Questions About Circuit City's Exclusive NARNIA Downloads

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-06, 04:05 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those who purchased THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA at Circuit City, an exclusive bonus of downloadable featurettes is provided. What I'd like to know is:

a) Can your unique download code be used to download these featurettes multiple times on multiple computers, or is it single-use only?

b) Can the featurettes, once downloaded, be burned to a DVD-R?
Old 04-06-06, 11:17 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
(meekly)

help me, please...
Old 04-09-06, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is single use only!
(The download page told me to download Java Runtime Environment, and by the time it was through, it logged me out automatically, and will not let me use the same code!)
Old 04-09-06, 10:36 AM
Banned

Yikes! Okay, that's one question down (thanks, pdrny, and my sympathies)--anyone else who has successfully made the download who knows if it can be burned to DVD-R?
Old 04-09-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Yikes! Okay, that's one question down (thanks, pdrny, and my sympathies)--anyone else who has successfully made the download who knows if it can be burned to DVD-R?
You probably could, but you would have to convert it to the proper format, and the quality of it is probably not good enough that it would look "good" on anything bigger than a 20 inch screen...
Old 04-10-06, 08:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pilot
You probably could, but you would have to convert it to the proper format, and the quality of it is probably not good enough that it would look "good" on anything bigger than a 20 inch screen...
I have no illusions about it looking great; I'm interested in being able to a) preserve it beyond the PC I own currently and b) port it from computer to computer (or DVD player to DVD player). Anyone know for sure on this?
Old 04-16-06, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by pdrny
It is single use only!
(The download page told me to download Java Runtime Environment, and by the time it was through, it logged me out automatically, and will not let me use the same code!)
BTW, I was in CC yesterday and they had a stack of download codes sitting by the register when you check out. I grabbed one thinking it was just an advertisement. Got home and it actually has the code in there. I connected to the site and was able to download it with the code, no DVD needed.
Old 04-16-06, 04:16 PM
Banned

But can you burn it to DVD-R?
Old 04-16-06, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You have the option of saving it as .mov or a Win Media file type (not sure if it's .wmv or .mpg) I went with Quicktime .mov. It was about 75 Mb.

So, yes you can burn that to a DVD-R.

Will your DVD player play a .mov file type? Doubtful.

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 04-17-06 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-17-06, 08:06 AM
Banned

IDrinkMolson, thanks!
Old 04-17-06, 12:39 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
BTW, I was in CC yesterday and they had a stack of download codes sitting by the register when you check out. I grabbed one thinking it was just an advertisement. Got home and it actually has the code in there. I connected to the site and was able to download it with the code, no DVD needed.
Ditto.

Btw, I downloaded the quicktime version
Old 04-17-06, 12:54 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

This is the first Ive heard of this--Any info on what kind of content is downloadable?

Is it the infamous deleted dancing scene?
Old 04-17-06, 01:14 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't gone through the whole download yet. It's about a dude going through some weapon props in their workshop.
Old 04-17-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by eau
I haven't gone through the whole download yet. It's about a dude going through some weapon props in their workshop.
Yup, that's pretty much it. I went through the whole thing, and it was the same guy going over the weapon props.
Old 04-17-06, 05:17 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
But can you burn it to DVD-R?
It is in a rather low resolution like 320x200. So transcoding and burning it to a DVD-R doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Old 04-17-06, 05:47 PM
Banned

Again, I'm not interested in the fact that it's low resolution; I'm interested in preserving and porting it.