Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WrestleMania Box Set information!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-05, 07:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am going to pick up the whole set on the DDD 20% off sale with X-Mas funds!
Old 08-27-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure if I have any real interest in the set (as I don't even watch wrestling anymore), but it does look like WrestleMania 22 will be held in Chicago, so I might have to try and get tickets for that.
Old 08-28-05, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not real sure what all the Ventura lawsuit entailed, but he was on the commentary for the Hogan/Warrior WM6 match that was included on WM 18.
Old 08-28-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Anyone know if any good extras are on this like matches leading up to the events. I hope nothing is edited out. I can get a really awesome deal on this set, so I don't really want to pass it up.
Old 08-28-05, 11:08 AM
Banned

Are you talking about the really awesome deal at DDD Element?
Old 08-28-05, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kornboy
Are you talking about the really awesome deal at DDD Element?
No, probably can't really say it here but lets just say, myself and 2 friends are splitting the cost 3 ways, I will end up keeping the original copies and box while they won't be.

It works for me.
Old 08-28-05, 06:23 PM

WWE went about the whole blurred logo/watermark thing the wrong way.
Instead of blurring the logo on their dvd's, they should have digitally added a line to the WWF logo making the F an E.
It would have left the logo on their dvd's unblurred, they would still have to blur out the logo on t-shirts etc. But the annoying blotch on the bottom of the screen wouldn't be there.
I always found the WWF/WWE was totally bush league and lacking imgination and common sense when it came to anything on the technical side of things.
I for one won't be buying any of the Wrestlemanias.
The old NWA had better quality wrestling on their big cards like Starrcade and Great American Bash than the WWF could ever do at their big cards, with a couple exceptions.
Wrestling wise, the NWA, WCW and ECW were way better than the WWF was.
The WWF was all sizzle and no steak.
Old 08-28-05, 07:34 PM
Cool New Member

I am just going to get the big box, So that everything looks the same and stored away I might even get 2 since they probably wont make many large box sets. I can sell it later on ebay and have the profits pay for part of set I keep.
Old 08-29-05, 10:10 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lobo13
WWE went about the whole blurred logo/watermark thing the wrong way.
Instead of blurring the logo on their dvd's, they should have digitally added a line to the WWF logo making the F an E.
It would have left the logo on their dvd's unblurred, they would still have to blur out the logo on t-shirts etc. But the annoying blotch on the bottom of the screen wouldn't be there.
I always found the WWF/WWE was totally bush league and lacking imgination and common sense when it came to anything on the technical side of things.
I for one won't be buying any of the Wrestlemanias.
The old NWA had better quality wrestling on their big cards like Starrcade and Great American Bash than the WWF could ever do at their big cards, with a couple exceptions.
Wrestling wise, the NWA, WCW and ECW were way better than the WWF was.
Old 08-29-05, 10:32 AM
Banned

Tell that to Ricky Steamboat and Randy Savage or to Bret Hart and Stone Cold or to the Dudleyz, the Hardyz, Edge and Christian. They will all agree.

I always found the WWF/WWE was totally bush league
Completely a bush league. That is the reason why they are the last big company and own WCW and ECW, plus a lot of footage from other less fortunate companies.

I may not like what WWE is doing now, but we can't deny that they are the most succesful wrestling company ever. Sure NWA and WCW and ECW and World Class were great companies, but they were as inconsistent, even bordering on mediocrity at times. Who else in their right mind would fire Ric Flair while he was still the NWA champion?
Old 08-29-05, 03:06 PM

Rickey Steamboat - product of the NWA
Randy Savage - product of Memphis
Bret Hart - Stampede Wrestling
Stone Cold- product of WCW, but he sucks anyway, can't wrestle worth a crap, never could. He's great on the mic and had a cool character, but as far as wrestling is concerned, I've never seen him have a good match in his life. Punching and kicking is all he does, he doesn't have one wrestling move in his repetoire.
Dudleys - product of ECW
Hardy Boyz, Edge and Christian are all very good and got big in the WWF, I'll give them credit for that.

Promoting talent and selling your product is an entirely different thing than putting on good wrestling matches, which the WWF/WWE has been incapable of doing in for a long time now.
During WWF's highest point in the ratings, it was a well known fact that their ratings were the LOWEST when there was an actual match being televised, the ratings then would go UP when they ran promos and interviews.
WWE isn't about wrestling anymore, hasn't been for a long time, it's about storylines now.
The NWA was a superior product as far as the quality of wrestling is concerned.
Yes, WWE won the wrestling wars, but it wasn't because they had a better matches and angles, they were just able to promote and sell it better, they had a better business plan, big difference.
I've been watching wrestling for 30 years. I've seen it all. The WWF had the worst wrestling than any of the other big organizations in the 80's.
Just look at the Wrestling Stars Of The 80's dvd, can anyone honestly say that the NWA stuff isn't better than the crappy WWF stuff?
The WWF was all cartoons, clowns and over the top stupid characters in the 80's while the NWA was putting on great wrestling matches on great stacked cards like Starrcade and Great American Bash.
NWA was putting on Flair vs Race and Dusty vs Flair for the world title while WWF had Mr. T and Cyndi Lauper in their main events, what a total joke.
Call me when you have a clue about what real wrestling is.

