Reload this Page >

Question about Bourne Identity DVD

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-04-05, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that this dvd has been discussed with the rerelease having different features, especially dropping the commentary. I believe from the searching and reading that I've done that the first release is the preferred release.

I've been looking to pick this first release up as well as the Bourne Supremacy. On DDD's website, I found a listing for the double pack. I assumed that it was the Explosive Edition matched with Supremacy, but in the special features it listed a commentary by director Paul Greengrass. Here's the link:http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=MCA027476

So I check Amazon's page, and they now have two listings for the double packs. One released back in April, and the other one released in August. I thought it might be a price drop, but the new one is 3 dollars more.

Does it appear that the original Bourne Identity is available now in the value pack, and if I order from DDD will I get the original dvd... or do you simply think it's a misprint?

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by tlwizard; 11-04-05 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Because I am stupid
Old 11-04-05, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TLwizard
Does it appear that the original Bourne Supremacy is available now in the value pack, and if I order from DDD will I get the original dvd... or do you simply think it's a misprint?
Did you mean Bourne Identity in this last bit?

As far as I know, the original Bourne Identity disc is out of print (the one with the commentary, etc). Every B&M store I've seen this pack in has the "Explosive Edition" in the pack. You can still find the original disc from some Canadian retailers; I was able to find one a few months ago, and I believe the extras are the same, only the packaging is bilingual.
Old 11-04-05, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, that's what I meant. I'll edit for clarity.

I just find it curious that there are two listings on Amazon, and that the DDD listing has the original Bourne Identity DVD features as part of the value pack.