Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Whose Line is it Anyway? Please join the campaign.

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-06-06, 04:39 PM

I just entered my email at a-zon to get this series released on DVD. And whille searching I found a nice little campaign website which shows many ways you can let your voice be heard from WB. If you LOVE this show like I do, please let your voice be heard. Even if it is a simple A-zon, but personally I am calling WB and writing letters aswell. This website below will list several ways you can contact the WB about your love for the show. . .

http://www.whose-line.com/campaigns.html
Old 01-06-06, 06:50 PM

it's the Drew one I thought this was about the original series...
Old 01-06-06, 08:15 PM

I think both versions have their charms - and their names are Mochrie and Stiles. These two were the heart of all three versions (including the British radio version that preceded the two TV series), and IMO they are equally funny throughout.

I can live without Carey myself, but I don't think it's that one TV version is great and the other one sucks. One is great and the other one is greater.

I'd love to see season sets of these shows. For the US versions, it would be stunningly awesome if they were organized not by "aired versions" (as we'd normally want with any show) but by *tapings* -- since the way the show was made, they'd do marathon tapings with a given foursome, and then edit a bunch of shows from each of those. That's how we're still getting occasional "new" shows on ABC Family - they're still able to pull enough unaired marterial from those tapings to create new half-hours. Perhaps the aired versions could be menu-selectable and assembled via seamless branching.

Of course, these are pipe dreams. There's hundreds of hours of material, and the likely sales volume woulld be hardly likely to support the cost of revisiting all that tape and organizing it into the 15 or 20 DVD sets it would take to hold it all.

But anything would be better than nothing.

RichC
Old 01-06-06, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the most they will do will probably be a 'best of' compilation. Not sure i'd buy them but would like to rent as I really enjoyed the show.
Old 01-06-06, 11:36 PM

I'd take anything as long as it's extensive (6+ hours) mutiple releases like best of year one, best of year 2. That's fine by me. I hope this happens someday. Until then I have no choice but to buy a DVD recorder and get my favorite shows on VCD.