Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Batman Begins - Commentary Track?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-05, 02:08 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Batman Begins - Commentary Track?

Does Batman Begins have a Commentary Track? I'm talking about the Deluxe one.
Old 10-12-05, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess it's only the deluxe that does. IGN's review said no commentary track and I believe they were just referring to the cheaper version.
Old 10-12-05, 02:17 PM

There's no commentary on either version...which is a good thing if you listened to Christopher Nolan's previous ones.
Old 10-12-05, 02:21 PM

Odd. I coulda swore I read that they had a commentary on one of the versions. Oh well.
Old 10-12-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I'm pretty sure the first disc on the deluxe is the same as the single disc version, so no commentary on either.
Old 10-12-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gonvik
There's no commentary on either version...which is a good thing if you listened to Christopher Nolan's previous ones.
Yeah, I'll second that assessment. I love Nolan's films, but I quit listening to his Memento commentary about 20 minutes in. He just mumbled everything, and I found myself wishing there were subtitles for commentary tracks.
Old 10-12-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There was an interview with Nolan at some site recently where he stated why he didn't record a commentary for Batman Begins. Basically DVDs are produced simultaneously with the movie these days. He felt he didn't have anything to say that couldn't be covered in interviews because he still didn't have enough perspective about the film.

I think most of the confusion about the commentary track is due to the Digital Bits including it in a list of tentative specs. According to Nolan, he didn't do one.
Old 10-12-05, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wasn't this covered in the six-page "Batman Begins" specs thread that's at the top of the forum?
Old 10-12-05, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Allow me to . I'm watching the dvd now, there's only an English track, and French track available for Audio Options. The only Special Feature is the trailer. ( No frills version I rented )
Old 10-13-05, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by SPiRAL
Allow me to . I'm watching the dvd now, there's only an English track, and French track available for Audio Options. The only Special Feature is the trailer. ( No frills version I rented )
Excuse me, but what do you mean you rented it? Who already has this available for rent?
Old 10-13-05, 12:52 AM
JM1

Batman Begins commentary

There is definitely no commentary, I have the 2 disc deluxe edition (UK early import copy).

But it's fair to say that the extras are pretty comprehensive and all the bases are covered, so you don't really miss it.
Old 10-13-05, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If Christiopher Nolan is as weak as people say he is with commentaries, I'm just as happy he didn't record one. I love commentaries, but they're done no service if the speaker is dull and boring. Just make up for it with informative documentaries/featurettes and such. Which they seem to have done in this case.

--THX
Old 10-13-05, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Personally, I agree with Nolan's reasoning. It seems like a comprehensive documentary (or series of featurettes, I guess) would be just as informative in terms of giving information, as there really would be no perspective in a commentary at the moment (so basically, both the commentary and the documentary would be accomplishing the same thing: reciting on-set stories).

And indeed, I also agree that this topic should have been merged with the other Batman Begins thread.
Old 10-14-05, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rizor
There was an interview with Nolan at some site recently where he stated why he didn't record a commentary for Batman Begins. Basically DVDs are produced simultaneously with the movie these days. He felt he didn't have anything to say that couldn't be covered in interviews because he still didn't have enough perspective about the film.
http://www.dvdexclusive.com/article.asp?articleID=2443
Old 10-14-05, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Yeah Bullshit, of course there is gonna be another [Extended] DVD edition to come before the sequel hits the theater. Don't deny it Christopher, I'm not hating. I'm getting the Deluxe edition this time and will prob-ly get the next version in the future.
Old 10-16-05, 03:12 AM

His commentaries arent THAT horrible, but I wouldnt mind having one since all his other films have commentaries on them; or at least one with Bale. I'm sure he'll have the 'perspective' he needs to record one when the sequel is done.