Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Mission: Impossible - Special Collector's Edition (April 2006)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Mission: Impossible - Special Collector's Edition (April 2006)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 10:18 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really wish they made a reg. DVD price and a nicel special edition, it is gooood! hahah
Old 04-11-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by weldon
Is the free ticket only in the collector's set?
The ticket is supposed to be available in the single disc M:I as well.
Old 04-11-06, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Has anyone picked this up and had the chance to watch the new transfer?
Old 04-11-06, 12:17 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts
this only comes with the 2 movies, 3 total discs, no separate bonus disc, right?
Old 04-11-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
this only comes with the 2 movies, 3 total discs, no separate bonus disc, right?
This is true for the Collector's Set that contains both movies.
Old 04-11-06, 01:13 PM

but there's no bonus with just M:I-1 CE, right?
Old 04-11-06, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

but there's no bonus with just M:I-1 CE, right?
Here is the scoop, as I just bought M:I-1 CE ...

Separately:
M:I-1 CE (including ticket) = 1 Disc
M:I-2 = 2 Discs

M:I Collector's Set = M:I-1 CE + M:I-2 = 3 Discs (basically, you include a cardboard sleeve that holds both of the individual releases)

As far as I can tell, there is no "Bonus Disc". There is only the 2nd disc in the M:I-2 set.
Old 04-11-06, 02:34 PM

thanks flix!
Old 04-11-06, 03:37 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, after all the research I've done on this title, I still got screwed in the end. I purchased the 3-disc boxed set (though I found out Tarantino was--I'm sure unintentionally--wrong about the Super Bowl TV spot for M:I 3, which is on the MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE: Special Collector's Edition as an Easter egg) because I couldn't resist the pretty box and can net back the $4 investment in rebuying M:I 2 by selling off my original; however, I neglected to realize that only boxes marked for the free M:I 3 movie ticket feature it, so no ticket for me! This release has become more trouble than it was worth, but oh well, it's over (for better or for worse) now. BUYERS BEWARE!!! Whether you're buying a single title or both in the box, look for the free ticket sticker on the outer case!!!
Old 04-11-06, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Well, after all the research I've done on this title, I still got screwed in the end. I purchased the 3-disc boxed set (though I found out Tarantino was--I'm sure unintentionally--wrong about the Super Bowl TV spot for M:I 3, which is on the MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE: Special Collector's Edition as an Easter egg) because I couldn't resist the pretty box and can net back the $4 investment in rebuying M:I 2 by selling off my original; however, I neglected to realize that only boxes marked for the free M:I 3 movie ticket feature it, so no ticket for me! This release has become more trouble than it was worth, but oh well, it's over (for better or for worse) now. BUYERS BEWARE!!! Whether you're buying a single title or both in the box, look for the free ticket sticker on the outer case!!!
why can't you return it? even opened, you should be able to exchange for exact same with ticket.
Old 04-11-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked the M:I collectors edition up today. The extras are pretty much worthless. There's maybe 10min of actual substance.

Haven't checked out the transfer yet, but I'm just glad it has an anamorphic transfer this time. Free ticket is nice too.
Old 04-11-06, 04:40 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
why can't you return it? even opened, you should be able to exchange for exact same with ticket.
I'm sure I could but I guess I have a bit of an ethical problem with sticking it to Best Buy and Paramount because I wasn't paying 100% attention. Caveat emptor, right? I screwed up but I've come across so many ridiculous deals in my 8 year DVD buying career, I can afford to take a "once in a blue moon" hit like this...
Old 04-11-06, 04:52 PM

I'm sure I could but I guess I have a bit of an ethical problem with sticking it to Best Buy and Paramount because I wasn't paying 100% attention. Caveat emptor, right? I screwed up but I've come across so many ridiculous deals in my 8 year DVD buying career, I can afford to take a "once in a blue moon" hit like this...
that doesn't make a whole lotta sense. you as anyone are entitled to the free ticket. ads for it are posted everywhere. you paid 17.99 for two movies and could have paid the same for the two movies and a free ticket to what i believe you will see in M:I-3. now you pay 17.99 + tax + 10.00. that doesn't make sense to short change yourself when everyone else makes out and couldn't be any less sticking it to BB or Paramount when it is there offer.
Old 04-11-06, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Zodo
I picked the M:I collectors edition up today. The extras are pretty much worthless. There's maybe 10min of actual substance.
No EFFING kidding!!! Two or three of the extras are video montages of Tom Cruise's past films and it's nothing but an ego-time warp in regards to the variety of scenes he has done.
Old 04-11-06, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Lord, if you consider this to be an ethical problem, you should stay very far away from the DVD Clubs forum(where we will all rot in Hell for our sins against Columbia House).
Old 04-11-06, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Two montages and two acceptance speeches as extras! The 2nd disc for MI-2 is all on MI!

These are horrible releases in terms of extras, I am really not happy about this. By far the worst "Special Edition" ever.
Old 04-12-06, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've waited years for an anamorphic Mission: Impossible dvd and it's finally here. That's all that matters to me.
Old 04-12-06, 08:35 AM
Banned

that doesn't make a whole lotta sense. you as anyone are entitled to the free ticket. ads for it are posted everywhere. you paid 17.99 for two movies and could have paid the same for the two movies and a free ticket to what i believe you will see in M:I-3. now you pay 17.99 + tax + 10.00. that doesn't make sense to short change yourself when everyone else makes out and couldn't be any less sticking it to BB or Paramount when it is there offer.
I may have been entitled to the ticket, but I'm the one who failed to pay attention and get a set with the "Free Ticket" sticker on it. This isn't a case where my set said it came with a ticket and didn't; it was never marked for a free ticket in the first place, so I'm the one who screwed up. Doesn't anyone have a sense of personal accountability in this day and age?
Old 04-12-06, 09:16 AM

Sorry if this has been asked but, is the audio track measurably better than the old release?
Old 04-12-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Good price and a free movie ticket. Picked mine up yesterday.
Old 04-12-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I've waited years for an anamorphic Mission: Impossible dvd and it's finally here. That's all that matters to me.

This was my only concern. Can't wait to watch the movie in all its glory again.
Old 04-12-06, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I was about to bite the bullet and pick up the non-anamorphic disc on the cheap a few months ago, but decided to wait to see if there would be a re-release to tie-in with MI-3.
Old 04-12-06, 11:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dude_dan
Sorry if this has been asked but, is the audio track measurably better than the old release?
A person at the HTF compared both DVDs and the LD; he said the new DVD blows the old DVD's audio away easily and, when equalized for volume, packs exactly the same punch as the LD's legendary track.
Old 04-12-06, 11:44 AM

I may have been entitled to the ticket, but I'm the one who failed to pay attention and get a set with the "Free Ticket" sticker on it. This isn't a case where my set said it came with a ticket and didn't; it was never marked for a free ticket in the first place, so I'm the one who screwed up. Doesn't anyone have a sense of personal accountability in this day and age?
with that type of mentality you are sure to lose out on what is rightfully yours.
Old 04-12-06, 01:28 PM

with that type of mentality you are sure to lose out on what is rightfully yours.
I, for one, applaud his "type of mentality." I wish more people thought (and acted) the same way.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.