Last edited by Lobo13; 08-29-05 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-29-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 08-29-05, 05:18 PM

LOL!

Kurt Angle
Shelton Benjamin

Old 08-29-05, 05:21 PM
Suspended

Rickey Steamboat - product of the NWA
Randy Savage - product of Memphis
Bret Hart - Stampede Wrestling
Stone Cold- product of WCW, but he sucks anyway, can't wrestle worth a crap, never could. He's great on the mic and had a cool character, but as far as wrestling is concerned, I've never seen him have a good match in his life. Punching and kicking is all he does, he doesn't have one wrestling move in his repetoire.
Dudleys - product of ECW
Hardy Boyz, Edge and Christian are all very good and got big in the WWF, I'll give them credit for that.

Promoting talent and selling your product is an entirely different thing than putting on good wrestling matches, which the WWF/WWE has been incapable of doing in for a long time now.
During WWF's highest point in the ratings, it was a well known fact that their ratings were the LOWEST when there was an actual match being televised, the ratings then would go UP when they ran promos and interviews.
WWE isn't about wrestling anymore, hasn't been for a long time, it's about storylines now.
The NWA was a superior product as far as the quality of wrestling is concerned.
Yes, WWE won the wrestling wars, but it wasn't because they had a better matches and angles, they were just able to promote and sell it better, they had a better business plan, big difference.
I've been watching wrestling for 30 years. I've seen it all. The WWF had the worst wrestling than any of the other big organizations in the 80's.
Just look at the Wrestling Stars Of The 80's dvd, can anyone honestly say that the NWA stuff isn't better than the crappy WWF stuff?
The WWF was all cartoons, clowns and over the top stupid characters in the 80's while the NWA was putting on great wrestling matches on great stacked cards like Starrcade and Great American Bash.
NWA was putting on Flair vs Race and Dusty vs Flair for the world title while WWF had Mr. T and Cyndi Lauper in their main events, what a total joke.
Hi there, new member. Welcome to DVDTalk. What you're doing it called threadcrapping, and isn't tolerated. This thread is for discussion of the upcoming Wrestlemania box set. No one cares that you hate the WWF/WWE.
Old 08-30-05, 03:22 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Hi there, new member. Welcome to DVDTalk. What you're doing it called threadcrapping, and isn't tolerated. This thread is for discussion of the upcoming Wrestlemania box set. No one cares that you hate the WWF/WWE.

Yup. Lobo13, if you aren't interested in the DVD that's being discussed, please don't post in the thread.
Old 08-31-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/460...spam200508.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/670...spam200509.jpg

Still no word regarding the scratch logo of WM15-18

I already have 15-21 on DVD with 16 autographed by Foley and 20-21 autographed by Cena. That combined with the scratch logo means I'm hanging on to mine.

Last edited by Class316; 09-02-05 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-31-05, 06:58 PM

Deep Discount DVD just dropped the price to $151.18
Old 09-01-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The DDD price is pretty amazing. However, no sense in paying for a botched 15-18 since I have them on DVD uncensored and all.

I also have 19-21 on DVD.

My WM16 is autographed by Foley, and 20-21 is autographed by John Cena.

So I’ll stick with the first 3 boxsets and maybe sell the extra blurred WM15. And of course live with the WM14 blurs. Sounds logical enough.
Old 09-01-05, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Pics not working...but you were responsible for me finding a cool, new Firefox extension. Thanks!
Old 09-01-05, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Class316
So I’ll stick with the first 3 boxsets and maybe sell the extra blurred WM15. And of course live with the WM14 blurs. Sounds logical enough.
And this is EXACTLY what I plan on doing....LOL. At first, I thought about selling WM16 to WM21 and just getting the whole box when it comes out, but I doubt the same extras will be included. Who knows though.
Old 09-02-05, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Pics not working...but you were responsible for me finding a cool, new Firefox extension. Thanks!
How was I responsible?

Originally Posted by Nabalab
And this is EXACTLY what I plan on doing....LOL. At first, I thought about selling WM16 to WM21 and just getting the whole box when it comes out, but I doubt the same extras will be included. Who knows though.
Given the price, I sincerely doubt the discs will be more than bare bones. If each was 2 discs then the MSRP would be $400.
Old 09-02-05, 12:21 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmm I use to be a fan, but since all the big names have left the WWE, I haven't been watching it much.

I'm on the fence with this set
Old 09-03-05, 03:50 PM
Banned

Any word on whether or not stuff will be blurred on certain WM's?
Old 09-03-05, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I hope not, It shouldn't be a big issue, it's just a freaking logo. If the World Wildlife Foundation has a problem, they can kiss my ass.
Old 09-03-05, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 200 Posts
Actually you can blame Vince for this. The World Wildlife Foundation was fine with him using the WWF initials in the US as long as it wasn't used for advertising in Europe. I understand that they're a worldwide federation but cmon 99% of business is in the US or Canada. Vince should have just done the WWE thing for Europe and let us have the WWF.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.