Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Original Pupper Master Box Set Available!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Original Pupper Master Box Set Available!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-05, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chemosh6969
Paramount doesn't have the rights anymore. That is why they are now selling all the ones that they couldn't sell before.
which ones are these? They still haven't released the Subspecies or Trancers movies.
Old 12-03-05, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So are these anamorphic? Decent transfers at all? There's no info about the set at all on the website.
Old 12-03-05, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Living Dead
So are these anamorphic? Decent transfers at all? There's no info about the set at all on the website.
I'm pretty sure that they are all full frame.
Old 12-03-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They are all fullframe, and either taken from laserdiscs or vhs transfers I think.
Old 12-03-05, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by turborobb
which ones are these? They still haven't released the Subspecies or Trancers movies.
I think it was sometime this year they got the rights back.

They do have at least the first and last Trancers movie on DVD as well as some of the Subspecies.

For the ones they didn't have rights to, if you go to their page and look at the right side, you can find an import page where they got around the rights issue by making the DVDs region 0 so people in the US could get them. The page used to work but now doesn't seem to.

The DVDs are all full screen and there is absolutely nothing special about them and that is why I'm hoping they will put out another box set with the movies that came out after the set did with a lot better features.

The people thinking they will make any money on ebay don't seem to realize that everyone and their mother is going to be flooding the market with these so you probably won't be making double your money anytime soon.
Old 12-03-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I remember reading that it was ported directly from the VHS, so what's the point?
Old 12-03-05, 12:46 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

They do have at least the first and last Trancers movie on DVD as well as some of the Subspecies.

For the ones they didn't have rights to, if you go to their page and look at the right side, you can find an import page where they got around the rights issue by making the DVDs region 0 so people in the US could get them. The page used to work but now doesn't seem to.

The DVDs are all full screen and there is absolutely nothing special about them and that is why I'm hoping they will put out another box set with the movies that came out after the set did with a lot better features.

The people thinking they will make any money on ebay don't seem to realize that everyone and their mother is going to be flooding the market with these so you probably won't be making double your money anytime soon.
Well, they state they found only 70-80, so IF its true, I would only assume 50 or so would go on ebay, while the rest would goto the fans. Eeven if, Ive seen brand new ones go for $400 or so, so a drop wouldn't be all that bad.

Anyone that ordered have theirs ship? What about an e-mail confirmation?
Old 12-03-05, 01:48 PM

I sent an e-mail to their customer service address and they said that they expect them to go out in about 2 weeks.

By the way....Thanks to the OP!!
Old 12-03-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

While I would love to own these movies, I just cant justify the $100 right now (eventhough its normally 4 times that price).
Old 12-03-05, 02:07 PM

I want these bad, but with the poorness of their quality, I'll just hold off for the very unlikely re-release in widescreen (where applicable) and with any sort of extras or anything.
Old 12-03-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

These movies will probably never be released in widescreen, because for the most part they were all direct to video as far as I know (except maybe the first one?) and shot full frame. Also, they do have extras- the original behind the scenes 'videozones that were on the original vhs releases. I'd love some sort of retrospective done by Band that would cover all of them.

When the box set was released a review site did a very indepth review, many pages long, on each movie, the PQ and the extras- the whole nine yards, one of the most in-depth reviews I ever read. I think it may have been dvdreview? I'll try to find it.

Last edited by xfilekr; 12-03-05 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-03-05, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Well, they state they found only 70-80, so IF its true, I would only assume 50 or so would go on ebay, while the rest would goto the fans. Eeven if, Ive seen brand new ones go for $400 or so, so a drop wouldn't be all that bad.

Anyone that ordered have theirs ship? What about an e-mail confirmation?
Actually it says

found at least 70
That means that it could be as much as all the ones that were recalled or it might actually be a low number.
Old 12-03-05, 02:59 PM

Hmm... I thought maybe the first 2 or so were released theatrically (of course, I'm just talking out of my ass). Well, in any case, $100 is too much with what's being released in the next few weeks anyhow.
Old 12-03-05, 03:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree, $100 for 7 schlocky horror movies seems a little stiff. I've seen most of these movies and like them a lot, but let's admit it...these are the typesof movies you'd generally find in the dump bin at Wal-Mart. I've looked at them on ebay in the past, but even this lower price seems like too much. If only the set was around $50 r so, I'd have pissed myself and bought one immediately.

I was surprised at how many Full Moon movies I've seen after visiting their site. I watched a ton of their movies in the early 90's but didn't realize it was one specific company. The Subspecies series was great!
Old 12-03-05, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JOE29
I've been waiting forever for the Subspecies series, that's my favorite Full Moon movie set. I do have Subspecies 4 though, but the others I can't get.
You can get the first 2 I believe in Mexico. They are region 1 and 4 so.... but the downside is that shipping is a bitch to the US from Mexico. The discs only run about 4 bucks!
Old 12-03-05, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

These movies will probably never be released in widescreen, because for the most part they were all direct to video as far as I know (except maybe the first one?)
Yes, the first one was actually released in theaters.
Old 12-03-05, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Seantn
Yes, the first one was actually released in theaters.
If true, then a widescreen version should exist...somewhere.
Old 12-03-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They have released Trancers 1 and 6 and Subspecies 4 on DVD because those were not released under Paramount.

I know some came out in Mexico, but I don't think Full Moon have the rights to release them on DVD in the States.... as I'm sure they would have if they did have the rights. A Trancers or Subspecies box set would be a big seller.
Old 12-08-05, 12:15 AM
Suspended

Anyone have theres ship?
Old 12-08-05, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They are now "SOLD OUT!"
Old 12-08-05, 12:35 AM
Suspended

Yes...they certainly are.
Old 12-08-05, 12:50 AM

"HOT NEWS FLASH!"
Old 12-08-05, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If true, then a widescreen version should exist...somewhere.
Tonight I was at Blockbuster, and they had Part 1 on the shelf, and it was widescreen.
Old 12-08-05, 06:24 AM

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
Tonight I was at Blockbuster, and they had Part 1 on the shelf, and it was widescreen.
Was that the DVD? I think the box says Widescreen but the disc isn't, I could be wrong though.
Old 12-08-05, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, it was the DVD. On the back where it states the special features for Part 1, it definitely says "Widescreen Version".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.