Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Are they coming out with an Angel set like the Buffy set?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 04-20-06, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that I read that they were going to later this year, but I can't find it now. I've tried the search, but unless it's buried in one of the season discussions I can't seem to find anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 04-20-06, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 180 Posts
It's very likely to happen, but hasn't been officially announced yet.
Old 04-20-06, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just wondering about this myself last night as I started the final season of my Buffy set. I hope that Angel is announced soon because I can't wait to watch it! I have onle seen the first season so the rest will be new to me.
Old 04-21-06, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Eric D.
I was just wondering about this myself last night as I started the final season of my Buffy set. I hope that Angel is announced soon because I can't wait to watch it! I have only seen the first season so the rest will be new to me.
I adore Buffy and every actor on it but Angel whips it IMHO. There's a depth of emotion in Angel that Buffy, aside from seasons 2 and 5, never captured (but omg it was ridiculously great). And damned if I don't like me some Winifred Burkle.
Old 04-21-06, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Region 4 set just came out on Wednesday...I ordered it from DVDcrave but its listed as backordered already (I waited until the last minute to get it in as a "preorder"). Im watching season 3 of my Buffy set right now (bought the R2 version on Ebay) so Im hoping that my Angel set gets here before I finish that as Id like to attempt to watch both shows together in the order they aired. But yeah, if youre region free you may want to check out Australia.
Old 04-21-06, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I bought and watched all episodes finally about a month ago, and, well, words can't describe how awesome the show is, and how much I love it. I need to finish up Buffy, but I'm waiting on the new thinpacks re-releases coming out next month.

I really hope we can at same time get a Spike movie(that would need to be done soon) and/or a Faith movie.
Old 04-22-06, 12:46 PM

Thanks for starting this yogi!

I recently converted to the Buffy/Angel cause with the Buffy set. I immediately borrowed the Angels and LOVED them as well (enough to shell out for a matching set). I've heard rumors of October in Region 1, but I'm not sure where I read them.
Old 07-09-07, 02:03 PM

tvshowsondvd is reporting that this is in the works for an Oct 30 release.

I'll probably trade in my current sets to get this to display it with my chosen collection.