Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Adventures of Pete & Pete Season 3 - delayed

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-06, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I was really hoping to relive Salute Your Shorts & Hey Dude on DVD. Guess I can forget about it now...
Old 03-19-06, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard that Paramount sold the rights to another company, I don't know which. But I can't find this info anywhere online so I'm not sure about it.

Last edited by supfool!; 03-19-06 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-19-06, 06:09 PM
Banned

Paramount doesn't license to other companies.
Old 03-19-06, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by GuruTwo
Paramount doesn't license to other companies.
Jeez, that's kind of selfish of 'em huh.
Old 03-19-06, 06:28 PM
Banned

No, some of the major studios do, some don't.
Old 03-19-06, 06:57 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
WTF! Give us the last season bastards!
Old 03-19-06, 07:13 PM

No, some of the major studios do, some don't.
FUCK!
Old 03-19-06, 08:55 PM

This is the hard truth about TV on DVD... a lot of old shows won't be continued after the first or second season (when the money (or lack of) is made). If Pete and Pete could not make it to season 3, how could Clarrisa make it 5 seasons.

When Dr. Katz comes to DVD in a few months... savor it. It's a cult show, but I can't imagine enough people buying it for all the seasons to be released. The DVD format has been around for awhile and they just started.
Old 03-19-06, 09:38 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dougiezero1982
This is the hard truth about TV on DVD... a lot of old shows won't be continued after the first or second season (when the money (or lack of) is made). If Pete and Pete could not make it to season 3, how could Clarrisa make it 5 seasons.

When Dr. Katz comes to DVD in a few months... savor it. It's a cult show, but I can't imagine enough people buying it for all the seasons to be released. The DVD format has been around for awhile and they just started.
Understandable. But we are 1 Season short from finishing it off. It would be like giving us 4 seasons of Clarissa, and then nixing the last.
Old 03-20-06, 01:28 AM

Alright, Paramount didn't sell anything, Nick got bought out so they have to get everything back up and running properly before they release the scheduled DVDs. That's all I know, very vague, but it might tide you over for a bit.
Old 03-20-06, 01:49 AM
Banned

Alright, Paramount didn't sell anything, Nick got bought out so they have to get everything back up and running properly before they release the scheduled DVDs. That's all I know, very vague, but it might tide you over for a bit.
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Viacom has gone through some corporate restructuring in the past few months but the present Viacom still owns both Paramount Pictures (including their home video division) and MTV Networks (which includes Nickelodeon) so the rights to "The Adventures of Pete & Pete" have not changed hands.

Paramount owned "Pete & Pete" when they released Seasons 1 & 2 and that hasn't changed since then. I don't know what's keeping Season 3 from being released but it's not an ownership issue.
Old 03-20-06, 02:56 AM

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
Shit's mad nice son!
Old 03-20-06, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Aren't the sales for Pete and Pete doing well...I mean, I can only find it online, at all the B&M stores it's sold out/never even carried. It's not like there are dozens of copies sitting on shelves at Best Buys and Wal-Marts and Circuit Citys. If you release a small amount and all of it pretty much sells, you've done well...right??? They of course knew it wasn't going to sell Chappelle Show-like numbers, so they only released a small amount of copies. It seemed that what little product they had sold out??? I have no idea
Old 03-20-06, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
As an owner of Seasons 1 & 2 (and had planned on buying three when it was released), I'm really upset about the delay/cancellation of the release of Season 3. I do have hope that as a group of collectors, Paramount hears our voices and decides to change their mind.

It would have been easier to swallow a lack of a Season 3 release if they hadn't announced the release in the first place.
Old 03-20-06, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it's a little early to call it a cancellation ... they're obviously interested in releasing it, since the announcement came well after the sales numbers for season 2 were known. The fact is, it's been less than 10 months since season 1 was released ... to have 3 whole seasons released within 10 months would've been great, but just because it'll wind up taking a bit more than a year isn't really all that surprising. Most shows go a full year between season releases, if they're not shows that are on the air anymore.

I bet it'll come out. (But if somebody wants to start a petition, I'd sign it.)
Old 09-13-06, 02:18 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by ThatGuamGuy
I think it's a little early to call it a cancellation ... they're obviously interested in releasing it, since the announcement came well after the sales numbers for season 2 were known. The fact is, it's been less than 10 months since season 1 was released ... to have 3 whole seasons released within 10 months would've been great, but just because it'll wind up taking a bit more than a year isn't really all that surprising. Most shows go a full year between season releases, if they're not shows that are on the air anymore.

I bet it'll come out. (But if somebody wants to start a petition, I'd sign it.)
I pretty much agree with that. I can almost guarantee, for whatever reason it was delayed, it was NOT because of lack of sales or giving up interest in the series, and I think you best prove that by pointing out the fact that there was cover art and a date set and all. I read somewhere online that it had to do with the Viacom switching of personnel or something. I don't really know what the story is there, but something about them changing management (not ownership, though) and location, maybe? And the best bet people have is that whoever was assigned to work on season 3 before are not assigned to it now, and it's just gone on the backburner or something.

But I hope to God someone gets on it and does something about it. From what it sounded like, pretty much all the dirty work had already been done and it only needed some finalization and to be manufactured. At the very least, it'd be nice to get some kind of official word from the mouth of Nick themselves on the status and why exactly it was delayed, and the future for season 3. Has anyone here gotten any kind of response from them in the form of email or snail mail?

And for those of you interested in a petition for the hell of it (worth a shot, I guess), you can support this one...
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/season3pete
Old 09-13-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just signed...they have to release this!!!!
Old 09-13-06, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I signed the petition as well. I can't believe they'd cut this off after releasing 2 of 3. If they had 5 seasons to go, it'd be understandable, but come on...
Old 09-13-06, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tend to believe akira7's explanation. Sales seemed good enough to me to justify releasing the third season. It's not as though they were sinking a lot of money into these releases.
Old 01-10-11, 11:25 PM

Re: Adventures of Pete & Pete Season 3 - delayed

Does anyone know Paramount Home Video's Contact Information? All that's left is the third season, the remaining shorts, and if they're nice, some promo spots. They probably lready recorded commentaries for the release. tvshowsondvd.com said the nicktoon MODs were getting official releases this year. Maybe there is hope.
Old 01-10-11, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by dakabooka
wsdcdsfsfsf dsd
That's great. A spambot hijacked my first post.
Old 01-11-11, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Wait, what? The MOD releases are getting official releases this year??
Old 01-11-11, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh goddammit... I saw this thread on the first page and I thought that they had FINALLY given us a new date for Season 3. I've been waiting years to complete the set (even if 3 was the worst season).

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
However, I will say this. Paramount really fucked up the Nick Rewind Collection. Pete and Pete and Clarissa should have not been the first titles they released.
I agree that they fucked up the Rewind Collection, but not because of the titles they picked. Clarissa wasn't a bad show (and was definitely pretty popular), and quite frankly, Pete & Pete was probably the best show the network aired back then, and it STILL holds up incredibly well (and not just due to nostalgia). With that said, shows like Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude (which I wasn't a fan of, but it WAS popular), Welcome Freshmen, and the original Nicktoons should have been released along side them, too.
Old 01-11-11, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Wait, what? The MOD releases are getting official releases this year??
Recently on tvshowsondvd.com whenever they cover a nicktoons MOD title they have been saying that there is insider talks of official releases this year. Sorry my first post wasn't official info. I get the same feeling when I see the King of the Hill season 7 thread being bumped. I just want an email contact to ask them about it.
Old 01-11-11, 11:51 AM
Suspended

I went from OMG!!! To WTF!!! Bad bump.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.