Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Justice League ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-05, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justice League ?

Does anyone know if Justice League and Justice League Unlimited will be released in season sets so that you don't have to hunt down each release?
Old 11-09-05, 09:35 AM

Wait for the previous TIMM stuff to be completed on DVD...

Then they'll have no reason NOT to release them. My guess is we'll see something in '06.
Old 11-09-05, 09:37 AM

Timm?
Old 11-09-05, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mlemmond
Timm?

http://www.google.com/search?q=Justice+League+Timm
Old 11-09-05, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by mlemmond
Does anyone know if Justice League and Justice League Unlimited will be released in season sets so that you don't have to hunt down each release?
Hasn't this subject been brought up in several other threads?
Old 11-09-05, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by John*D
Wait for the previous TIMM stuff to be completed on DVD...

Then they'll have no reason NOT to release them. My guess is we'll see something in '06.
But we still have Batman Beyond to get to yet. What about that series?
Old 11-09-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by tdilia
Hasn't this subject been brought up in several other threads?
Yep - and as I posted there, I'll say it again here. The last I had heard, and from a fairly reliable source, was that they would come out AFTER all the Batman:The Animated Series, and Superman:The Animated Series were released - in order to preserve continuity.

Wether or not that includes Batman Beyond, wasn't said - but since that show (for the most part) happens outside outside of the progression of BTAS to STAS to Justice Leauge - it may not be a factor.

Since the final set/installment of BTAS, and the second (and also possibly last, if they include both seasons 2 and 3) of STAS are coming out on December 6th - next year might not be out of the question to finally get Full season sets of Justice League. Also, another good thing in favor of this, is that they didn't release any JL season 2 episode single DVDs - they just skipped ahead to JLU - so there's even more sales incentive for people to buy without feeling like they had to do too much of a double dip.
Old 11-09-05, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
Yep - and as I posted there, I'll say it again here. The last I had heard, and from a fairly reliable source, was that they would come out AFTER all the Batman:The Animated Series, and Superman:The Animated Series were released - in order to preserve continuity.

Wether or not that includes Batman Beyond, wasn't said - but since that show (for the most part) happens outside outside of the progression of BTAS to STAS to Justice Leauge - it may not be a factor.

Since the final set/installment of BTAS, and the second (and also possibly last, if they include both seasons 2 and 3) of STAS are coming out on December 6th - next year might not be out of the question to finally get Full season sets of Justice League. Also, another good thing in favor of this, is that they didn't release any JL season 2 episode single DVDs - they just skipped ahead to JLU - so there's even more sales incentive for people to buy without feeling like they had to do too much of a double dip.
The 2nd STAS is supposed to be 18 eps like the first according to tvshowsondvd.com. That makes 2/3s of the episodes, tv.com says there were 54 episodes unevenly spread across 4 seasons(I don't know how accurate it is). So, I would expect a third set probably in Feb/Mar as they will be completely done with BTAS and Gotham Knights. Batman Beyond might cause a delay, but I would say they still have time next year to put out hte first season or two of Justice League.
Old 11-11-05, 11:26 AM

Some news from tvshowsondvd.com:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4480
Old 11-11-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's great news if we can get the Justice League sets by next year. Good scoop by tvshowsondvd.
Old 11-11-05, 05:37 PM

Thanks, Tony. I quoted mlemmond's thread-starting post, too!
Old 12-07-05, 08:47 AM
Banned

TVShowsondvd.com is reporting that the Complete First Season of Justice League is being released on March 21st, 2006. it will include all 26 episodes of the First Season.

Here is the link:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4647
Old 12-07-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Edit - If a mod can change the title of the thread to reflect the release date, it will be great.

Last edited by LorenzoL; 12-07-05 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-07-05, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Now that is excellent news
Old 12-07-05, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Judging from my user name, you know I'm excited.
Old 12-07-05, 06:07 PM
Cool New Member

Subsequent news from tvshowsondvd.com reports that the first season episodes will be presented in full frame. I recall that the first airings on Cartoon Network were both wide screen and full frame. Does anyone know OAR? Thanks!
Old 12-07-05, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I belive the first season (maybe first two) was full screen, cropped for widescreen.

But I've also read that they composed for widescreen and that the full screen is just open matte.
Old 12-07-05, 08:07 PM
Banned

From dvdactive.com:

Title: Justice League of America
Starring: N/A (Animation)
Released: 21st March 2006
SRP: $44.98

Further Details:

Warner Home Video has announced the first season of Justice League of America which includes 26 adventures with favorite villains like Lex Luthor, Vandal Savage and sorceress Morgan Le Fey. The four-disc set will be available to own from the 21st March, and should set you back around $44.98. Extras will include commentaries on three episodes by the shows producers, an 'Inside Justice League' private panel discussion between Bruce Timm and his team of creators, a Look of The League featurette on character design, Bruce Timm explains character design of Justice League, another featurette on the storyboarding process, and a "Never Seen Before" promo which helped Justice League leap into action.
Cover art here
Old 12-07-05, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,409 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally Posted by majorjoe23

But I've also read that they composed for widescreen and that the full screen is just open matte.

Precisely.

I just put this in my DVDAF wishlist, and I'm taking it right back out. That's gotta be a record.
Old 12-07-05, 09:14 PM

I's really like to hear the creators pull a Joss Whedon and state their preference, WS or FS?
Old 12-07-05, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rmick
I's really like to hear the creators pull a Joss Whedon and state their preference, WS or FS?
They've said they prefer widescreen. I'm pretty the last season or two has been drawn at 1.77, and any 1.33 presentation is a pan and scan.
Old 12-09-05, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wait, it gets better.

According to this link there is now a chance that Season 2 which was actually animated at 1.77 widescreen, will be presented in fullscreen, by means of our old pal pan and scan.

Please send your letters to Warner at the address in the link above, not only for Season 2, but to hold off on Season 1 so it can be presented in widescreen as the creators intended.

Could this release get any worse? (maybe I shouldn't ask, they might digitally insert the Wonder Twins into all the episodes)
Old 12-09-05, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Originally Posted by milo bloom
Wait, it gets better.

According to this link there is now a chance that Season 2 which was actually animated at 1.77 widescreen, will be presented in fullscreen, by means of our old pal pan and scan.

Please send your letters to Warner at the address in the link above, not only for Season 2, but to hold off on Season 1 so it can be presented in widescreen as the creators intended.

Could this release get any worse? (maybe I shouldn't ask, they might digitally insert the Wonder Twins into all the episodes)
Don't the Wondertwins already show up at the end of season 2?
Old 12-09-05, 01:16 PM

Gord, owner of TVShowsOnDVD, has already contacted Warner to say something about the aspect ratio issue. I think it would be helpful, though, if we all knew that Bruce Timm was pushing the studio for Widescreen on these releases.
Old 12-10-05, 04:27 AM

It looks like he is, according to worldsfinestonline.com at the above link:

A note from show creator / producer Bruce Timm was posted on the forums concerning this matter:

We’ll be starting the special features stuff in the next few weeks, which means a decision on fullscreen or widescreen will need to be made very soon. I’ve been doing my best to persuade the WHV folks to release the season two set (and all subsequent JLU sets) in widescreen, but it’s an uphill battle (fullscreen format is the standard default mode for “family entertainment” DVDs). A deluge of polite, but emphatic, letters expressing fan support for widescreen DVD sets just might tip the scales.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.