Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Batman SE" or "Batman Begins" first for a newbie

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

"Batman SE" or "Batman Begins" first for a newbie

Old 10-22-05, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I say wait for the team-up movie to end them all. Batman, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man! Does it get any better?! Of course, due to the huge budget of the special effects alone, they've had to watch every cent in every other department. I don't think you can tell, but here's a promo still.

Old 10-24-05, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Then its off to a lousy start......
I'll bite.
You're in the minority. Anyone who knows the comics and characters, would argue that Begins is a lot more faithful of an adapation.
Old 10-24-05, 10:05 AM

Convincing a Crow lover to stop cutting their arms and dying their hair black is easier than trying to get a Tim Burton zombie to admit how superior Batman Begins is in every way.

And how anyone can see Begins and NOT know it is a whole new entity ... well I guess that is why they make helmets and short buses.
Old 10-24-05, 02:48 PM

I am a big Tim Burton fan and loved what he did with the Batman franchise, despite the very thin story in both of his films. Having said that, as much as I enjoy his films, I both acknowledge that the two Burton "Batman" films were think on story and also agree that "Batman Begins" is a far superior film.

However, I'm not that crazy about how Christian Bale looks in the suit, particularly the mask. It just looks OFF to me.
Old 10-24-05, 03:04 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Originally Posted by Admiral7
However, I'm not that crazy about how Christian Bale looks in the suit, particularly the mask. It just looks OFF to me.

That I agree with; it's like the part of his face exposed in the cowl is too puffy.
Old 10-25-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
That I agree with; it's like the part of his face exposed in the cowl is too puffy.
It's beacuse of the way they made the cowl this time out. It's more form fitting, and tapers at the top, which is why his face looks puffier on the bottom.

There's a whole special feature on the Batman Begins SE disc 2, where they go into detail about the how's and why's the cowl looks different this time out - but I don't feel like typing it all up right now.
Old 10-25-05, 03:34 PM

That's it! It's the wide bottom and tapered top that I don't like about the cowl.