Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Chappelle's Show: Lost Episodes -- Due 7/25/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-06, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
The pressure got to Dave and he went nuts, claiming that everyone was involved in some sort of conspiracy against him. I know it sounds strange, but you have to hear him talk about it to understand just how crazy and paranoid he is.
Thank you, Dave Chappelle's psychiatrist.
Old 05-30-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by cerial442
Deep Discount DVD has this for $19.xx. If it is just 68 minutes with no other extras hopefully the price will come down a little closer to the release.
This should top out at $12.99 during the first week. (I hope)
Old 05-30-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by Randy Miller III
Thank you, Dave Chappelle's psychiatrist.
Randy Miller III = Dr. Katz
Old 05-31-06, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Chappelle's Show [Updated]

Dave Chappelle is back... sort of. Three completed episodes from the "woulda been" third season of Chappelle's Show will be released on July 25th from Paramount Home Entertainment. Chappelle's Show: The Lost Episodes - Uncensored will include sketches the comedian taped before his sudden departure from the series last year. According to Paramount, sketches include "Dave finally gets to meet the President of Show Business, spends some time in the limelight on MTV's Cribs, and gives his best impersonations of P. Diddy, Lil Jon and Gary Coleman."

Along with the three episodes, the single-disc release also features an hour of bonus features including audio commentaries from series collaborators, "The Fabulous Making of Chappelle's Show" featurette, extra sketches, deleted scenes, a blooper reel and never-before-seen performances from John Legend and Dead Prez. A retail price is TBA.

DAVISDVD.com
Old 06-01-06, 04:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy crap holy crap omfg i cant wait
Old 07-19-06, 04:00 PM

All I got to say is ... you should have no problem getting this dvd... stores are getting WAY too many.

LIke... WAY to many!

For only 68 minutes of actual material, I am not sure it is worth the MSRP on it myself, just going to get it during some 2/20 deal or something.
Old 07-19-06, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the episode i saw last week was horrible. don't know about the remaining stuff, but it was spotty quality.
Old 07-19-06, 04:58 PM

Wow these are going to be great!! I actually liked the episode last week!
Old 07-19-06, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
For Canadians, Futureshop.ca has it for $19.99
Old 07-19-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Finally watched these and its not worth buying IMO. I can definitely see why Chappelle felt the quality had dropped, but I will admit the Cribs skit had me laughing. Seemed like too much revisiting of old characters though. Enough with Little John already.
Old 07-19-06, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
$11.99 at Best Buy
Old 07-20-06, 03:15 AM
Banned

I just finished viewing the disc, so I figured I'd share some quick thoughts. The 1st two episodes had their moments, namely the *"racial fairies", and the black lawn jockey, lol. The 3rd episode..meh. A lot of the material did seem uninspired, almost like sketches tossed together to fulfill a contractual obligation that had already gone sour.

Personally, what will eventually sell this disc are the extras. Considering there's only 68 minutes of actual show material, a lot of which is subpar. The unaired sketches are better than the episodes overall. There's also lengthy segments for deleted scenes and the bloopers, the latter of the two, not as impressive, given they dedicated almost 4 minutes to a scene where Charlie Murphy pushes a kid off of a swing. Rounding it out are a handful of musical performances and some CC shorties. There are commentary tracks for all 3 episodes, but again, no Chappelle insight.

* I found it interesting that in the aired segment with the "racial fairies" that the black banjo/guitar player was clearly visible on the seat, whereas on the DVD, he's not there. Ever. You only hear the banjo/guitar when the lawn jock fairy says "this calls for a celebration!".
Old 07-20-06, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cinemaddiction
* I found it interesting that in the aired segment with the "racial fairies" that the black banjo/guitar player was clearly visible on the seat, whereas on the DVD, he's not there. Ever. You only hear the banjo/guitar when the lawn jock fairy says "this calls for a celebration!".
I noticed this when I saw the episode air on Sunday. Ironically, the episode in question contained on the DVD is much longer in length than on broadcast with extensions to the fairy sketch and more of the audience's opinion.
Old 07-20-06, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkside
Finally watched these and its not worth buying IMO. I can definitely see why Chappelle felt the quality had dropped, but I will admit the Cribs skit had me laughing. Seemed like too much revisiting of old characters though. Enough with Little John already.
I like the skit about his $50 million and how people treated him, the Tupac song and the Cribs skit. The rest was stuff that would have NEVER aired had he stayed with the show and finished the season.. deleted scenes material in a big, bad way.
Old 07-20-06, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Bad marketing move: they should have released the DVD prior to airing them on CC.
Old 07-20-06, 04:03 PM
Banned

The episodes on the DVD are uncensored and unedited, though. That, and like I said, the extras make the purchase. It's pretty much the last of Dave Chappelle that we'll see on DVD for a while. $12 a pop, I see a lot of people biting.
Old 07-21-06, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
The episodes on the DVD are uncensored and unedited, though. That, and like I said, the extras make the purchase. It's pretty much the last of Dave Chappelle that we'll see on DVD for a while. $12 a pop, I see a lot of people biting.

I'm doubtful. I think they would have made a lot more had they released it prior to airing them on CC.
Old 07-21-06, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Last week's episode was the worst episode I have ever seen, and i've seen them all. The first week was ok but man last week sucked big time.
Old 07-21-06, 09:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I'm doubtful. I think they would have made a lot more had they released it prior to airing them on CC.
I'm not. "Chappelle's Show" Seasons 1 & 2 are the 1st and 3rd highest selling TV DVD's of all time. A lot of people, once they heard the show was over, tuned out, so if they come to find there's actually MORE where that came from, the sales will be just fine. I don't think the quality of the unaired episodes will hinder it when you consider all the unused material in extras.

It's Dave Chappelle. It'll sell regardless.
Old 07-21-06, 01:21 PM

I'm not. "Chappelle's Show" Seasons 1 & 2 are the 1st and 3rd highest selling TV DVD's of all time. A lot of people, once they heard the show was over, tuned out, so if they come to find there's actually MORE where that came from, the sales will be just fine. I don't think the quality of the unaired episodes will hinder it when you consider all the unused material in extras.

It's Dave Chappelle. It'll sell regardless.

What was the second highest selling TV DVD's of all time?
Old 07-21-06, 03:44 PM
Banned

I think it was a season of "The Simpsons".
Old 07-22-06, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i'll pick up the dvd and since it looks like it will be cheap, it won't bother me that the episodes haven't been great. getting the 3rd season is the completest in me.
Old 07-22-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
I'm getting it for sure, but if anybody knows, does it have a "3" on the spine to indicate a season, or is it just a normal keepcase with "Lost Episodes" on the spine?
Old 07-22-06, 10:50 AM

I'm guessing there's no 3.
Old 07-22-06, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
The pressure got to Dave and he went nuts, claiming that everyone was involved in some sort of conspiracy against him. I know it sounds strange, but you have to hear him talk about it to understand just how crazy and paranoid he is.
I watched Dave on Inside the Actor's Studio with James Lipton and to me he seemed the sanest person in the world. I though it was a great interview, they should put these out on dvd as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.