat is coming out March 27th. Does anyone have any new info on either titles?
Old 08-04-07, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Any news on this one yet - Chained Heat??

Last edited by mickey65; 08-04-07 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-05-07, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is great news. I grew up watching these movies on cable. They were my first glimpse of nekkid women.
Old 08-23-07, 06:38 AM

Is it true there will be a hidden deleted scene in Chained Heat where Linda Blair spins her head around Excorcist-style while being eaten out by one of her cell inmates?
Old 08-23-07, 06:43 AM

...but seriously...any word on the release?
Old 08-23-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You may be out of luck, I just e-mailed them this morning so I am waiting to hear, but it has been reported on DVD Maniacs that Panik House and it's subsidiary CasaNegra have gone out of business.
Old 10-19-08, 02:20 AM
Cool New Member

Great News! It appears this release is back on track. I was starting to think that "Chained Heat" and "Red Heat" would never get released. Linda Blair's official website says both films will be released on DVD in December by Canadian company "Video Service Corp" It's available for pre-order on amazon.ca, and the listing also mentions "Jungle Warriors" so I can only hope this is the planned "Panik House" release with a Canadian distributor...
Old 10-19-08, 03:21 AM

Fingers crossed!
Old 10-21-08, 02:22 PM
Cool New Member

I called "VSC" this morning with a few questions about this release. I mentioned that these 3 titles had been released in a region 2 collection by "Anchor Bay UK" and that "Panik House" had intended on releasing these films in North America before shutting down. Anyways, I asked if they would be working with the "Panik House" materials, if Linda Blair would contribute to the special features, and if the films would be presented in widescreen. I was told they won't be working with the "Panik House" materials. Linda Blairs participation isn't confirmed and they did not know whether the release would be widescreen or not. Though this doesn't sound so promising, "VSC" released a great DVD of "Wild Horse Hank" and Linda Blair provided a commentary. We may at least get these movies with commentary from her... Also since they're not sure about the aspect ratio, my guess is that they haven't received the materials yet?
Old 10-21-08, 02:51 PM

so, what happened with Panik House and their release of these movies?
Old 10-21-08, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Divine_Trash
I called "VSC" this morning with a few questions about this release. I mentioned that these 3 titles had been released in a region 2 collection by "Anchor Bay UK" and that "Panik House" had intended on releasing these films in North America before shutting down. Anyways, I asked if they would be working with the "Panik House" materials, if Linda Blair would contribute to the special features, and if the films would be presented in widescreen. I was told they won't be working with the "Panik House" materials.
Isn't the Anchor Bay UK set heavily cut? If they aren't using the Panik House abandoned material, then I have a feeling this will be a port of the cut versions from the UK, especially seeing as how they are both the triple-feature sets.
Old 10-21-08, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone must have spearheaded this project at Panik House. Someone just needs to figure out who that was and have them get in contact with VSC and who knows, good things could happen. I mean, it sounded like Panik House was already done with most of the work.
Old 11-17-08, 02:32 PM
Cool New Member

VSC hasn't confirmed the aspect ratio but the special features are going to include 2 audio commentaries by Linda Blair, trailers, french versions and the films will be presented on 2 discs. For cover art and official details check out Video Services Corps site:

http://www.videoservicecorp.com/Acti...NGLE-WARRIORS/

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.