Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

New Rocky 2 Disc Ultimate Edition & More Coming Soon!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

New Rocky 2 Disc Ultimate Edition & More Coming Soon!

Old 12-06-06, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd just like to know if the transfer is any better on this new disc compared to the version that came out before this one (which was already a new transfer).
Old 12-06-06, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd_luver
I know, there is a huge resemblance and it's hard to tell them apart on the outside. However, the inside of Rocky has a 2-disc keepcase instead of a nice digipack like the Raging Bull CE. I wanted a digipack for Rocky like the RBCE!
I wanted a nice keepcase for Raging Bull.
Old 12-06-06, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MoviesRMyLife
It looks like a check...theres a huge list of theaters in the back, and from the looks of it all of the major ones are covered.

Thank you for your answer, I wasn't sure how it worked since I've never bought a DVD with a free movie ticket before.
Old 12-07-06, 02:57 AM

I doubt it's a new transfer. They just did a new HD tranfer 2 years ago...
Old 12-08-06, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is the stuff from the earlier Anthology limited bonus disc included on the new CE by any chance? I'd love to trade the old one in and get the new thinpak one, but I don't want to lose the bonus material.
Old 12-08-06, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BSTNFAN
Is the stuff from the earlier Anthology limited bonus disc included on the new CE by any chance? I'd love to trade the old one in and get the new thinpak one, but I don't want to lose the bonus material.
I say just keep it and save for the DVD of Rocky Balboa. It's not that much of a space guzzler, so why bother with the thinpak if the transfers aren't new or different?
Old 12-08-06, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvd_luver
I say just keep it and save for the DVD of Rocky Balboa. It's not that much of a space guzzler, so why bother with the thinpak if the transfers aren't new or different?
A good point. If you look at the size of my collection (in the link below), you'll see that any space saving is helpful, but I can also save some money too. I just hate to lose the features on the bonus disc if they aren't repeated on the new CE.
Old 12-09-06, 08:52 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Originally Posted by DavidH
I'd just like to know if the transfer is any better on this new disc compared to the version that came out before this one (which was already a new transfer).
ROCKY Anthology Version:

Rocky: Collector's Edition:

ROCKY Anthology Version (with apologies for the subtitle capture, my error):

The good news--they use the same clean, bright transfer (miles better than the dirty, battered print used for the earlier ROCKY: 25th Anniversary Special Edition). The bad news--they are still zoomed in/cropped from the full image as shown on the ROCKY: 25th Anniversary Special Edition.

Last edited by Filmmaker; 12-09-06 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-09-06, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Picked it up at Target for $14.99 (Even though they had $15.99 as the displayed price, it rung up cheaper). The ticket for Rocky Balboa is a MovieCash check, one of the two big companies that do these (Hollywood Movie Money is the other).

There is a large list of theaters chains on the back, with AMC being the most notable name absent. you can go to moviecash.com and do a search for theaters in your area.
Old 12-09-06, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
ROCKY Anthology Version:

ROCKY Anthology Version (with apologies for the subtitle capture, my error):

The good news--they use the same clean, bright transfer (miles better than the dirty, battered print used for the earlier ROCKY: 25th Anniversary Special Edition). The bad news--they are still zoomed in/cropped from the full image as shown on the ROCKY: 25th Anniversary Special Edition.
Thanks for the screenshots! I can just hold onto my 2004 version.
Old 12-22-06, 07:49 PM

Is there anyone that did not receive a free Rocky Balboa movie ticket in theirs? I'm wondering who to contact because I did not get one (even thought the sticker advertised it) when I purchased it at BB. At first it seemed like the Superman Returns situation but then everyone here seems to have gotten theirs.
Old 12-22-06, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

just go exchange it
Old 12-23-06, 12:53 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 493 Likes on 434 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKing
There is a large list of theaters chains on the back, with AMC being the most notable name absent. you can go to moviecash.com and do a search for theaters in your area.
rest assured it most definitely works at AMC.