Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone have the "Gilbert Gottfriend: Dirty Jokes" DVD? If so, I have a question.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Anyone have the "Gilbert Gottfriend: Dirty Jokes" DVD? If so, I have a question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-06, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The box for the DVD states that it includes Gilbert's performance at the Comedy Central Roast of Hugh Hefner where he does his rendition of The Aristocrats joke. Yet, one of the reviewers at Amazon states that this isn't true.

Can anybody here confirm this? Thanks.
Old 01-07-06, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Double Down
The box for the DVD states that it includes Gilbert's performance at the Comedy Central Roast of Hugh Hefner where he does his rendition of The Aristocrats joke. Yet, one of the reviewers at Amazon states that this isn't true.

Can anybody here confirm this? Thanks.
Technically, the box doesn't say that (or at least that's how I remember it.) It's a matter of word play, and lets Gottfried go off on DVD buyers.

Short answer: it's not on the disc.
Old 01-07-06, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,308 Likes on 952 Posts
I don't have the disc but I'm looking at a pic of the back.

At the top it says the performance is recorded live from New York.... "building to a grand finale of filth known as the Dirtiest Joke of All Time (also featured in the film The Aristocrats)".

In the list of Special Features:

Gilbert's message to you, the DVD viewer - from the legendary roast of Hugh Hefner to metaphysical musings and English muffins"

So the joke itself sounds like is there but from his own live show and he only talks about the roast... no actual performance from the roast.
Old 01-07-06, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

That's exactly the case. I just couldn't remember the exact words.

I'll put the actual content in spoiler tags here for anyone interested:

Spoiler:

Basically, he says that the Friar's Club wanted a ton of money to give him the rights to the roast footage, and he couldn't be bothered, because he's so cheap, and he doesn't care what you think, because you were already fooled by the box and he's got your money.