Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

OZ Season 6 Release Date?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OZ Season 6 Release Date?

I can not find a scheduled release date anywhere for season 6 of OZ. does anyone know anything about it? I've heard a rumor of January 2006 - but that hasn't been confirmed anywhere - and I don't even remember where it was from. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 10-20-05, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to know also....
Old 10-20-05, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

TVShowsonDVD did a report awhile back announcing that it was delayed to Q1 2006. (Unfortunately)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4177
Old 10-20-05, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
damn! waiting forever for this, the last season (5) was too short....
Old 10-20-05, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I hear ya. This is the last season of OZ, and since I've been following the show on DVD, I can't wait to see how the series ends. It's been a painful wait for all 6 seasons. Wait 1 year, watch the (short) season in a day. Wait another year...etc etc
Old 10-21-05, 12:15 AM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts
I started watching it in season 4, so it was interesting to pick up the previous 3 seasons to see how people lived long enough for me to catch them during season 4. Now, after seeing seasons 1, 2, 3, 4 in a row, I'm excited to catch 5 and 6 'cause I don't remember all the details.
Old 10-21-05, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
I hear ya. This is the last season of OZ, and since I've been following the show on DVD, I can't wait to see how the series ends. It's been a painful wait for all 6 seasons. Wait 1 year, watch the (short) season in a day. Wait another year...etc etc
Me too. Since I don't have HBO, I have to do this with all their shows.
Old 10-27-05, 08:17 AM
Cool New Member

Going to be interesting to what you guys who haven't seeen season 6 think of it. That said, I have a backlog of DVD's to watch so this being delayed is ok since I'm only buying it for my tv collection of all my favorite shows.
Old 10-27-05, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
Wow, you can actually watch 8 episodes of Oz in a row? I love the show, and I did some marathons, but damn, that is a lot. Its a little too intense for me to watch that many in a row.

Anyway, I did like season 6, but I was sort of glad it ended when it did. The las couple of seasons showed it really running out of ideas. Not that it wasn't mostly like it probably would be (I'm sure life in prison is just the same thing happening over and over), but it started to make a less compelling show. Plus we avoided having another weird plot device like the "aging pills". Wow.