Reload this Page >

Blood Sport: ECW's Most Violent Matches

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-11-05, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=14315&p=1

The next ECW DVD that World Wrestling Entertainment will release will be titled "Blood Sport: ECW's Most Violent Matches." The DVD will feature the famous Terry Funk vs. Sabu barbed wire match as well as introductions to each bout by ECW booker Paul Heyman. There's no word on a release date yet for the title, or any other matches scheduled for the DVD.
Heyman has said publically the matches on "The Rise and Fall of ECW" didn't really represent the company - so hopefully this is better.

According to DDD there's a ECW title being released on 12/25/05 - so I assume this is it:
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=WWE093886
Old 11-11-05, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I'm skeptical about the 12/25 release date seeing as that's Christmas Day and it falls on a Sunday this year.
I would buy this in a heartbeat whenever it does actually come out.
Old 11-11-05, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well that barbed wire match is already out on one of the other ECW DVDs. They better have some stuff on this that hasn't been released yet!
Old 11-11-05, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Well that barbed wire match is already out on one of the other ECW DVDs. They better have some stuff on this that hasn't been released yet!
WWE has only issued 2 official ECW releases - "Rise and Fall of ECW" and "One Night Stand".

Pioneer's ECW releases were all made prior to 2002 and are currently OOP.
Old 11-12-05, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, they need to grab the cam footage of the "mass transit" incident and put that on there. Can't hurt since the kid is dead now and New Jack was found not guilty....
Old 11-12-05, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by dablueguy
Yeah, they need to grab the cam footage of the "mass transit" incident and put that on there. Can't hurt since the kid is dead now and New Jack was found not guilty....
I didnt' know the kid died, when/how did that happen? It could actually be harder to put the mass transit footage on there if the person involved is dead, they might have to get permission from his estate, and I am sure the family would want a ton of money for it.

Other than that, I am looking forward to this (except for the fact that the entrance music will all be missing ).
Old 11-12-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think it was a drug overdose or something.

Yeah, I'd like to see the Mass Transit incident too! Wondering if it's really as bad as everyone says...
Old 11-12-05, 10:58 AM

That Christmas Day one is false... I've heard this set is due to hit stores in February.
Old 11-12-05, 08:31 PM

This DVD sounds very interesting and I imagine it will include a few New Jack matches, but I can't imagine watching a New Jack match without the song "Natural Born Killers" playing throughout the entire match. I seriously doubt WWE will pay royalties on that track.
Old 11-12-05, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I'd like to see the Mass Transit incident too! Wondering if it's really as bad as everyone says...
I just heard New Jack talking about it on the Forever Hardcore dvd...sounds pretty brutal judging from his description.
Old 11-12-05, 09:27 PM

What was the Mass Transit incident? I didn't start watching ECW until two weeks before they quit airing it around here, so I'm not entirely up on my ECW lore.
Old 11-12-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SLeopold
What was the Mass Transit incident? I didn't start watching ECW until two weeks before they quit airing it around here, so I'm not entirely up on my ECW lore.
Great article about it here....
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com...vebrinn01.html
Old 11-12-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i remember watching it a few years back. Kid just totally got his ass kicked. Apparently, the kid was 14 or something, but if you look at him you wouldn't believe it. I wanna know who signs up to wrestle, with no wrestling experience, against a man with 4 justifiable homicides to his record.
Old 11-12-05, 11:55 PM

I used to have the Mass Transit Incident on my computer. Trust me unless you are a gore hound (I'm not) you don't want to see it. The gash in the kid's head was literally pissing blood
Old 11-13-05, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, it is a sick video to watch. The blood was literally squirting out into the crowd.

It was amazing really.
Old 11-13-05, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Yes, it is a sick video to watch. The blood was literally squirting out into the crowd.

It was amazing really.

All the more fitting if the title to the DVD is accurate. As far as whether they can use it, I don't see why not as it's been on TV (in a news magazine story) and he did sign the appropriate waivers to wrestle (and his dad was there with him when he did it). If nothing else they could use it in a retrospective with clips rather than just another match on the DVD.

BTW: I believe he was 17 at the time.

Last edited by dablueguy; 11-13-05 at 02:45 AM.
Old 11-13-05, 04:41 AM
Banned

How did the kid die?
Old 11-13-05, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't know that he had died. I just did a quick google search, and all of the sites that mention his death say cause of death was unknown.
Old 11-13-05, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by dablueguy
Even if WWE owned the footage, which they don't (RF Video owns the rights to it), I don't think they'd release it. It's pretty disgusting and almost caused ECW to never make it on PPV when someone leaked it to the PPV companies. How New Jack isn't in prison for the rest of his life for this and what he has done since then I don't know. On 100 Reasons Not to be a Pro Wrestler they include the match with NJ vs. Gypsy Joe...a guy who's at least in his mid-60s...and NJ almost kills him. Then there was the incident a little over a year ago in Florida where NJ took a knife and almost killed his opponent by carving him up during a match.

God Bless Eddie Guerrero who passed away this morning.
Old 11-14-05, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CaseyB
How New Jack isn't in prison for the rest of his life for this and what he has done since then I don't know.
Mr. Pogo makes New Jack look like a Girl Scout.
Old 11-14-05, 11:10 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CaseyB
God Bless Eddie Guerrero who passed away this morning.
MOTHER &^&%^&%$^*& I had no idea about this!

That really sucks. I just got done googling all the stuff. Died while brushing his teeth ... very sad.

RIP

Greg
Old 11-14-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw the Forever Hardcore documentary, and man, New Jack is just about the scariest person I've ever seen or heard! I hope I never meet him. Anywhere.
Old 11-14-05, 12:56 PM

I've seen the Mass Transit and I must say it's not as sick as Sexxy Eddy at CZW's Tournament of Death when he cut him arm pretty deep. It wasn't so much the amount of blood, it was when he squeezed his arm and the blood went in a stream about six inches...into his mouth. My description is bad but trust me it's sick, and kinda funny.

I have to say, New Jack is actually a cool guy. I've talked to him at a few indy shows, and aside from seeming, well...insane, he's awesome.
Old 11-14-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

file sharing is your friend.
Old 11-14-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting that the story is different now (on Forever Hardcore) than it was in various other articles about it.

According to New Jack, "he (Mass Transit) wanted to get color, but he didn't know how to do it, he asked me would I do it. So I said yeah, gladly. So when the time came, I cut the shit out of him. He didn't say 'this long' or 'this long' (gesturing with his fingers about an inch, then about 5 inches), he just said he wanted to bleed, so I just cut him."

He goes on: "You could see his skull...I cut that boy deep, I cut the shit out of him. I had a surgical scalpel...I just cut him real hard. And he bled, a LOT."

When asked do you regret it, New Jack says: "Hell no, welcome to the business."

His final statement in that interview? "Free like O.J., did it and got away with it."

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.