Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Has anyone heard when Rose Bowl 2006 may come out on DVD?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-08-06, 07:40 AM
Cool New Member

Old 01-08-06, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That'd be awesome. I'd probably buy it, and I hate both teams.

= J
Old 01-08-06, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Should be soon. I don't recall it taking them too long last year to release the Rose Bowl DVD.
Old 01-08-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am still hurt too much for USC going for it on 4th and 2 on the 42 yard line with 2 min to go.

They should have putted and put the ball on the 20 or even closer to the goal line.

Then, the call a time out on a meanless 2 point conversion, they needed the time out with only 19 seconds left.

Watching the DVD would open wounds I am trying to heal.
Old 01-08-06, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, I didnt know they did or could do sports on dvd. Does that mean the 2006 Winter Olympics could be on dvd? NBC is one channel I dont get in too well Still waiting for dvd set on 1980 USA Hockey team path to Olympic glory.
Old 01-08-06, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

don't know but THANK GOD Vince Young announced he is going pro today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! back to sooner dominance in the big 12 and nationally (do you realize the winner of the OU-tex game has been in the BCS championship game 4 out of the last 6 years ?
Old 01-08-06, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
don't know but THANK GOD Vince Young announced he is going pro today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! back to sooner dominance in the big 12 and nationally (do you realize the winner of the OU-tex game has been in the BCS championship game 4 out of the last 6 years ?
That's because the OU-Texas game is the only tough game in the Big 12 conference.
Old 01-08-06, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
That's because the OU-Texas game is the only tough game in the Big 12 conference.
Old 01-08-06, 09:37 PM

Glad to hear about Vince Young turning pro as well (thank you, Steve McNair). With OU continuing to rebuild, OU has a shot next year, but it was gonna be a lot tougher with VY in the picture. Without Young, OU will win the Big 12 -- though probably not a national championship contender yet.

Anyway, back on topic, it should be only a month or two before the game is out on DVD. Unfortunately, it will probably be 4x3, as with the past few seasons and superbowl games, even though the games were shot and broadcast in 16x9 HD.

Last edited by Admiral7; 01-09-06 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-08-06, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by madara
Wow, I didnt know they did or could do sports on dvd. Does that mean the 2006 Winter Olympics could be on dvd? NBC is one channel I dont get in too well Still waiting for dvd set on 1980 USA Hockey team path to Olympic glory.
I wouldnt count on that, but there are a number of sporting events on dvd, a number of college football championships, some world series I believe, and even old Wimbledon matches (gotta love the Borg-Macenroe era)
Old 01-08-06, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea

Good joke. I will lay off the Pac 10 and others because I don't want to gloat.
Old 01-09-06, 12:23 AM

I think the dvd is supposed to come out sometime in mid-late february.

I really wanted V Young to stay one more year, but he's gotta do what he's gotta do.
Old 01-09-06, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Admiral7
With OU continuing to rebuild, OU had a shot last year, but it was gonna be a lot tougher with VY in the picture. Without Young, OU will win the Big 12 -- though probably not a national championship contender yet.
yeah, they still stink

Go frogs!

Last edited by snoogins; 01-11-06 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-09-06, 09:18 AM

My post has been edited to reflect what I meant, which is that they were going to have a shot NEXT year, but would be tougher if Vince Young was still around. OU obviously had NO shot of a national championship game this year, and my post wasn't referring to that, it was talking about a shot at winning the Big 12, which has nothing to do with either beating or losing to TCU.
Old 01-09-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sports talk just called, they said they want their thread back.
Old 01-09-06, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by John Galt
Sports talk just called, they said they want their thread back.
Seriously. For those with tivo, etc, ESPN Classic replayed all of this years BCS games this past weekend. Check your listings cause I'm sure they'll show it again.
Old 01-09-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

fwiw, you can download an ~30min of highlights from the itunes "music" store.
Old 01-09-06, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kms_md
fwiw, you can download an ~30min of highlights from the itunes "music" store.
Which is great for those of you with 2" tvs.
Old 01-09-06, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd love to see this on DVD, and the sooner the better. I was at the game, so I didn't get a chance to see the broadcast. And yes, that is part me informing you why I'd be interested in the DVD, and part me bragging.

-JP
Old 01-09-06, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
I am still hurt too much for USC going for it on 4th and 2 on the 42 yard line with 2 min to go.

They should have putted and put the ball on the 20 or even closer to the goal line.
Running it up the middle was a bad play call, but there was nothing wrong with going for it there. The way Texas had been playing...they would've easily marched down the field and scored in two minutes. With Vince Young going off like he was, 20-30 yards wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference...and if you get the first down there, the game is over.

That time out right before the 2-point conversion, on the other hand...

-JP
Old 01-09-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
Which is great for those of you with 2" tvs.
or full screen quicktime.
Old 01-10-06, 11:47 AM

Lendale White had been running it up the middle on Texas the entire 2nd half. There was really no reason to believe he wouldn't continue doing it. I am very glad USC lost (OU's all-time record win streak remains intact, and Texas has to face OU three times before they could possibly get close to that record (which they have no chance of doing anyway with VY gone), and we don't have to hear about that phony Three-peat anymore. As it is, I would love to get this on DVD. I have the Rose Bowl game on DVD that USC played in 3 years ago, when they did NOT win the National Championship but were illegally voted #1 in the AP poll. I also have the 2000 National Championship game on DVD between Oklahoma and Florida State. Bowl DVDs are outstanding. They are the entire ABC broadcasts, minus commercials.
Old 01-10-06, 03:05 PM

I'm ready for the DVD.

Hook 'em horns!
Old 01-10-06, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Admiral7
Lendale White had been running it up the middle on Texas the entire 2nd half. There was really no reason to believe he wouldn't continue doing it.
There was a difference between that play and the other times that White had taken it up the middle. This time, everybody in the country, and even a few smatterings of people in other countries, knew that's exactly where he was going. You can't run the most predictable play against one of the ten best defenses in college football. It worked other times because Texas had to worry about Leinart throwing the ball, among other things. It failed this time because everybody knew that's the play they'd be running, and they ran it anyway.

-JP
Old 01-11-06, 01:30 AM

I was at this heartbreaking game and I NEVER care to see it ever again!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.