DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica Season 2.5 due 09/19/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/467885-battlestar-galactica-season-2-5-due-09-19-06-a.html)

bigjim25 06-06-06 11:08 AM

Battlestar Galactica Season 2.5 due 09/19/06

The set includes second half of Season 2 as well as a longer version "Pegasus". Episodes:
1. Resurrection Ship Part 1
2. Resurrection Ship Part 2
3. Epiphanies
4. Black Market
5. Scar
6. Sacrifice
7. The Captain's Hand
8. Downloaded
9. Lay Down Your Burdens Part 1
10. Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2

09/19/06 is a rumored date, will update if anything changes.

milo bloom 06-06-06 11:28 AM

Ah, another Sept SciFi release that I will make it a point to pickup. Hope the second part of Lay Down Your Burdens is extended also, that was a doozy.

bboisvert 06-06-06 11:40 AM

:banana:

GIjon213 06-06-06 12:08 PM

Will this have the FULL season 2 on it, or just the latter half of season 2?

Joe Molotov 06-06-06 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by gijon213
Will this have the FULL season 2 on it, or just the latter half of season 2?

The second half of Season 2.

Temujen 06-06-06 01:05 PM

I just hope that there won't be a full season set with additional extras.

pinata242 06-06-06 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Temujen
I just hope that there won't be a full season set with additional extras.

If they do that, they'll actively piss off everyone who bought into their "half-season" bullshit and they'll never get away with it again. I stand by my original gut feeling that you'll never see an official full season set that isn't just the 2 halves packaged together. It just doesn't make sense no matter how you look at it.

cajun_junky 06-06-06 02:58 PM

It is the unknown....I would gladly buy each 1/2 season if I knew for sure there would not be a full season set down the road. I may sit on the sidelines awhile and see what happens.

starseed1981 06-06-06 03:00 PM

I'm sold but I don't wanna see this split season crap again.

chanster 06-06-06 03:09 PM

Cmon, you know that there will be a full season. They will release, get all of the people chomping at the bit, and then around the holidays, probably release the season set.

Temujen 06-06-06 03:26 PM

There won't be split season releases for future seasons - by starting season three in October they have eliminated the mid-season gap.

milo bloom 06-06-06 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by chanster
Cmon, you know that there will be a full season. They will release, get all of the people chomping at the bit, and then around the holidays, probably release the season set.

I think you give them too much credit. What I *imagine* we could see would be the two sets shrinkwrapped together with something like a Best Buy exclusive bonus disc with nothing of real importance on it, yet we will fight over them like hobos on a ham sandwich.

Seashellz 06-07-06 01:14 AM

no, if theres a chance to screw the consumer out of a few more bucks, a full-season 2 box will be out with some 'must have' extra. Makes ya wanna go shoot some of these suits and bean counters at the vidoe companies for thier greed and stupidity.

The Reaper 06-07-06 08:02 AM

I've been anxious for this. Thanks for the date.

gbub 06-07-06 10:25 AM

I was ok in buying the half set for this series as I really can't get into it on regular cable. The commercials and relatively crappy picture and sound take me out of it.

Damed 06-07-06 10:29 AM

Hmm...

Now I am wondering if I should buy the 1st half of Season 2 at the DDD sale, or wait until both halves are sold together (shrinkwrapped or whatever) at a lower price point...

pinata242 06-07-06 10:39 AM

Early look at the artwork is up at TV Shows on DVD: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5801

Josh Z 06-07-06 11:35 AM

I just started watching Season 2.0 on DVD, and the first disc glitches like crazy in all of my DVD players. Is this a common problem, and if so did Universal ever do anything about it?

gbub 06-07-06 12:36 PM

That seems like a bad disc. I don't remember having any problems, but it's been months since I watched it.

das Monkey seems to indicate there are no problems in his review:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=19354

chess 06-07-06 12:45 PM

Mine played fine.

Totally looking forward to this one...hopefully they'll start pricing these a bit more reasonably going forward. $40 for a half season is a bit harsh IMO.

bboisvert 06-07-06 12:54 PM

My set played fine too.

Josh Z 06-07-06 02:22 PM

OK, thanks guys. Unfortunately, I bought the set quite a while ago and never got around to watching it, so a return or exchange is probably out of the question.

Dogg 06-07-06 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Z
OK, thanks guys. Unfortunately, I bought the set quite a while ago and never got around to watching it, so a return or exchange is probably out of the question.

Try sending them an email and see what they say. I just returned ER Season 1 to Warner that I purchased last August because it had a bad disc. They didn't ask any questions and even paid shipping both ways.

purplechoe 06-07-06 04:58 PM

I didn't buy season 2.0 because I wasn't sure how Universal was going to handle these. Hopefully they will let us know before 2.5 hits the stores if they'll be releasing season 2 as a whole, or if this all we're going to get.

I hear season 2 is even better than the first... :thumbsup:

milo bloom 06-07-06 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by purplechoe
I didn't buy season 2.0 because I wasn't sure how Universal was going to handle these. Hopefully they will let us know before 2.5 hits the stores if they'll be releasing season 2 as a whole, or if this all we're going to get.

You know, I hear so many people talk about this, but I can't recall a TV series ever being done this way. I've seen "best-of" sets, then later full seasons, but never a distinctly parceled, first half of a season set, followed by the entire season. I understand nearly ten years of the studios bending us over for double dips on movie DVDs have made some of you a little gunshy, but I honestly can't recall an example like this for a TV show.

I hear season 2 is even better than the first... :thumbsup:
It stumbles for a few eps in the second half of the season, but then with The Captain's Hand it's back in form.