DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   50 Movies. 25 Days. It's the December Holiday Movie Challenge (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/444897-50-movies-25-days-its-december-holiday-movie-challenge.html)

LBCrazyFool 12-19-05 08:18 PM

Bump to the front. I was hoping to get through 25 movies. Not sure if that is going to happen, been too busy.

steelpotato 12-23-05 05:05 AM

Sorry haven't updated, been watching a few but working a lot lately. Probably won't be able to update till the 27th.

The Monkees 12-23-05 01:32 PM

Only Two Days Left Everyone!!

FantasticVSDoom 12-25-05 08:47 AM

Thought I would bump for the last day...Have a few left today, but wont make it to 50. Had a good marathon the last few days.

TomOpus 12-25-05 10:02 AM

I didn't have very many movies that fit the bill but I did watch Black Christmas last night :D

The Monkees 09-03-06 08:19 PM

Okay, now I know it's EXTREMELY early to be talking about this, but I want to get the feel for if anyone is interested in doing this again this year.

I will be changing the rules from last year, TV show episodes are now included, but for the most part the rules will be the same. I am considering allowing people to begin on Thanksgiving this year, as opposed to December 1st.

Please let me know if you guys are interested in doing this again, I know, even I fell out of spirit of doing this last year, but I think it will be better this time around, because of the TV show episode thing. I will post a new thread for this in November.

advdfreak 09-03-06 09:01 PM

Count me in! I will try to watch 50. This gives me time to try and buy a few more titles before time to start!

TomOpus 09-04-06 02:16 AM

So 1 TV episode = 1 movie?

ZackR 09-04-06 06:41 AM

Starting on Thanksgiving would be great. That is when I traditionally start watching Christmas movies - beginning with It's A Wonderful Life. This is especially true since Thanksgiving films are permitted. . . Perhaps even start the Monday of Thanksgiving week or something like that. Seems kinda odd (in my opinion) to include Thanksgiving films, yet not be able to start until Thanksgiving day. However, if Thanksgiving films are not included, then I say, yes, start on Thanksgiving day. :)

The Monkees 09-04-06 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
So 1 TV episode = 1 movie?

Yeah, which means I will probably raise it from 50 to something else (75 or even 100)

Cameron 09-04-06 01:17 PM

i like the idea of starting on thanksgiving...not sure if I'll jump in on this though....so much goes on during the holidays, its hard to stay in front of the tv

The Monkees 09-07-06 01:03 AM

I'm thinking that this will run from November 20th to December 25th, which means it will probably be raised to 100 then, because that's over a month to watch 100 movies, TV specials or TV show episodes, and there are a crap load of Christmas TV episodes!

More to come...

FantasticVSDoom 09-07-06 07:20 AM

Im definitely in again...Looks like it will be to expensive to fly home for the holidays so looks like Ill have plenty of time in front of the TV.

audiomixer 09-07-06 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Masamune
I work. :-P

...and even if I didn't. -ohbfrank-