Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WWE The Bret Hart Story: DVD Listings

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-05, 02:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tbwmp88
How do you quote someone? I can't check the box under options. Anyways Boyhood Dreams was what I rented. Looks like I will be picking this up.
Boyhood Dreams is terrible, get the Shawn Micheals: From the Vault, MUCH MUCH BETTER DVD and that is a understatement
Old 11-18-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
Boyhood Dreams is terrible, get the Shawn Micheals: From the Vault, MUCH MUCH BETTER DVD and that is a understatement
My copy is autographed
Old 11-19-05, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Get the f out of the ring....this is my moment"
Hbk~ after winning the belt from bret at wm12.

Great dvd. Was it better then wrestling with shadows. Hmm....i can't say it was.....but it was an awesome insight and the footage of stampede and other lil things. It's just amazing. I mean small things like hbk saying the above quote and mr. perfect grimacing when bret popped back his dislocated finger was awesome.

Wrestling with shadows was slightly better because you had the whole screwjob and a look into the inner workings of the wwe.

And was i the only one that so wanted to see that complete dynamite kid match from stampede. man that looked like a great match.

As for the matches. I watched every match and the final count on bret matches that ended in a roll up (small package/victory roll, etc.) Stands at 7. I thought i should share some useless, yet interesting info with ya'll.

The austin match had a problem with the sound. It must have been mixed wrong or something. I was kinda annoyed they didn't bother adding commentary to the dibiase match. Don't know why it was left off. It's possible that match was never shown on tv thus commentary was never recorded, but they could have thrown in some alternate commentary. They have dibiase working for them, so him giving his thoughts with bret would have been real nice. Also, The bigalow match was in spanish. Easily could have had someone doing alternate like they did for the benoit dvd, when they included his japanese matches. Minor nuisances. Overall a great dvd overall.
Old 11-19-05, 02:55 PM

Just watched the main program, haven't watched the matches or extra interview topics yet. Pretty good, three quibbling points:

1. If you watch the ending of the Iron Man Match at WMXII, Bret DOES just stand in the ring for no reason. HBK could've shown a bit more tact, but Bret didn't seem to want to leave.

2. At the beginning of the program, he describes "old farts" up in Stampede who wouldn't let new talent (as he was, at the time) get a chance to shine. Later on, he complains about how late '95/early '96 was all about getting Shawn to the top! That's called making a new star, Bret, which I'm sure he knows. Just personal garbage clouding his thoughts.

3. Bret bizarrely complains about the training footage prior to the Iron Man Match at WMXII, saying Shawn looks like Rocky in his and Bret was somehow made to look like a old fool in his. Well, for one, Shawn was the up-and-comer at the time, so his footage makes sense, and two, Bret is shown training with his father and running up snowy hills in Calgary - that makes perfect sense with his character, as Stu Hart and the Dungeon were well-known aspects to his style even in the mid 90s WWF. This makes Bret look like some kind of paranoid whiner.
Old 11-19-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by robsul82
Just watched the main program, haven't watched the matches or extra interview topics yet. Pretty good, three quibbling points:

1. If you watch the ending of the Iron Man Match at WMXII, Bret DOES just stand in the ring for no reason. HBK could've shown a bit more tact, but Bret didn't seem to want to leave.

2. At the beginning of the program, he describes "old farts" up in Stampede who wouldn't let new talent (as he was, at the time) get a chance to shine. Later on, he complains about how late '95/early '96 was all about getting Shawn to the top! That's called making a new star, Bret, which I'm sure he knows. Just personal garbage clouding his thoughts.

3. Bret bizarrely complains about the training footage prior to the Iron Man Match at WMXII, saying Shawn looks like Rocky in his and Bret was somehow made to look like a old fool in his. Well, for one, Shawn was the up-and-comer at the time, so his footage makes sense, and two, Bret is shown training with his father and running up snowy hills in Calgary - that makes perfect sense with his character, as Stu Hart and the Dungeon were well-known aspects to his style even in the mid 90s WWF. This makes Bret look like some kind of paranoid whiner.
Ha Ha. Excellent points. The comment about the training footage was a bit bizarre, but i think he even kinda admitted it was a funny way of looking at it. I always thought the purpose of the footage was to give off an old skool champ v. the young up and comer feel. The vet goes back to his roots to battle the young buck vying to take his strap.
Old 11-22-05, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was posted on another board:

Just an FYI on the Bret DVD for those that were mad about the Bret/Austin audio. Here's an e-mail update from someone at the WWE Shopzone:

We are aware of this problem. The improved Bret Hart DVD's should be available within the next month on WWE Shop.
Old 11-22-05, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What does that mean to those of us that have already purchased the set? Will we be able to replace them?
Old 11-23-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
This was posted on another board:
WTF? I hope we get replacement discs!!
Old 11-23-05, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
What does that mean to those of us that have already purchased the set? Will we be able to replace them?
I guess were s*** out of luck. It's minor nuisance, wouldn't mind a replacement disc though. While your at it. Go record some commentary for the dibiase & bigalow matches. Damn slackers.
Old 01-14-06, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got through the main part of the DVD. I was a huge Bret Hart fan growing up, but I have to admit, I am really sick of his whining. He definitely has a legitimate reason, but we've already heard the story numerous times.

The thing that I really took from this DVD was that Bret Hart was probably one of the greatest wrestlers of all time - just ask him! I don't doubt that he is, but Bret, a little modesty goes a long way.

Tough to watch some of the Owen stuff though...