Reload this Page >

Devil's Rejects deleted scene question- SPOILERS

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-10-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was going on in the deleted scene with Dr. Satan? They just asked if he had talked at all. They never said how they got him or why or any explanation. Since he was underground with all those zombies & messed-up monsters how could they possibly have found him? It seems like there would have had to been another scene to tie it in? It just didn't seem to make any sense. Does anyone know what he was going for with that scene?
Old 11-10-05, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the commentary, Rob Zombie talks about a scene where the wheel him out of the farmhouse on a gurny(sp?) and put him in the ambulance. That's the only scene i know that leads up to the hospital debacle.
Old 11-10-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just found this on IMDB-
"The film originally had a subplot involving scenes with Dr. Satan. In an interview, Rob Zombie said that he cut these scenes because seeing Dr. Satan in this film would be like seeing Chewbacca in "Bonnie and Clyde". Zombie then went on to explain that all the Dr. Satan scenes would be restored in the "deleted scenes" section of the the DVD"
So there must have been more than just this scene. But how in the hell would he be in the farmhouse? He was connected to some kind of machine to help him move in the first movie & seemed pretty frail- he called the goggle guy when he saw the girl. But in the hospital he rips the nurses' throat out barehanded. And wasn't he a demon that had to be summoned- tape recorder with Latin chant in first?
Old 11-10-05, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by El Kabong
And wasn't he a demon that had to be summoned- tape recorder with Latin chant in first?
I thought that was to get all the mental patients to come and grab the youngsters.