Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Devil's Rejects: Unrated info (minor spoilers)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-26-05, 02:44 AM

Just got this disc, skimmed through the main feature real quick (bedtime). I noticed quite a few shots added (no new scenes added to the movie). Surprisingly, most of the additions are nudity-based. I noticed:

Spoiler:

- 3-4 more shots of the body Tiny is dragging in the beginning, including some fairly graphic ones.

- An overhead shot of Otis + the cheerleader in bed, with complete nudity (theatrical version only had a quick side shot of this).

- About 2-3 more shots of Wendy before Otis throws her on the bed, along with another shot of her on her hands + knees when he throws her there. (even more nudity)

- Longer scene with Otis, Gloria, and the gun in the hotel. Explains a little better exactly what he does to her.

- When Roy gets his head clubbed, I think the camera lingered on the aftermath for an extra 1-2 seconds (not long).

Overall, it seems that these are actual MPAA-required cuts, instead of the typical unrated stuff (these days). Haven't popped the second disc in, but the first has a fairly decent collection of features as well.

Picture is good, DTS-ES sounds good, but I didn't really test its limits (bedtime).
Old 10-26-05, 07:58 AM

Here's a full review of the DVD.
Old 10-26-05, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm all over this!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-05, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sweet, when's the release date again?
Old 10-26-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

nov 8
also another question regarding the unrated cut re. ending (big ass spoilers alert)
Spoiler:
at the end when the gang gets blown to bits by the cops, it seemed like Zombie had to tone it down some for the R rated version, and i was wondering if the scene was more graphic in the unrated version.
Old 10-26-05, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still no Unrated House of 1000 Corpses but we do get the sequel? Strange move for Lion's Gate.
Old 10-26-05, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Can't wait to pick this up...
Old 10-26-05, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Still no Unrated House of 1000 Corpses but we do get the sequel? Strange move for Lion's Gate.
Not really, since Lion's Gate came to the first film late in the game, and no finished version of its uncut state currently exists. With the sequel, Lion's Gate was producing it from the start, and therefore could better manage the finished product(s).

DJ
Old 10-27-05, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
nov 8
also another question regarding the unrated cut re. ending (big ass spoilers alert)
Spoiler:
at the end when the gang gets blown to bits by the cops, it seemed like Zombie had to tone it down some for the R rated version, and i was wondering if the scene was more graphic in the unrated version.
No changes to the final sequence. However, I forgot to mention that there is some added gore in at least one scene:

Spoiler:
- There are several close-ups of the girl who gets creamed by the semi. It shows a bunch of entrails, etc. splattered all over the road. Theatrical version shows an overhead shot then cuts to the guy looking at the body.
Old 10-27-05, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Sounds excellent and I can't wait until it's released