Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone getting The Young Riders - The Complete First Season?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-06, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive never seen the show and was thinking of going for a blind buy. I recentley saw The Magnificent Seven Season 1 and thought it was fantastic. Though that may be because the only western show Ive ever seen is Deadwood and its nice to see a different western not full of "c*cksuckers"
Old 03-20-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I'm picking it up. It's a pretty entertaining show, and if you like westerns of the Young Guns variety you'll especially enjoy it. I think there were three seasons total.
Old 03-21-06, 03:19 PM

Damn you shouldnt have said that. Young Guns were my first westerns when younger and I love those damn movies. Looks like I'll have to pick it up!

I guess only 2 people are getting it than. Dont look good for the second season coming out.
Old 03-22-06, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought it. It's not bad but I plan on putting it up for trade/sale cause I usually watch shows like that once.
Old 03-22-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not planning on picking it up but it was a pretty good show for Western fans. Ravenous, despite the lukewarm review I gave to "The Magnficent Seven" when you asked about it in another thread, good for you that you seemed to have enjoyed it. For what it is worth, I thought "Young Riders" was the better show of the two.
Old 03-22-06, 11:24 AM
Banned

There was already a thread for discussion opened months ago:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....t=young+riders
Old 03-22-06, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by flixtime
I'm not planning on picking it up but it was a pretty good show for Western fans. Ravenous, despite the lukewarm review I gave to "The Magnficent Seven" when you asked about it in another thread, good for you that you seemed to have enjoyed it. For what it is worth, I thought "Young Riders" was the better show of the two.

Yea I thought it was good. But I did see what you were saying that they focused on that damn chick that wasnt even the main credits too much. The show really picked up once Beihn found the guy who killed his family though. I hope they release the 2nd season.

Looks like YR is a good buy. But I'll wait to find it cheap since its like $40. I waited to find TM7 for about $16.

Hey DX, why resurrect a thread that no one even replied to? This one is the one that got replies....
Old 03-22-06, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm intrested in this, I remember watching this on tv years ago when it was on and I enjoyed it, but I think I'll wait a while, i'm not intrested in paying $40 for it, or not yet anyway.
Old 03-27-06, 07:46 PM

I picked it up for my wife and she's already watched all five discs. The show's pretty good but the transfer is iffy at best in some places. Overall, it was a pretty solid transfer and then randomly you'd hit a part that looks like it was taken from an old VHS transfer, kinda like the Eerie Indiana set. It's a good show, but if my wife didn't love this show, I wouldn't have forked over $40 for it honestly.
Old 03-28-06, 01:17 AM

Ouch. Looks like a definate wait to find cheap thang.
Old 03-28-06, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by mink-e
I picked it up for my wife and she's already watched all five discs. The show's pretty good but the transfer is iffy at best in some places. Overall, it was a pretty solid transfer and then randomly you'd hit a part that looks like it was taken from an old VHS transfer, kinda like the Eerie Indiana set. It's a good show, but if my wife didn't love this show, I wouldn't have forked over $40 for it honestly.
That's exactly what's what I did and how I feel. I personally don't remember the TV show, but boy my wife did. Heck, I even decided to watch the DVD's with my wife, and she was soooo happy that about it that .... well you figure out what I mean.