Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Question About "Ultimate Superman Collection?"

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-05-06, 10:57 PM

I bought the collection of the Batman Movies and shortly after I got it they released all the movies in a special edition. So I sold the set I have and plan to get the new Special editions movies later on. For Superman I have the Ultimate collection and I wish all 4 movies came out in a better transfer and in special editions like the Batman. Do they have any plans to do this like the Batman movies?
Old 01-05-06, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

lots of info...short of it is....new box should be coming around superman returns time. The original movie will have the flipper content seperated into two disc (and hopefully the original cut will appear) Rumor has it a Donner cut is coming for #2. 3 and 4 will get special editions and 4 supposedly has a lot of deleted footage that was discovered last year.

Any news on SUPERMAN sequels special editions?

Anyone think the success of older Batman DVDs will impact Superman DVDs?
Old 01-06-06, 01:03 AM

cool. I bought the first box set so i hope they release the Superman 2 donner version seperate and I'll buy that.
Old 01-06-06, 01:20 AM

I can confirm that actor Jack O'Halloran and Actress Sarah Douglas (phantom zone villains) from Superman 2 have recorded an interview for Superman 2 documentary. The plan is to release Superman 2, 3, and 4 as a special edition fall of 2006.. with the dvd release of Superman Returns. Like they did with Batman begins last year.

JACOB
Old 01-07-06, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PHMustang2000
I bought the collection of the Batman Movies and shortly after I got it they released all the movies in a special edition. So I sold the set I have and plan to get the new Special editions movies later on. For Superman I have the Ultimate collection and I wish all 4 movies came out in a better transfer and in special editions like the Batman. Do they have any plans to do this like the Batman movies?
Someone asked the same question in the first superman sequels thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showpos...1&postcount=73

Short answer, I doubt the screen tests from Superman I will be in any future releases.
Old 01-08-06, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JACOB
I can confirm that actor Jack O'Halloran and Actress Sarah Douglas (phantom zone villains) from Superman 2 have recorded an interview for Superman 2 documentary. The plan is to release Superman 2, 3, and 4 as a special edition fall of 2006.. with the dvd release of Superman Returns. Like they did with Batman begins last year.

JACOB
this is correct...have info from one of the producers of the set...will not be released until holiday 2006 to coincide with the dvd release of superman returns....my friend told me that they are planning for a 10 disc box set with 2disc special editions of the first four films (could get wittled down to 8 discs if they only do 2 discs for the first two movies)...said it was going to include various superman serials as well as some supes cartoons....
Old 01-08-06, 08:48 AM
Mod Emeritus

Closing duplicate thread...