Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Battlestar Galactica S1 defect?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-05, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Battlestar Galactica S1 defect?

Picked up Battlestar Galactica S1 yesterday from Tower Records for $36.99, everything about it is 1st class from packaging to picture to sound, except for one slight problem. Every episode starts with someone saying "Previously on Battlestar Galactica," then they show the 15 second "Cylons were created by humans" montage, then they show the scenes from previously episodes. Is this on every set and does it drive anyone else crazy?
Old 09-23-05, 09:02 AM

I wouldn't call this a defect. It's more likely they are just keeping the shows exactly like they were aired. I hate when TV shows on DVD have this but I'm sure if they removed them there would be people complaining that the shows were altered fom the original broadcast.
Old 09-23-05, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Atreus
I wouldn't call this a defect. It's more likely they are just keeping the shows exactly like they were aired. I hate when TV shows on DVD have this but I'm sure if they removed them there would be people complaining that the shows were altered fom the original broadcast.
I mean they say "Previously on.." show the precredits, then show the recap. It should be the precredits, then say "previously on," then show the recap.
Old 09-23-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is there a chapter stop after all that? I haven't had a chance to check my set out yet.
Old 09-23-05, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's The Way They Were Aired In The UK and for the release they decided to use that intro instead. And They Also Used The UK Theme Song and Credits.
Old 09-23-05, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by mbw555
That's The Way They Were Aired In The UK and for the release they decided to use that intro instead. And They Also Used The UK Theme Song and Credits.
Are you sure? I thought the Best Buy version had the UK intro and the 5 disc version had the US intro.
Old 09-23-05, 09:56 AM

I Have The UK Version From Best Buy. And I Read The US Version DVD Review and they said they changed it to the Uk Intro and The UK Opening Credits Because Season 2 in the US Does That With The Credits Now.
Old 09-23-05, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by cleaver
I mean they say "Previously on.." show the precredits, then show the recap. It should be the precredits, then say "previously on," then show the recap.
Sorry I had only seen the UK version so this is they way I was used to seeing it. My bad.
Old 09-23-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My wife and I have been watching Nip Tuck on dvd and it is also presented that way. I think it is common for newer TV shows on DVD. A little bit of a pain, but I just fast forward through it.
Old 09-23-05, 10:50 PM

So there isn't a defect with the discs themselves? Good to know. With all my pre-orders in post office hell due to Katrina, I'm not looking forward having to go through everything right away to look for problems with discs.