Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Totally Poseidon

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases
View Poll Results: What do you think of this movie?
Very Good
19.05%
Good
33.33%
Average
9.52%
Poor
19.05%
Very Poor
19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Totally Poseidon

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-06, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally Poseidon

The movie Poseidon was just released not long ago and I have watched the movie already and I thought that this movie wasn't bad at all... Great effects and acting. Now, I'm suddenly crazy over this movie and I can't wait to get the DVD/VCD of this movie.

To all Poseidon fans out there... Please post your movie reviews...
I am also trying to find out the DVD release date for this movie as well but I can't find it... So anybody? Thanks

www.poseidonmovie.com
www.shipshake.com

CHEERS!!!
Sammidol_kelvin
Old 06-21-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
8/22 on DVD and HD DVD according to Digital Bits.

I loved the movie by the way.
Old 06-21-06, 12:36 PM

Haha... I loved it too...

CHEERS!!!
Sammidol_kelvin
Old 06-21-06, 12:43 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I'll take the original movie over this one any day. Although the new version has plenty of action, I found way too many faults with the dialogue (simply bad) and the fact that people kept stopping to talk about various, non-topical subjects (like weddings). It got to the point that everytime someone on screen said something stupid I would turn to my friend and say, "And I should know... I'm an Architect" (Those of you who have seen the movie will know what I'm talking about!).

So, if you're looking for a semi-decent action movie this film would fill that void. It's not on par with other action movies (like Die Hard for instance), but it is a quick 90-minute escape.
Old 06-21-06, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I enjoyed it. The script was TERRIBLY flawed, but the effects and sound effects made up for it. And Emmy Rossum being wet half the film.
Old 06-21-06, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Out of all the summer blockbuster fare released so far, Poseidon has been my favorite.

Come on. What's better than 90 minutes of death and destruction? Nothing (other than death, destruction, and full frontal female nudity).
Old 06-21-06, 02:11 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ReduxGuy
... And Emmy Rossum being wet half the film.
my cousin's twin daughters recently met her in New York City for some Summer program, and they she was a real prima donna (pun intended) and a outright bitch.
Old 06-21-06, 02:13 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
any film with Josh Lucas is a good... oh wait... scratch that... ('Glory Road' sucked).
Old 06-21-06, 02:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Giles
my cousin's twin daughters recently met her in New York City for some Summer program, and they she was a real prima donna (pun intended) and a outright bitch.

I have heard similar stories like that and have also read that her mom is the worst showbiz mom ever.
Old 06-22-06, 11:29 AM

LOLX... I think that Poseidon has a very interesting story and while watchig it for the first time it really grabbed my attention... Sitting in my seat I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next or who will die... I'm about to buy the original book by Paul Gallico... And I WILL buy the dvd when in comes out...

CHEERS!!!
Sammidol_kelvin
Old 06-22-06, 01:31 PM

I am one of the few that saw Poseidon in the theatre. I had heard all the negative buzz so I went in preparing for the worst, and ended up surprised. I enjoyed Poseidon, and found it to be an effective thriller. Unfortunately, the rewatch value on a film like this for me isn't too high, so I'm not holding my breath for the DVD. I'll probably get it used in blockbuster in Nov for $5.99.
However, Josh Lucas needs to be careful right now. He currently has the distinction of being the star of the last two summer's biggest bombs, 2006-Poseidon, 2005- Stealth. One more of these and he'll be relegated to SciFi originals (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
Old 06-22-06, 05:48 PM

I thought it was a good IMAX movie simply for the money shots but I always felt the characters knew exactly where they were going. I never once felt they were lost. At least a dead-end here and there would have been nice...