Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

MTV's Real World - Coming to DVD???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-06, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MTV's Real World - Coming to DVD???

I know Season 1: New York is already on DVD, in a set. Does anyone if any of the other season will make it to DVD? I really hope so. Although, it seems like I've been holding out on this forever!

Thanks!

-Andrea
Old 01-26-06, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
You are holding out on something that doesn't exist?

I'm sure that if the first season did well, they will release additional seasons. I haven't heard that it did, however.
Old 01-26-06, 12:06 PM
Cool New Member

As a fan of The Real World, I was happy to hear they were releasing the First Season.....and then I got it. I was less than impressed with the packaging, the concept, the content...it was a disappointment for me. The shows were strunf together as one "episode"....no opening/closing credits, previously on's or next on's. I would have liked to see the Reunion special that MTV does for each season and the "Real World You Didn;t see" specials that used to be released on VHS and subsequently on DVD added as bonus features. Also, the Casting Specials would be a nice touch to include as an extra.....overall the First Season was a highly unimpressive release. Needless to say I didn;t but the Las Vegas season that was also released.

MTV is always so proud to call this one of their highest rated shows--they would do well to actually put some time and energy into a proper release of each season of this guilty pleasure show.

Just my 2 cents.....
Old 01-26-06, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 185 Posts
I'd at least netflix season 2. It was my favorite of the first 4-5 years.
Old 01-26-06, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I look forward only with Real World:Las Vegas. The sleeziest among the long going series
Old 01-26-06, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
though it probably won't happen, I'd love to have the Seattle, New Orleans, Hawaii and Back To New York seasons on DVD
Old 01-26-06, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Las Vegas was released awhile ago, but nothing sense.

I would actually really enjoy watching this and road rules on dvd, if MTV would ever release them.
Old 01-26-06, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I would buy the Hawaii one, but that's about it.
Old 01-26-06, 06:49 PM

I heard at the time that Season 1 was released that the original music was not included and temp music was edited in. This would make it really annoying I think. Music clearance for all these seasons would be far worse than the clearance for Cold Case.
Old 01-26-06, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by xage
I look forward only with Real World:Las Vegas. The sleeziest among the long going series
Mmm... Brynn...

Old 07-03-09, 12:00 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: MTV's Real World - Coming to DVD???

I just watched the first season on DVD and remember an episode where they throw a party where the cops show up bc someone complained about the music being too loud (also remember marijuana was involved). Was this episode dropped or am I imagining things?
Old 07-03-09, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I just watched the first season on DVD and remember an episode where they throw a party where the cops show up bc someone complained about the music being too loud (also remember marijuana was involved). Was this episode dropped or am I imagining things?
I do remember it happening during season 1. My cousin was living in Chicago in 2001 when the Real World was filming there and he said there was an incident in which cops were called to the Real World house for loud music and screaming. Back in 2002 the RW producers were scouting locations in the Atlanta area but they couldn't find a house to use because many real estate/property management companies thought having RW used home would be too risky because of the partying that is common with RW casts.
Old 07-03-09, 12:40 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by writer106
I do remember it happening during season 1. My cousin was living in Chicago in 2001 when the Real World was filming there and he said there was an incident in which cops were called to the Real World house for loud music and screaming. Back in 2002 the RW producers were scouting locations in the Atlanta area but they couldn't find a house to use because many real estate/property management companies thought having RW used home would be too risky because of the partying that is common with RW casts.

unless i missed it somehow it def was cut out
Old 07-03-09, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I just watched the first season on DVD and remember an episode where they throw a
party where the cops show up bc someone complained about the music being too loud
(also remember marijuana was involved). Was this episode dropped or am I imagining things?
Party - Cops being called - happened at the end of the season - episodes #11 and #12 (of #13) -
there was a birthday party for one of the housemates - Heather maybe? - a female guest called the
cops claiming that Heather assaulted her. (The two got into an argument - about whether the guest
paid for the right to drink at the party.) Heather is arrested and taken to jail and questioned. She was
later released with no charges against her and the cops even asked for an autograph.

The cops being called due to the music being loud was when Andres band was practicing at one of
the bandmates homes. May have even been the time when they were shooting a music video - that
was filmed by ex-Real World director Bill who got fired because he was involved with Becky. The cops
just gave them a warning, to keep the music low and if they could not play that early in the morning.

Don't remember marijuana being involved in either incident. I do remember Kevin being pulled over and
the cop thought he smelled marijuana. Turned out be just the smell from a cigarette that one of his
friends in the car was smoking.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 07-03-09 at 12:37 PM.