DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Wonder Showzen -> March 28

Old 12-17-05, 04:13 PM

Wonder Showzen -> March 28

I know this was mentioned in passing in the Robot Chicken thread, but Wonder Showzen grabs Robot Chicken by the pubes and slaps it like it stole something.

Not every bit in every episode works, but even when something goes down in flames you'll still be glad that a show like this gets to exist. And when it does work, it ranks among the funniest things on television. I can't wait, and I really hope they go to town with the extras. There were a few things that seemed to be censored that I hope get restored as well.
Old 12-17-05, 04:57 PM

Great news! Any news on specs yet? A lot of the mtv dvd's are pretty loaded, like the Wildboyz seasons.
Old 12-17-05, 05:01 PM

TVShowsonDVD just got their information from vendor sites like Amazon who already have it listed, so no specs or cover art yet.
Old 12-17-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am glad that the show exists. It's certainly more audacious than almost anything else on basic cable. I don't actually find it funny or enjoy watching it, but I do find its audacity and complete disregard for convention refreshing.
Old 12-17-05, 06:55 PM

Is this show still running? It seemed like there was only 6 episodes that MTV2 ran 5,000 times and after that I gave up. But great news about the DVD I will definetly pick this up.
Old 12-18-05, 03:32 PM

MTV2 picked it up for a second season. Maybe the premiere will coincide with the DVD release.
Old 12-18-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used to show this and the 'Lookwell' pilot to people, saying "Look what they *could* do on TV but never have the balls to do." This was back when the pilot was dropped by USA and not looking to air anywhere...

I hope they put the original "Kid's Show" pilot on the disc, as that's got several things which were truncated in the final released version ... the extended "hot dog factory" sequence is amazing, and the song that plays why letter N has sex with letter S is one of the best things the show has ever had.

"Aw, baby, I wanna show you where my love goes,
baby, I wanna get it all over you
all over you
all over you-u-u
take a stroll on down to my love
and I will meet you there"

I can't remember the rest. This is a definite must buy, I look forward to showing the second episode to unsuspecting people.
Old 10-22-06, 05:19 PM
Banned

TVshowsondvd.com is reporting that Paramount is going to released a giftset with both season 1 and 2 in a collectible lunchbox. More info here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6532
Old 10-23-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
TVshowsondvd.com is reporting that Paramount is going to released a giftset with both season 1 and 2 in a collectible lunchbox. More info here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6532
That probably means there will not be a season three.
Old 10-23-06, 10:40 AM
Banned

This show would fit perfectly on Adult Swim.
Old 10-23-06, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
That probably means there will not be a season three.
Did you catch the last few episodes? They were quickly running out of ideas. Better to end it now, than to drag it out.
Old 10-24-06, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This lunchbox set better have the complete version of the "Ocean" episode. The current Season 1 set is missing the end of the "H.O.B.O-OPs" cartoon. Also, the rules for the Season 2 DVD Easter Egg Animation Contest mention that the winning animation may be "included on the Wonder Showzen Season 3 DVD" - I guess that means a third season is still a possibility?
Old 10-24-06, 05:27 PM

I don't think they "ran out of ideas" as much as they were experimenting with how far they could push the envelope, and maybe punctured a hole right the hell through it.

According to an interview I read recently, the show is "90% cancelled," because the ratings weren't great, even though DVD sales apparently were.
Old 10-24-06, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
Did you catch the last few episodes? They were quickly running out of ideas. Better to end it now, than to drag it out.
Apparently, MTV really pushed them to do an extra episode, but it wasn't the final one, and I thought the final episode was amazing.

In most interviews, they seemed to express that they weren't sure they could do another season, but I have heard they're trying to shop it around.