The Batman (Animated) - Complete 1st Season - 2/7/06

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-17-05, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4514

Some people say this show is terrible, but I may give it a chance now that I can buy the entire season.

Why did Warner waste people's time and money previously releasing two discs containing three episodes each?
Old 11-17-05, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by fryinpan1
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4514

Some people say this show is terrible, but I may give it a chance now that I can buy the entire season.

Why did Warner waste people's time and money previously releasing two discs containing three episodes each?
I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about this series. To me, it's the best Batman put on film or screen. I held off buying any more discs after the first one because I realized it would be too expensive and I'd rather have the season sets anyway.
Old 11-17-05, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about this series. To me, it's the best Batman put on film or screen. I held off buying any more discs after the first one because I realized it would be too expensive and I'd rather have the season sets anyway.
Are you sure you mean The Batman and not Batman: The Animated Series from the 90s? Batman:TAS is widely considered the best Batman out there, while most people don't like The Batman that much. I, however, think it's pretty good and will be picking up the 1st season.
Old 11-17-05, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, I personally could never get into The Batman. I understand why they tried it as they needed to try a new approach, but personally I found the show hard to watch. Loved Batman the Animated series and have the first three volumes and I loved Batman Beyond. Just couldn't get into The Batman though.
Old 11-17-05, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad to see WB is finally getting around to releasing season sets for The Batman and Teen Titans.
Old 11-17-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm guessing the logic is...

Single discs = something cheap for parents to buy their kids

Season Sets = something for adult nerds like us

Old 11-17-05, 10:20 AM

Did you notice the blue banner on those releases?

DC COMICS KIDS COLLECTION

They were intended for parents/grandparents/relatives to buy for kids.

I've held off on buying these after I got conned into buying a few of the B:TAS individual discs (which of course I sold upon news of the 1st volume set).

You knew that volume/season sets would be coming, you just had to have some patience. I'll definitely be picking this set up. I might also consider the Teen Titans season release, but it's a show I really haven't watched.

-----

As for THE BATMAN the cartoon show, I actually like it. It's new and different. Trying to compare it to the TIMM stuff is pointless. This season has been pretty good with the introduction of Barbara Gordon (Batgirl) and Bruce just built a new Batmobile!

I definitely recommend this cartoon, but expect it to be aimed more towards kids rather than what B:TAS was like. A lot of the rogue character designs/origins/identities are different so just leave B:TAS at the door when you turn on THE BATMAN!

Finally, I'm starting to like the new theme song for this season, kinda like the Adam West Batman theme and Austin Powers all rolled into one.