Adventures of Pete & Pete Season 3 - delayed

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am utterly devastated
Old 01-25-06, 03:07 PM

i just picked up the first two seasons on dvd yesterday, deciding that it was finally time to replace my dvds that were copied from old vhs. then i got rid of those, assuming that season three was on its way - judging from that tvshowsondvd article from november, that's what it looked like. it only took one day to prove me wrong.

i'm an idiot.

come on paramount, what are you doing? this is one of the biggest cult kid's shows in history, and if you marketed the dvds more agressively in the first place, and included more interesting special features, they would have sold better and there wouldn't even be an issue.

Last edited by MikeDeN2K; 01-25-06 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-25-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
I think that this is a perfect case that illustrates the need to buy those "full series" sets that float around and wait until the last season is officially released before ditching those unofficial sets.

I plan on doing that with TIME TUNNEL. I too got skunked out on Pete-n-Pete and I'm not going to let that happen again.
Old 01-25-06, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That site doesn't state that it is cancelled, I'm hoping it's just delayed.
Old 01-25-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hopefully it is more of a delay than a cancellation. One more season....
Old 01-25-06, 05:45 PM

I think that this is a perfect case that illustrates the need to buy those "full series" sets that float around and wait until the last season is officially released before ditching those unofficial sets.
Break the law, yay for you...

Save your money for something officially released from the studio.
Old 01-25-06, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by John*D
Break the law, yay for you...

Save your money for something officially released from the studio.
The place where I buy them is a stickler for the law. They're very careful and they are regularly visited by law enforcment. If they're selling something, then I'll accept that it is legal for them to be selling it.
Old 01-25-06, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by sracer
If they're selling something, then I'll accept that it is legal for them to be selling it.

Ok then...
Old 01-25-06, 08:54 PM
xia

Aww man, hope its just being postponed and not cancelled.

And I thought Pete and Pete did well, selling wise.
Old 01-25-06, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by sracer
The place where I buy them is a stickler for the law. They're very careful and they are regularly visited by law enforcment. If they're selling something, then I'll accept that it is legal for them to be selling it.
You don't really believe what you're saying, do you?
Old 01-25-06, 09:37 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Considering Clarissa never saw a Season 2, I assumed Pete and Pete sold well enough to warrant a second season.
Old 01-25-06, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

keep the illegal talk out of here please.
Old 01-25-06, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Considering Clarissa never saw a Season 2, I assumed Pete and Pete sold well enough to warrant a second season.
It's possible that there was a large drop in sales from Season 1 to Season 2. I think this sort of thing happens quite a bit, where casual fans satisfy their nostalgia fix with one season, and there aren't enough core fans to justify further releases.

Personally, I bought the first set for nostalgia reasons and didn't really expect it to hold up, but it really did--and major cred points for the use of indie rock bands. I never got around to buying the second set as it came out when there were too many other releases competing for limited bucks. I'll pick it up at some point but it may be too late to send any sort of message...
Old 01-26-06, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why did they cancel it? Why not just put out season three simply on the basis that it was the final and last season of the show. They should just release it for the few of us (like myself) who've already made the commitment with seasons one and two.

However, I will say this. Paramount really fucked up the Nick Rewind Collection. Pete and Pete and Clarissa should have not been the first titles they released.
Old 01-26-06, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
However, I will say this. Paramount really fucked up the Nick Rewind Collection. Pete and Pete and Clarissa should have not been the first titles they released.
Why not? Selfishly, I'm glad that at least this much of Pete and Pete is available, and I hold out hope for S3. For me, Pete and Pete and Clarissa (and maybe some others, like the first season of Are You Afraid of the Dark, Kenan and Kel, and possibly Salute Your Shorts) are the major shows I would buy from the "old" Nickelodeon lineup.
Old 01-26-06, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Skoobooz
Why not? Selfishly, I'm glad that at least this much of Pete and Pete is available, and I hold out hope for S3. For me, Pete and Pete and Clarissa (and maybe some others, like the first season of Are You Afraid of the Dark, Kenan and Kel, and possibly Salute Your Shorts) are the major shows I would buy from the "old" Nickelodeon lineup.
If you've stepped foot into a Hot Topic in the past few months, the first title out the door should've been Salute Your Shorts.

