Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

SEs of Kindergarten Cop, Twins, Timecop, other Universal pan & scan titles?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

SEs of Kindergarten Cop, Twins, Timecop, other Universal pan & scan titles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-08, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The upside is that if Street Fighter is indeed non-anamorphic, presumably that means the old disc was non-anamorphic, which means they probably used the same disc image (double sided discs), which means it probably has all the bonus features.
Old 04-18-08, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Willo007
Well, this makes me upset, back in '97-'98 studios were promoting the DVD format as a format that provides choices. Universal Studios is not providing choices to anyone. I want the films be released individually. Not as a combo. I should have the right to choose the ones that I want. Same thing is going on with AnchorBay's Dario Argento Collection. I want Phenomena and Tenebre as single steelbooks. As a cunsumer I feel raped, I want Kindergarten Cop, Twins, Sudden Death, Time Cop, Tenebre, Phenomena and Lionhart seperately in anamorphic widescreen. If Universal and Anchor Bay made a booboo when they first released the films by themselves, why should I pay for their mistake. I feel the studios should be mailing me all the discs that are not anamorphic with an appology letter.
As another poster said, the price makes this a pretty negligible point. I suppose it's possible that had TimeCop come out in 16x9 WS years ago, now you'd be paying $6.99 for it, but it's more likely you'd be paying $9.99. Since this quadruple feature will be, as indicated by the other Franchise Collections by Universal, $14.99 at most stores, I don't see what the big fuss is. Sure, if I had to shell out $40 for a box set to get a single title I wanted then I'd be worried about it, but these mini-sets are too cheap for me to find real issue to complain about them.
Old 04-19-08, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Does anyone have the Extreme Action 4 Film Favorites set?

http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Action...8595765&sr=8-4

I like all those movies but don't actually own any, so it would be a decent buy. I believe they are listed as anamorphic, but as a previous poster mentioned, the Stallone set was also labeled as anamorphic when one of the films is not.
Old 04-19-08, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Living Dead

I like all those movies but don't actually own any, so it would be a decent buy. I believe they are listed as anamorphic, but as a previous poster mentioned, the Stallone set was also labeled as anamorphic when one of the films is not.
Will let you know once I get to opening it. Got it from Target for $9.99.
Old 04-20-08, 12:19 AM

The single DVDs of all the movies included are anamorphic, so I'm sure they are here too
Old 04-20-08, 04:24 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Nickofdoom
The single DVDs of all the movies included are anamorphic, so I'm sure they are here too
Not true. I have another one of the WB 4 film favs with Copycat/ The Crush/Diabolique /Pacific Heights. They are all labeled as anamorphic but Copycat is Full Frame
Old 04-22-08, 04:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Full frame, that's a nasty surprise. Non anamorphic I could at least live with, but fot full frame. I also think it's ridiculous that their quality control is so shitty that it necessitates a thread like this one in the first place.
Old 05-23-08, 03:49 PM

Saw the new Van Damme Action Pack with Timecop, Hard Target, The Quest and Street Fighter at my local Wally World for $13.00 today(out 4 days early). All are OAR except Street Fighter. Would have picked up but I ordered from DD since I thought it might be hard to find on Tuesday. Oh well.
Old 05-24-08, 06:15 AM
crs

Originally Posted by ericmylad
All are OAR except Street Fighter.
Street Fighter is OAR (2.35:1). It's not anamorphic, that's all.
Old 06-17-08, 04:09 PM

Has anyone picked this set up? I'm wondering if the special features from Street Fighter are included. Also, is The Quest anamorphic?
Old 06-17-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The Quest is anamorphic, Street Fighter is not. Disappointing, this is the first Universal collection like this to not feature a picture quality upgrade like this.

To the guy who bought it, is it two flippers or is the content squeezed onto single discs?
Old 06-17-08, 09:53 PM

That was me who posted that about the Stallone set. "Tango & Cash" is NOT anamorphic, but the other three films are.
Old 06-18-08, 12:42 AM

Van Damme Quadruple feature discs are not flippers.
Old 06-18-08, 04:45 PM

I'd also like to know if Street Fighter comes with its special features.
Old 06-19-08, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Doctor Zoidberg
I'd also like to know if Street Fighter comes with its special features.
No, it doesn't. You can't even scene select.
Old 06-19-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yeah, being not flippers, the discs are only going to have room to contain the two two-hour movies.
Old 06-19-08, 04:10 PM

Thank you for confirming.