Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is Joint Security Area (JSA) [distributor:Modern Audio] anamorphic?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if this release of JSA was anamorphic or not. The back of the slipcase only states "letterboxed", but I'm not too sure. Can anyone confirm?
Old 10-21-05, 12:54 PM

the modern audio version is not anamorphic. the R3 cj entertainment version from korea is real nice. more info here; http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=2140
Old 10-21-05, 01:03 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by feloosa
the modern audio version is not anamorphic. the R3 cj entertainment version from korea is real nice. more info here; http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=2140
interestingly, the back of the case incorrectly denotes the films running time, suggesting it's longer - when in fact it's not.
Old 10-21-05, 01:05 PM

Thanks for the information, feloosa.
Old 10-21-05, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Giles
interestingly, the back of the case incorrectly denotes the films running time, suggesting it's longer - when in fact it's not.
I noticed that too. It says its 120 min when in fact its only 1hr48min. I was hoping that they had neglected to state that it was anamorphic as well, but struck out there.

I'm not region-free myself, so the other option for me would be the Palm Pictures release, but that one only has the Korean language track in stereo, not DTS.
Old 10-21-05, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Toben
I noticed that too. It says its 120 min when in fact its only 1hr48min. I was hoping that they had neglected to state that it was anamorphic as well, but struck out there.
to be honest I haven't watched my copy yet, but I just recently popped the disc to check the running time and I noticed on my Samsung widescreen HiDef TV that the widescreen imagery is quite wide - it's well documented that the image is 2.35 but on my screen it looks wider, at say, 2.40
Old 10-21-05, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Giles
to be honest I haven't watched my copy yet, but I just recently popped the disc to check the running time and I noticed on my Samsung widescreen HiDef TV that the widescreen imagery is quite wide - it's well documented that the image is 2.35 but on my screen it looks wider, at say, 2.40
Do you have the R0 Modern Audio version, or another release? The information feloosa provided showed that some of the other releases had the film in the wider aspect ratio.
Old 10-21-05, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Toben
Do you have the R0 Modern Audio version, or another release? The information feloosa provided showed that some of the other releases had the film in the wider aspect ratio.
okay, now I am confused - gonna have to check the DVD out when I get home from work.