And Paramount should've actually advertised the releases. That could've helped too.
Old 01-26-06, 12:03 PM

I really hope this news along with the fact that Clarissa Season 2 never came out doesn't spell the end for the Rewind series. The only show I really, really want is Are You Afraid of the Dark. That was by far my favorite show growing up.
Old 01-26-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
If you've stepped foot into a Hot Topic in the past few months, the first title out the door should've been Salute Your Shorts.

And Paramount should've actually advertised the releases. That could've helped too.
And if we haven't stepped foot in a Hot Topic...well, ever, to what are you referring? What does one have to do with the other?

Though I do agree about the advertising.
Old 01-26-06, 02:14 PM

And if we haven't stepped foot in a Hot Topic...well, ever, to what are you referring? What does one have to do with the other?

Though I do agree about the advertising.
Clothing blazened with "salute your shorts" images/logos. Haven't seen so myself, but that is usually what the first two aisles are dedicated to, tv-shirts and stuff.
Old 01-26-06, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wouldn't consider "KENAN AND KEL" part of the "old" line up. Neither would I consider "ALL THAT".

Hey Dude!, Roundhouse, Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Clarissa Explains it All, Adventures of Pete and Pete should all be released. The interest is indeed there. Unfortunately there has been literally ZERO consumer awareness that Pete and Pete and Clarissa had been released. Nobody I know had heard about them. They were surprised that season 2 of Pete had already been released.

My cynical side says that Nick really didn't want to release any of these old shows and simply put out what they did with the expectation that they would sell poorly and then use THAT as the rationale for not releasing any other classic shows on DVD.

I remember when Pete season 1 was about to be released and reports of the video glitch on one of the episodes put a damper on the enthusiasm of the few of us here who wanted it. There was a guy who was involved with Paramount/Nickelodeon who posted here and basically threatened us... "if you want any chance of seeing other classic Nick shows released, you'd better buy these" (paraphrasing slightly)
Old 01-26-06, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by John*D
Clothing blazened with "salute your shorts" images/logos. Haven't seen so myself, but that is usually what the first two aisles are dedicated to, tv-shirts and stuff.
Exactly. Tons of merchandise involving just Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, and Double Dare at the moment. Now, nobody would buy boxsets of Double Dare, but probably some of the former.

And the advertising of these sets has sucked. Pete and Pete and Clarissa could've sold like hotcakes if people actually knew about the releases. If they release Salute Your Shorts and let people know, Paramount is going to be looking at a goldmine.
Old 02-14-06, 11:24 AM

Okay, I saw "little" Pete in a Wendy's commercial last night. Can we get season 3 now? Surely this will increase demand.

Seriously, any updates?
Old 02-14-06, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

nothing as of yet....only thing that will help is better sales...so if you need to buy someone a present...get them pete & pete
Old 02-15-06, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe these are postponed because they want to include extras? Like the remaining 60 second shorts (there are about 15 left to release) and a retrospective documentary?

( Hey a guy can dream)
Old 03-19-06, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like the remaining 60 second shorts (there are about 15 left to release)
Are there? I was only aware of ten shorts remaining, two of which are 5-minute ones that were made for the video releases ("Artie's Workout" and "Stare Master").

The eight I know of are: The Big Race, Revenge of the Petes, X-Mas Eve, Freeze Tag, Pete's Theory, Pete-Less, What Would You Do For a Dollar? and
The Dot, which I'm still surprised wasn't on Season One (or, at least, that's what it seems; I don't actually have it yet).

Am I missing any?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.