Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sliders on DVD ?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Sliders on DVD ?

Old 10-28-05, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sliders on DVD ?

With the numerous old TV programs being released on DVD (albeit slowly over here in NZ) has anyone heard of a release (pending or otherwise) of Sliders ? (The old TV show about a group of people 'sliding' between parallel universes) - in a PAL format (pref Zone 4, but not required).

Cheers
Old 10-28-05, 10:17 PM

Seasons 1-3 are out in Region 1, don't know about 4. Maybe this question should go in International DVDTalk?
Old 10-29-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sailor_moon
Seasons 1-3 are out in Region 1, don't know about 4. Maybe this question should go in International DVDTalk?
Hmm, didn’t realize that Sliders was out on DVD.

I see that Seasons one and two were released on August 3, 2004, and Season 3 was released on July 19, 2005.

There were only four seasons, right? When season 4 is eventually released, do you think it will be packaged together with Season 3, or by itself? I just don’t want to buy seasons 1 and 2 now, then when season 4 comes out see a “all four seasons” box set for a great price.

Also, was this an hour-long show? I used to watch it on TV, but I don’t remember the length.
Old 10-29-05, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Seasons 1-3 are out in R1. Seasons 1 and 2 are in one DVD Release and Season 3 is in it's own DVD release. They are hour-long shows (w/commericals of course). The packaging is very unique, to say the least.

I believe there was a commentary on the pilot, I'm not sure about extras for Season 3.
Old 10-29-05, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Theres 5 seasons of sliders.
Old 10-29-05, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Seasons 1 and 2 were short, hence their being grouped together on DVD- 6 single sided discs with a pilot commentary and a 16-minute retrospective interview.

Season 3 was full-length season, but is on 4 discs- 3 are (YUCK) double-sided. The 4th disc has the season finale, plus a gag reel (taken from a fan site, if you can believe it) and a bonus episode each of "Earth 2" and "Cleopatra 2525" or whatever that show was called. No additional "Sliders" related extras.

Season 4...who knows when that will come out. I know I won't be getting it, or Season 5.