DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Question: Passion of Darkly Noon

Old 12-16-05, 10:48 AM

Question: Passion of Darkly Noon

I would like to know if anyone is familiair with a 146 minute version of this film?
I'd like to buy this on DVD and have come across several imports from Spain, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Russia and USA. Most DVD's have a running time between 96 and 101 minutes. But I also saw some (USA or Canadian) DVD's stating a running time of 146 Minutes. Is this true? Or just a misprint on the DVD cover? Does anyone have more knowledge about this??
Old 12-16-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

heh. I didn't know that this was released in Canada. Seems like another Canadian exclusive release by Seville. Does anyone own the Seville dvd and can comment on it?

Ascension, there is not a US release of this film as far as I know. Just the R1 Canadian release by Seville.
Old 12-16-05, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by garmonbozia
heh. I didn't know that this was released in Canada. Seems like another Canadian exclusive release by Seville. Does anyone own the Seville dvd and can comment on it?

Ascension, there is not a US release of this film as far as I know. Just the R1 Canadian release by Seville.
I just found this wich answers a lot of questions:
http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/forum/sho...338#post106338

It's true, soooo many releases of this film on dvd and all in 4:3 format.
The French one is hard to get and has unremovable subs, wich is anoying!
I have just ordered the very pricey Italian DVD. I'm not sure but I think there are 2 Italian releases and one of them does not have English audio.
The one I ordered does semingly have English audio and only Italian subs (hard of hearing ,so I suppose they are removable).
The picture is in the original 2.35:1 widescreen format but not anamorphic. Still better than fullscreen though!
I will confirm the details and quality here as soon as I've received the DVD.

Thanks for your help Garmonbozia! I see you are a Lynch-fan too

Last edited by Ascension; 12-16-05 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-16-05, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i have been looking for that french DVD with the commentary for years, i thought i had one from a seller on amazon but it turned out it was mislabeled a DVD and it was actually the VHS. im dying to hear the commentary.
Old 12-16-05, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by scarredgod
i have been looking for that french DVD with the commentary for years, i thought i had one from a seller on amazon but it turned out it was mislabeled a DVD and it was actually the VHS. im dying to hear the commentary.
This Italian dvd I ordered seems to have an audio commentary from the director.