DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Question: American Psycho Differences?

Old 05-31-06, 04:10 PM

Question: American Psycho Differences?

I just finished watching the newest release of this film, I believe it is dubbed the "Uncut Killer Collector's Edition" and I noticed what I thought to be a couple of differences from the first time I viewed the film, namely:

(1) I remember the opening of the film being different. I remember the film opening with him going through his daily routine, not opening with the restaurant.

(2) I remember the film clearly showing his penis when he is running around with the chainsaw, and did not notice it this go around.

(3) I remember his secretary reading his "journal" as one long scene, but in the newest release it is split into two scenes. One where she finds the journal, cut to a totally different scene, and the cut back to her finding his sick thought scribbled throughout.

I am imagining things, or are these above scenes different in the newest release? If so, what version of the film had I previously seen? There seems to have been three previously released DVD's before the current release.
Old 05-31-06, 04:34 PM
Banned

Nope. You're mis-remembering. It's the same "unrated" version that's always been out there.
Old 05-31-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am afraid you are suffering from Phantom Movie Scene Syndrome. I saw American Psycho twice at the theater and several times on DVD. The resturant scene opens the movie and the scene of Patrick going about his daily routine is after the opening credits.

Since you misremembered that, it makes sense that you misremembered the penis and secretary scene as well.
Old 05-31-06, 04:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
Since you misremembered that, it makes sense that you misremembered the penis and secretary scene as well.
Although i seriously wish you didn't misremember the first part.
Old 05-31-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You can see Bales penis in a clip I posted in the adult forum. It shows up in an open matte French trailer(or so I'm told) and I posted the link someone had on imdb.com.
Old 05-31-06, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Although i seriously wish you didn't misremember the first part.
HAHA

Well, I guess I did "misremember" so to speak, but I do now remember at least where I saw the Christian Bale "chainsaw-penis" scene. It was actually here on DVDTalk!! Did a search and found the old thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....christian+bale
Old 05-31-06, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
You can see Bales penis in a clip I posted in the adult forum. It shows up in an open matte French trailer(or so I'm told) and I posted the link someone had on imdb.com.
Beat me to it
Old 05-31-06, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, almost looks like the trunk of a baby elephant! I don't think he was teased in the boys locker room at school!
Old 05-31-06, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is getting a bit out of hand.
Old 05-31-06, 09:08 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
This is getting a bit out of hand.
...or out of pants...