Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone have problems with Final Destination 3 dvd?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 05:21 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last night I watched both the theatre version and the choose the faith version of Final Destination 3. I had alot of problems with both versions of the film. It seemed to pause during chapters and sometimes stop altogether before the choose your fate option. This happened on my portable player so I tried it in my regular dvd player and it played fine. Anyone else have this problem? I know it's not the portable player because it is just about brand new and no other disk gives me any problems..HELP!
Old 07-26-06, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I watched mine last night on my aged Pioneer 525 with no problems.
Old 07-26-06, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No problems on my Denon.
Old 07-26-06, 09:51 AM

no problems on my Toshiba
Old 07-26-06, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Doeman...suspended...heh.

= J
Old 07-26-06, 12:09 PM
Cool New Member

worked fine on my sansui dvd/vcr recorder except for the slight pause in the theatrical version where the "choose your fate" option would be. however, on my two toshiba players when a "choose your fate" prompt would come up and you choose one the dvd would skip straight to the middle of the next scene. unfortunately, the skipping also happens in the theatrical version as well.
Old 07-26-06, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had no problems with the theatrical version at all.

I only messed with the Choose Your Fate thing a bit. I was impatient and kept fast forwarding to the next death scene. When I would miss a chance to make a choice and I would try to go back the movie would skip to the end. I'm guessing since I was skipping all over the disc that was more of a user problem than something wrong with the DVD. I'll have to try it again soon and see.
Old 07-26-06, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I only messed with the Choose Your Fate thing a bit. I was impatient and kept fast forwarding to the next death scene. When I would miss a chance to make a choice and I would try to go back the movie would skip to the end. I'm guessing since I was skipping all over the disc that was more of a user problem than something wrong with the DVD. I'll have to try it again soon and see.
If you just want to fuck around with the "Choose Your Fate" feature, just chapter skip. I believe there's only 9 or 10 chapters in that feature, and when you skip, it takes you directly to the next choice on what should happen.

I had no problems with the DVD in my Cyberhome CH-500 or my 20" iMac Core Duo using Front Row.
Old 07-26-06, 02:56 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

My friend and I rented it early from the store he works at, and we watched the Theatrical Cut. We had the pausing before deaths problem, but we understood that it was just because of the "Choose Your Fate" game.
Old 07-26-06, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
If you just want to fuck around with the "Choose Your Fate" feature, just chapter skip. I believe there's only 9 or 10 chapters in that feature, and when you skip, it takes you directly to the next choice on what should happen.

I had no problems with the DVD in my Cyberhome CH-500 or my 20" iMac Core Duo using Front Row.
That's cool that it skips to the questions. Now I will try it again for sure.
Old 07-27-06, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This played flawlessly on the HD-A1. And looked great too.