Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

transformers generation one

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-11-05, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are the seasons out of print? can't find anywhere except ebay/half.
Old 11-11-05, 01:33 PM

If I remember correctly I believe that Rhino lost the Transformers and G.I. Joe licenses, so yes all Transformers G1 (and I think beast Wars too) are OOP.
Old 11-12-05, 01:29 AM
Banned

Beast Wars are still in print, as are the G1 Transformers Heroes/Villains singular DVD's, and the individual volumes, granted you can actually find those. But, as far as the boxed seasons, they're long gone. I did however see S3/V1 at Borders for $50.

I plopped down $200 for the entire G1 run, all 5 boxed sets. Well worth it, all of them even included the cels.
Old 11-12-05, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

IIRC, Sony has the rights to G1 Transformers now (including the movie). We'll most likely see re-releases when the live action film finally comes out.
Old 11-12-05, 06:55 AM

You can get all four of the gen-1 seasons in r2.

That's the decent stuff, before they re-editted it and put the appalling new music in, and the even more appalling whirly-computer-graphicy bits between every scene that drive you utterly crazy after ten minutes or so!
Old 11-12-05, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nebiroth
You can get all four of the gen-1 seasons in r2.

That's the decent stuff, before they re-editted it and put the appalling new music in, and the even more appalling whirly-computer-graphicy bits between every scene that drive you utterly crazy after ten minutes or so!
What exactly are you talking about. I have all 4 seasons that Rhino put out in R1 and don't remember any computer graphic bits. I haven't watched them in a while, but I am certain that I would remember the addition of computer graphics.
Old 11-12-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finished my G1 Transformers collection with the last DDD sale. Just in time, apparently.
Old 11-12-05, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Neibroth is referring to Armada and those other new cartoons of Tformers.
Old 11-12-05, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by ignition
I think Neibroth is referring to Armada and those other new cartoons of Tformers.
That would make sense. I have watched one episode of armada and energon and will be attending therapy to repress the memory of them.
Old 11-12-05, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I remember seeing the transformers cartoon with that horrible 3d cube thingy. It was painful to watch

Wish i would have picked up the rest of this set but it was just too expensive for my tastes. maybe ill hunt around some local dvd stores to see if there are still some copies out there.
Old 11-12-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The 3d cube is the Generation 2 show. Same Gen 1 show but the computer scene changes added.
Old 11-12-05, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see these sets from time to time used at GameStop stores for around $30.
Old 11-13-05, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by ignition
No. Gen-2 is the original series but with the horrid computer generated "silver" cubic whirly thing that manifests between every single darn scene change!

Which will drive you crazy after about three minutes and manages to ruin the whole thing, as well as obscuring loads of the picture.

Watch it and start yelling horrible obscenities at the people who committed this atrocity...
Old 11-13-05, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the "special features' is what drove me crazy, its nothing except stupid drawings that look like clay mation....pretty stupid if you ask me.