Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

1st & 10... coming this week?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-06, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st & 10... coming this week?

According to TVShowsonDVD.com, 1st & 10 seasons 1 & 2 are supposed to come out on Tuesday. Amazon.com lists them as having been released back in November, and I can't find them on DDD.

So... any word on what's going on with them? If they are coming out, are they going to be the same censored & poor video quality that the Wal-Mart "complete series" was.
Old 01-01-06, 09:34 PM

They WERE going to be released in November, but got delayed until January. Why? Because Wal-Mart negotiated for a special "complete series" release that has already happened and can be gotten their stores or at Walmart.com for under $20. Now no retailer seems to want to carry the separate season sets...gee, I wonder why?

The cuts on the complete series are all the publisher has to use, so don't expect anything different on the season sets. If you want the show, get the complete series at Walmart. I did.
Old 01-01-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by David Lambert
They WERE going to be released in November, but got delayed until January. Why? Because Wal-Mart negotiated for a special "complete series" release that has already happened and can be gotten their stores or at Walmart.com for under $20. Now no retailer seems to want to carry the separate season sets...gee, I wonder why?

The cuts on the complete series are all the publisher has to use, so don't expect anything different on the season sets. If you want the show, get the complete series at Walmart. I did.
Ugh... thanks, David. I didn't recall seeing that as the reason they were delayed, I only remembered that they never came out.

I guess if the Wally World cut is the only one that the publisher has, I can understand why no one wants to carry the individual sets. What's your opinion on the Wally World set? How badly is it chopped up? How bad is the video quality?
Old 01-01-06, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen it at Wal-Mart already. Like a week or two ago.
Old 01-01-06, 10:09 PM

For the money, it's doubtful that you'll regret it. Just set your expectations low, and you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-01-06, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Here's the thread from the Bargain's Forum. The cuts are discussed.

1st and Ten

Edit: Looks like you posted in the thread, so you probably know what was cut.

Last edited by TomOpus; 01-01-06 at 10:17 PM.