DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Buffy Seasons 1-7 Megapack DVD question

Old 12-02-05, 02:34 PM

Buffy Seasons 1-7 Megapack DVD question

Video Universe and a couple other sellers are offering the Buffy megapack but there are no details about the product. I am curious how it would be different from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Complete Series Collection. Does anyone know?
Old 12-02-05, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it's all 7 of the individual season boxsets packaged together. So not the same packaging as the Complete Series collection, and no bonus disc.
Old 12-02-05, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It is the original Seven Releases Shrink-wraped together... YO uhave to be careful now, beause alot of retailers are trying to dump there buffy seasons, which is weird to me, because there are alot of people that would still want to buy it season by season or only specific years...
Old 12-05-05, 09:48 PM

Is there anything in the seven individual sets that is not in the megapack? I have all the seven season sets and am debating whether I should sell them off or not as I just got the megapack.
Old 12-05-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The megapack has all 39 discs from the individual boxsets, but the megapack also has a special DVD with some interview goodies, etc. That's the only difference in terms of DVD content.
Old 12-05-05, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So wait, this megapack that was released like 3 weeks ago has all the bonus features of the 7 individual season sets??
Old 12-05-05, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
So wait, this megapack that was released like 3 weeks ago has all the bonus features of the 7 individual season sets??
This really isn't that complicated.

For the MegaPack, the previous 7 box sets were bundled together. They are exactly the same as the original 7 box sets, just slammed together in one larger package.

The "Chosen Collection" box set has all-new packaging. The first 39 discs are identical to those from the previous box sets (except for the fact that they're in a different box now). The 40th disc is brand new.

In both cases, no changes have been made at all to the first 39 discs. All of the special features that were there in the previous box sets are there now. The "Chosen Collection" has a new disc with even more special features.