DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Office Complete Season 2???

Old 05-11-06, 03:12 PM

The Office Complete Season 2???

Has anyone heard when The Office Complete Season 2 will be available?
The first season collection is excellent. My hope is that they will again provide the deleted scenes from each episode. I'd love to hear from any Office officianados.
Thanks.
Brian
Old 05-11-06, 03:17 PM

Probably some time over the summer, but you should use a question mark in your title.
I got my hopes up!
Old 05-11-06, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by josuff247
Probably some time over the summer, but you should use a question mark in your title.
I got my hopes up!
Yeah, I got all "Finally a release date!" and then.. nothing.
Old 05-11-06, 09:56 PM

Finally a release date? The last episode is airing as we speak. On a related note, what's taking them so long? When will they announce the release date for Evan Almighty on DVD?
Old 05-11-06, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by woemcats
Finally a release date? The last episode is airing as we speak. On a related note, what's taking them so long? When will they announce the release date for Evan Almighty on DVD?
We often get the release date for a TV season on DVD before the season has played out. Besides, I never claimed to be a patient person. In fact, now that I think of it, why isn't there already a release date for Evan Almighty on DVD? Get with it people.
Old 05-11-06, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The American OFFICE is the best show on tv, pure genius! It had a great second season finale, and they have no choice but to do a third season...
Old 05-11-06, 10:29 PM

I would guess end of August, beginning of September, but nothing has been announced yet.

Gord
Old 05-12-06, 04:46 PM

The Office (Complete 2nd Season)???

Sorry about not putting a question mark on the title on my previous thread.
Last night's finale was great and the last five minutes were one of TV's finest. Up there with Ross and Rachel's first kiss and even Lucy telling Ricky of her first pregnancy. Classic romance.
Old 06-20-06, 07:59 PM

the office season 2 details are up over at dvdanswers.com

Universal Home Video has sent over details on the second season of The Office which stars Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer. The four-disc package will be available to own from the 12th September, and should retail at around $49.98. Each of the 22 episodes will be presented in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Extras will include deleted and extended scenes, outtakes, and much. We've attached an advert containing the artwork below:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...-office14.html
Old 06-20-06, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kyzersoze11
the office season 2 details are up over at dvdanswers.com

Universal Home Video has sent over details on the second season of The Office which stars Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer. The four-disc package will be available to own from the 12th September, and should retail at around $49.98. Each of the 22 episodes will be presented in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Extras will include deleted and extended scenes, outtakes, and much. We've attached an advert containing the artwork below:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...-office14.html
Wow, this is so big.

I can't wait to get my hands on it.

It'll definitely keep me satisfied.
Old 06-20-06, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Come on? No one? Fine. Here you go, Doughboy:

"THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!"
Old 06-20-06, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

on Jenna Fischer's myspace page said that they just finished recording the commentaries last wednesday
Old 06-21-06, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From Angela's Myspace:

Season 2 DVD scoop!

How's your summer going? Well I have a little bit of scoop for you about the Season 2 DVD. We all worked on the commentary this past week. It was great to see everyone. Doing commentary is kinda random. You sit in a cirlce at a big table facing each other. With a big microphone in front of you and a tv. They play the episode and you watch it and comment on stuff. Sometimes I'd say something and think, "Oh for goodness sakes, why'd I say that?! Who's gonna care about that tidbit?!" But we did laugh a lot. I think you can tell how much we really enjoy each other and what we get to do for a living. Now here's some scoop. . . I've been told the Season 2 DVD will have hours of deleted scenes that have never been shown anywhere and are really funny, the webisodes, the psas, the olympic promos, the commentaries, basically hours and hours of extras on a four disc set. Also Jenna shot a lot of behind the scenes footage with her camcorder and some of that is supposed to be on there as well. It should hit the stores in September a few weeks before our Season 3 starts!

The webisodes are set to start airing on nbc.com on July 13th. They are about 2 minutes in length. There are ten and they will air one a week for ten weeks---I believe. Again they feature the supporting cast. Kevin, Oscar, Phyllis, Meredith, Stanley, Roy, Jan, Angela and a cameo by Dwight.
Old 06-21-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't figure out why the studios wait so long to release TV seasons. How can they hope to attract new viewers by releasing S2 a mere 9 days ahead of the S3 premiere? Granted, it would take me less than 9 HOURS to watch all this Office goodness, but most people aren't he die-hard fans that I am.

Am I the only one who thinks the studio's stratgies on TV releases are weird? I would aim to have them ready a few weeks after the season finales, so people have all summer to get caught up.
Old 06-21-06, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Studios could care less about their customers and the ability to watch all episodes in time for the next season. They just see it as a cross-marketing campaign to release them in the same timeframe so each can be used to hype the other.
Old 06-21-06, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

august/september would be nice. can't wait.
Old 06-22-06, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't figure out why the studios wait so long to release TV seasons.
They have deals with their advertisers to show most tv shows in re-run at least once (this isn't neccessarily true for every show); if they were to release the show on DVD at the beginning of summer, instead of the end, they would have to compensate by charging less for the advertisements, since the show itself would be less likely to be watched and, thus, less valuable. Since they use that money to pay for the show itself, I'd rather they have it than not.

Obviously, this model is in the process of changing, especially with selling episodes on I-Tunes and whatnot ... but, as of now, I'm pretty sure that's at least part of why they do it.
Old 06-28-06, 12:32 AM

According to DVDActive it looks like the release date is set for September 12th. http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...-office14.html This can't come fast enough the second season was brilliant (and I'm not just saying that because I'm from Scranton)