Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Fantastic Four bonus disk from Walmart & Target?...

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-05-05, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know both stores are giving away bonus disks. Does anyone know whats on each of them?

Thanks!
Old 12-05-05, 09:08 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Supposedly the Wal-Mart disc is a 50- or 55-minute making-of documentary; I know nothing about the damnable Target one.
Old 12-05-05, 10:53 AM

best buy and circuit will also have extra stuff.. all four stores will have something.. best buy is a 3 disc set that include CD rom of the comic book from the F4.

JACOB
Old 12-05-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually, Best Buy is a 2-Disc set now. Just the movie disc and the CD-Rom (plus the other stuff):

A CD-ROM featuring the first 23 issues of Fantastic Four, plus the annual issue of Ultimate Fantastic Four
* Reprint of Ultimate Fantastic Four, issue 12
* Set of 8 round collectible cards
* Packaged in a round metal tin and includes a display stand
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat75100050009

Don't know what up with CC. Target's Bonus Disc is a Making Of featurette or something (I read that online and can't find the link now. Still looking for it). And Wal-Mart offers "50 minutes" of bonus content.
Old 12-05-05, 12:57 PM

So the Best Buy circular showing 3 discs is a massive misprint? (By showing, I mean it actually shows disc art for three seperate discs)
Old 12-05-05, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ignition
So the Best Buy circular showing 3 discs is a massive misprint? (By showing, I mean it actually shows disc art for three seperate discs)
Those aren't discs. Those are pix of the round trading cards.

Last edited by The Valeyard; 12-05-05 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-05-05, 07:06 PM

Damn... now I'm really torn. Although I kinda want to get the tin, I'm not sure it's worth the price tag....
Old 12-05-05, 08:54 PM

I'm going with the WalMart BONUS OFFER. I may go into Target just to see what the behind the scenes stuff is exactly. All of this is probably going to be on the 2 disc set next year anyway.
Old 12-05-05, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by John*D
I'm going with the WalMart BONUS OFFER. I may go into Target just to see what the behind the scenes stuff is exactly. All of this is probably going to be on the 2 disc set next year anyway.
I like how Wal-Mart calls their discs "bonus discs" when they charge you for them. I think I'll just go the Blockbuster route and rent it once and be done with it. Not one I would proudly display in my super heroes collection.
Old 12-05-05, 11:11 PM

Not much of collection without Marvel's first family.
Old 12-06-05, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I like how Wal-Mart calls their discs "bonus discs" when they charge you for them. I think I'll just go the Blockbuster route and rent it once and be done with it. Not one I would proudly display in my super heroes collection.
Everyone says walmart charges for the bonus discs but everytime i go it always cost the same as the single disc. (normally $14.77) I wonder if it varies per area?
Old 12-06-05, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by marcellusk
Everyone says walmart charges for the bonus discs but everytime i go it always cost the same as the single disc. (normally $14.77) I wonder if it varies per area?
Everything at Walmart seems to vary by area. I think you are just in a lucky area. I know it surely costs a couple dollars more for the bonus disc here.
Old 12-06-05, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah my Wal-Mart usually charges like $15.47 for the regular one and then $19.96 for the one with a "bonus" disc or item. Needless to say I always go for the regular one.

I haven't stopped at Wal-Mart today to see what is going on with FF. I was going to get it but now I think I'll just pass on it.
Old 12-06-05, 08:46 AM

Anyone know if a SE is coming out? (not the best buy tin but another one in the future?)
Old 12-06-05, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by marcellusk
Anyone know if a SE is coming out? (not the best buy tin but another one in the future?)
There are already two-disc SE's of this in other parts of the world, so signs point to YES for a double-dip here.
Old 12-06-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just checked out both Target & Walmart. Walmarts is $19.99. But, has a seperate dvd case for the bonus dvd which is 55 minutes. Target's bonus disc is 15 minutes and is inside the original dvd case.
Old 12-06-05, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by TOLEN
Just checked out both Target & Walmart. Walmarts is $19.99. But, has a seperate dvd case for the bonus dvd which is 55 minutes. Target's bonus disc is 15 minutes and is inside the original dvd case.
looks like Walmart for me. Hope i didn't jinx myself and they're now charging more for the bonus disc.
Old 12-06-05, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From HTF:

I picked up the Wal-Mart bonus DVD. It's one 50 minute making-of. Nothing else (not that that's bad - it looks decent enough from what little I saw). It does have some chapter stops, but this isn't 50 minutes broken spread across featurettes. The chapter stops primarily seem to take you to sections devoted to a specific character.
Old 12-06-05, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought "Fantastic 4" from Circuit City and received the free "Fantastic 4: The Photo Novel". This appears to be the movie presented as a comic book. I didn't look through it because I haven't seen the movie yet.
Old 12-06-05, 11:37 AM
Banned

Question: is the 50 min documentary included in the 2 disc set from other regions? That might be important for those who are going to hold off for that eventual set.
Old 12-06-05, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just got mine for Wal-Mart this morning. Pretty weird. They had signs above the full screen versions saying that they were $13.94. The widescreens were $19.99. I got the widescreen, but it rang up $13.94. I'm wondering if they were just putting the sale sign on the full screen in order to get rid of them.
Old 12-06-05, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Does anyone know the exact specs of what is included in the Best Buy Exclusive "Fantastic Four (Ultimate Collector's Set)" ??

*EDIT* - Just saw the post and link above.

Now when I was at Walmart, the regular edition is only 1 Disc. Is the best Buy one a 2 disc release then? Or is it the same 1 disc edition with the extra goodies listed?

Last edited by Damed; 12-06-05 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-06-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh, and it would seem Canadian WalMarts got the shaft on the documentary disc again. No extra discs to be had here.
Old 12-06-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anybody else get this at Target? I just got back from there and my copy has NO bonus disc inside! They had about 50 copies of the film and not a single one had a sticker saying the bonus disc was included, but the price tag on the shelf said that it was. So is Target doing a circuit city thing and handing out the bonus disc at the register? If so, I'm going to return it later today to get the disc.
Old 12-06-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My Wal-Mart had the DVD with the Bonus Disc for $13.99 so I grabbed that sucker ASAP.

The Target Bonus Disc has 15 minutes worth of stuff:

A "From Comic to Film" featurette
A "Baxter Building Declassified" featurette
and trailers for Daredevil, Electra, LxG, X2, etc.

My friend snagged a copy of the Target Disc for me and I'll have correct titles for the featurettes after lunch.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.