Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 8

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-06, 04:18 AM
LiK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, i didn't know this thread would end up with so many flames and no admin to stop it. this is a thread about people showing off their collections and setups. if people wanna flame or try to insult people for their collections, go somewhere else. i wanna see people's stuff, not hear some idiot piss over other people's collections cuz they think they're more "mature" or "intelligent" if they don't collect the same stuff. it's ignorant, plain and simple.

btw Sabrett, nice displays. it's good to see a girl actually collect the same stuff as the guys.
Old 06-03-06, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LiK
wow, i didn't know this thread would end up with so many flames and no admin to stop it. this is a thread about people showing off their collections and setups. if people wanna flame or try to insult people for their collections, go somewhere else. i wanna see people's stuff, not hear some idiot piss over other people's collections cuz they think they're more "mature" or "intelligent" if they don't collect the same stuff. it's ignorant, plain and simple.

btw Sabrett, nice displays. it's good to see a girl actually collect the same stuff as the guys.

what are you saying, that you cant handle a criticism , or that you have the right to not hear someones opinion if it doesnt mesh with yours? If you have the right to post pictures of your living room on a forum, then just maybe theres at least ONE person in the entire world that just MIGHT make a criticism of it, did you think of that? Is this forum and its members above criticism ?

I think that it is invaluable feedback to have a completely anonymous stranger tell you what they think, because they have nothing to lose, and arent going to kiss your butt like friends or family might.

a select few of the people in this thread have gorgeous setups, that are pure class, and you can tell they have some common sense about what looks good, and how to decorate. But i was curious about the strange link between large DVD collections - and the hoarding of toys or action figures. Its just really wierd looking- . i dont know.
Old 06-03-06, 07:01 AM
LiK

skiblet, what are you talking about? there's a difference between criticism and plain insulting someone's lifestyle. i can understand if you talked about the setups themselves, but you made direct personal attacks at these fine folks, not their displays. go read your comments.

so some people like "hoarding toys/figures", so what? do you have to really attack them as hard as you did? i don't really understand your negative attitude. like you said, you're a total stranger to them, so i guess that really makes it right for you to attack them in the forums for no good reason. maybe you should stop these pointless flames and let people enjoy themselves here. you're trying to kill this thread and i have no idea why.

if you don't like their displays, then stop trolling this thread and shooting out random mean comments. they took the time to take pics and plug them here, give them some slack, will ya?
Old 06-03-06, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
Face it, you can't have Star Wars shit in your living room when you're 40, so enjoy it while you can. Have fun!
That's funny... all I have in my living room is Star Wars shit , and I'm 32. My live-in girlfriend of 25 digs it as well (although the Vader in the corner freaks her out now and then).

As a matter of fact, when friends come over for the first time, the compliment me on the stuff I have displayed. Hell, even the UPS guy flipped out when he saw the Vader suit and lightsabers when he dropped off a package!

I look at my home as more of a museum/Home Theater than a normal domicile. My home is an expression of myself and my GF. Not what people think I should be. If they don't like it, they are not forced to come over. I personally can't stand living rooms that are "sterile" (i.e. homes that look like the showroom at your local furniture store).

I don't care about impressing anyone. I just like the good feeling I get just enjoying the things I have displayed around my apartment.

I'm glad some of you enjoy your "grown-up" homes, but you'll not hear me calling you all stuck up yuppie snobs. So if my home is too childish for you, then I'll just invite more kids like myself over to watch movies.

Old 06-03-06, 07:37 AM
LiK

AsmodeusVice, woooo, great stuff. that Darth Vader is AWESOME! is that a regular costume with a mannequin?

my only critique is that you should get frames for your posters

btw, can i have those Jango pistols? hehe
Old 06-03-06, 07:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LiK
Mod note: I couldn't have said it better myself. Since this one is so far off track I'm closing this version of the thread. If someone wants to start up a new one please feel free.

KEEP THE CRITICISMS TO YOURSELF THOUGH

BTW the reason the mods haven't stepped before now is because noone reported it until this morning....